New VOLTAX Single for fans of Riot,X Japan and Metal in Spanish

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
MEXDefenderOfSteel

New VOLTAX Single for fans of Riot,X Japan and Metal in Spanish

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Hello fellow Corroseum friends and allies!

Long time since I have posted here, I have turned into a silent follower of the forum ,but anyway I am here to share some new music from my band.

Lots of things have changed in Voltax, but I would like to point a few of the most important things of this new release:

-Everything is now in Spanish, bye bye English, its overrated
-No more clicks and metronomes, the album was recorded live
-No triggers ,finally we found the correct mixer that could achieve a raw and organic sound yet with lots of balls (if you know the Band Spell from Canada,its the same guy that does the albums for them)

Complete album will be released by end of February: digital format, CD and Casette (if you know anyone interested in releasing the vinyl, please let me know!)

First single can be heard here:

let me know what you think!
Noisenik

Re: New VOLTAX Single for fans of Riot,X Japan and Metal in Spanish

Post by Noisenik »

Sounds really tight and tighter than before. Was quite allured by mentioning X JAPAN, not that I detect them straight, although there is some ferocity within the melody. Certainly likeable. I guess you will decide to print lyrics on the releases anyway?
I am ... the One you warned me of
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Hi Mex, nice to see you here after such a lengthy absence.
Enjoyed the new song, the revamped sound is more 'natural' & powerful to my ears. You can't beat the real deal sound of a tight band throwing it down live in a room, particularly with a good engineer to capture it properly.
Even as an English speaker with very little Spanish i've long thought the sounds & speech patterns of Espanol lend themselves really well to Metal, (unlike some native tongues), and the choice you've made to use Spanish vocals works perfectly & maybe even adds a certain exotic edge.
My only very small concern was with the overall pace of the song, it sounds at certain points like you're rushing it too much. Technically you all pulled it off really well but the song might have been better served if you'd played it @ 90 mph instead of 100 as those catchy hooks really deserve to be heard properly instead of flashing past in quite such a blur.
Otherwise very impressive indeed.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Noisenik wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:57 pm Sounds really tight and tighter than before. Was quite allured by mentioning X JAPAN, not that I detect them straight, although there is some ferocity within the melody. Certainly likeable. I guess you will decide to print lyrics on the releases anyway?
Thanks for checking it out! Indeed all lyrics will be included with the physical releases :D
MEXDefenderOfSteel

bigfootkit wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:36 am Hi Mex, nice to see you here after such a lengthy absence.
Enjoyed the new song, the revamped sound is more 'natural' & powerful to my ears. You can't beat the real deal sound of a tight band throwing it down live in a room, particularly with a good engineer to capture it properly.
Even as an English speaker with very little Spanish i've long thought the sounds & speech patterns of Espanol lend themselves really well to Metal, (unlike some native tongues), and the choice you've made to use Spanish vocals works perfectly & maybe even adds a certain exotic edge.
My only very small concern was with the overall pace of the song, it sounds at certain points like you're rushing it too much. Technically you all pulled it off really well but the song might have been better served if you'd played it @ 90 mph instead of 100 as those catchy hooks really deserve to be heard properly instead of flashing past in quite such a blur.
Otherwise very impressive indeed.
Hi bigfoot!
Glad you liked how it sounds in Spanish, actually it´s a lil bit more difficult to give some structure to the lyrics in Spanish than in English, but we do think sounds better in our mother language (This subject could lead to an entire new thread discussion)

I agree with the point you made about the pace of this track, originally it was a little bit slower but still wanted to make a very intense but catchy song with little space for the listener to take a breath :P , of all the takes we recorded we thought this was the best ,so the fastest one won the place to be on the new record

Still the this album will have more variety, there will be a couple of "Doomy" tracks (a first time for us also) as well as some mid-tempo straight forward-classic Heavy Metal tracks to come up with a better balance of all the songs

Thanks for the input!
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:32 pm Hi bigfoot!
Glad you liked how it sounds in Spanish, actually it´s a lil bit more difficult to give some structure to the lyrics in Spanish than in English, but we do think sounds better in our mother language (This subject could lead to an entire new thread discussion)

I agree with the point you made about the pace of this track, originally it was a little bit slower but still wanted to make a very intense but catchy song with little space for the listener to take a breath :P , of all the takes we recorded we thought this was the best ,so the fastest one won the place to be on the new record

Still the this album will have more variety, there will be a couple of "Doomy" tracks (a first time for us also) as well as some mid-tempo straight forward-classic Heavy Metal tracks to come up with a better balance of all the songs

Thanks for the input!
Recording live is a lot like trying to 'capture lightning in a bottle' so with that more in mind i understand your reasoning in selecting this take, the playing has technical flair aplenty combined with all the fire & feel in the performance you want to preserve for posterity. I just felt it was a bit of a pity, from a songwriting perspective, to hurry such catchy & well crafted refrains.
I look forward to hearing the full length, album particularly now i know it has the wide variety of styles you describe. I find a lot of modern Metal limits itself far too much to a particular sub-sub-genre so it's refreshing to find there are still those willing to take a broader approach. Wishing you much success with it.
alien laserblast

Post by alien laserblast »

That was awesome, thanks for sharing. You guys kicked my ass (and my band’s haha) at wings of metal in 2015. Really looking forward to this album.
otcmetal

Post by otcmetal »

Ripping and intense!!! Loved the harmony guitars. Great stuff!!!
MEXDefenderOfSteel

alien laserblast wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:53 pm That was awesome, thanks for sharing. You guys kicked my ass (and my band’s haha) at wings of metal in 2015. Really looking forward to this album.
thanks man! great festival you mentioned! you on Chrstian Mistress? if so ,we may meet again at Hells Heroes soon! :D
alien laserblast

Post by alien laserblast »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:55 pm
alien laserblast wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:53 pm That was awesome, thanks for sharing. You guys kicked my ass (and my band’s haha) at wings of metal in 2015. Really looking forward to this album.
thanks man! great festival you mentioned! you on Chrstian Mistress? if so ,we may meet again at Hells Heroes soon! :D
Indeed! Looking forward to it!!
MEXDefenderOfSteel

We released track 2 today, not at full speed here but still intense and with a wider variety of influences showing on this one

next week we will release it on all digital platforms as well as CD format

bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

That was great! Really memorable music with some very smart details like the unusual use of keyboards for texture at points & all those extra little emphases the drummer added throughout. A really well written, cleverly arranged & expertly performed song, very cool indeed. Congratulations to all involved & i hope the album does well for you.
vansinne

Post by vansinne »

Great songs, I quite enjoyed the "too fast" pace of the first one. I'll pick up a CD for sure.

It was also a lot of fun seeing you guys at Keepers of the Flame last year (I think we said hello - I was the Swedish guy somewhat overwhelmed by the bottles of tequila making rounds through the audience).
THRASHER BE

Post by THRASHER BE »

Listened to both new songs, like it quite a lot.
I get the points about the hasta que song being maybe a bit too fast but I like it, burn at 200 mph.

I agree that Spanish is a great Heavy Metal language :)
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Thanks so much for your positive feedback guys! tomorrow is the release date , you will be able to listen to the whole album in our Bandcamp site as well as placing CD order if you like (all digital music platforms will featured the album too in the coming days)

By late March we will be releasing a Cassette/Tape version
Attachments
ardentis promo.jpeg
ardentis promo.jpeg (356.28 KiB) Viewed 3715 times