RITUAL (bel) - S/T

Trading, selling, want lists, distros, weelin' & dealin'
BloodOfChrist

RITUAL (bel) - S/T

Post by BloodOfChrist »

Just wondering, does anyone know how much a copy of this usually goes for? Ive never seen it sell to anyone before, so I have no idea what I should expect. Also, how much would a mint copy, with insert, singed by the dead bass player (Rayne Roobaert), go for?

It seems really rare but I dont know much about the record other then the story about the most copies being thrown away when Rayne died and someone bought his house with all the copies in it. Does anyone know anything else about this (how many were initially pressed, how many were in the house, etc)?
tomas

Post by tomas »

One of the guys who was in Thee Plague Of Gentlemen told me the drummer of Ritual, who was in TPOG as well in the early days, still has 20 copies in his basement, and he's not planning on selling them.
Too bad, because I want one!!!!!!!!!

Price? I 've seen it listend for 80-100euros.
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

I bought the Ritual record, and I just recieved it a few days ago. I was told that Roobaert signed as "Rayne" but after looking at it in person it says "Rayme", which makes a lot more sense (from "Raymond"). He also wrote a little note that I cant read (I dont speak any languages besides English). Is there anyone here from Belgium who would be able to help me out? Im really curious as to what it might say, especially because he looks dead in the band photo on the back and he signed over his "corpse".

I tried to take pictures of the note but they came out really blurry. If anyone thinks they might be able to translate it Id REALLY appreciate it. You can PM me or email me at infernal_trinity@hotmail.com

Thanks!
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

How much did you have to fork out for it?
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

$180 plus shipping. I really dont have enough money for that kind of a purchase right now, but I borrowed money from several people so I could get it (I dont know if Id get a chance to again).

The user Andreas on here helped me out with the translation. It said...

I dont sleep,
I compose!

Take care,
Rayme