Italian Metal Heroes - collectors editions

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Nonseinormale65

Italian Metal Heroes - collectors editions

Post by Nonseinormale65 »

As i told privately to Dan some weeks ago me and a friend were working to some special releases...a series of 10" of old italian bands from the 80's including unreleased stuff,demos,live songs etc. etc.

All the EP/10" are in numbered limited edition for the price of 25 euro (shipping is not included),
the first issue is the four tracks uncirculated 1988 demo by Unreal Terror and it includes a bio of the band by Gianni Della Cioppa:

Volume Two is by Quasar (later known as Quasar Lux Symphoniae), a demo from the early 80's :

More will follow soon,we have scheduled a release every week and at the moment over 50 bands are in queue waiting for their turn,bands as
Acido,Elektradrive,X-Hero,Valkiria (from Rome),Unforced,Spitfire,H.Kristal,Silence,Scarlet,Sabotage,Run After To,Rockrose,Rod Sacred,Revenge,Ransackers,Rain,Odds,Mothra,Loadstar,Keen Eyed,Ira,Ice Eyes,Hellen,Hailstorm and many many more!!!

For info and orders :

https://auashop.com/

Solo i morti hanno visto la fine della guerra.
Zanker

Re: Italian Metal Heroes - collectors editions

Post by Zanker »

Sounds and look great! Personaly not a big fan of the 10" format.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Wishing you every success with this Nonseinormale65. Nice to see someone delving deep to represent the olde Italian scene. In due course might you do a 'best of' on CD for those of us who don't do vinyl?
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Nonseinormale65

We have no plan for cd anthologies at the moment but two or three releases will be on cd because of their lenght (as for the Rod Sacred stuff for example), we chose the 10" format because the 7" was too limited/small and the LP format too big,usually there will be music on it for about 15/20 minutes since most of the material will be from demo or unreleased EP's :wink:
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Can you tell us more about these records, are they really made "on demand" as the orders come in? Inquiring minds want to know.
Nonseinormale65

doomedplanet wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:10 pm Can you tell us more about these records, are they really made "on demand" as the orders come in? Inquiring minds want to know.
Yes, copies are pressed after the orders (even if a small run is done in advance for the bands and our entourage),Auarecords has a machine that prints directly onto the vinyl so if a single customer or shops/distributors ask for only one copy or more the label can do it without problems avoiding unsold copies in stock instead; the price for a single item is 25 €uro but for shops and distros we have a special and cheaper price in case of multiple orders, for more details about it shops/distros please contact me via pm or the label at info@auarecords.com

Shipping prices are the following:

12,50 euro for 2 records/copies (including USA,Canada and Japan)

17,50 euro for 3/4 records/copies (USA,Canada and Japan)

22 euro from 5 up to 10 records/copies (USA,Canada and Japan)

P.S. Release number 3 will feature Bloody Skizz with their songs
originally released on 7" in 1982 with a couple of bonus tracks
unreleased at the time.
humus

Post by humus »

Nonseinormale65 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:09 amAuarecords has a machine that prints directly onto the vinyl so if a single customer or shops/distributors ask for only one copy or more the label can do it without problems avoiding unsold copies in stock instead;

unreleased at the time.
Interesting. And what about the quality, I assume it's probably somewhere in between lathe cut and factory press?
Good news about Bloody skizz, will buy that one for sure. Always had a weak spot for that one ever since Dan reviewed it, but never found an original one. Please use the original coverart!
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

humus wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:17 am
Nonseinormale65 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:09 amAuarecords has a machine that prints directly onto the vinyl so if a single customer or shops/distributors ask for only one copy or more the label can do it without problems avoiding unsold copies in stock instead;

unreleased at the time.
Interesting. And what about the quality, I assume it's probably somewhere in between lathe cut and factory press?
Good news about Bloody skizz, will buy that one for sure. Always had a weak spot for that one ever since Dan reviewed it, but never found an original one. Please use the original coverart!
It's the same spot where I pressed my Offertory EP, did I ever give you that one, it has been so long I can't remember, must've had your name on it... It's lathe cut yes.
Nonseinormale65

Yes,lathe cut :wink: , and to add more value to the releases:

"These records will contain unpublished material,rarities taken from demos,rehearsal or live shows of the time
(the audio quality could be variable and not comply with current standards even if in studio we made all that was
possible); folder cover edition,printed inside with rare images of the time and a biography of the bands and in some cases
with special inserts with old press/zine reviews or lyrics of the songs".
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Looks interesting! Does this "print on demand" thing mean that copies will always be available, or is there a chance that they will become "out of print"?

I'm asking because I'd rather wait for a few more to be released before ordering, to save on shipping.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Nonseinormale65

Khnud wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:38 pm Looks interesting! Does this "print on demand" thing mean that copies will always be available, or is there a chance that they will become "out of print"?

I'm asking because I'd rather wait for a few more to be released before ordering, to save on shipping.
Yes,it's exactly so...of course you can preorder and waiting until more releases are ready and done so to havemore items at the same time doing a single packaging and saving money on shipping.
humus

Post by humus »

Zombie Dance wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:53 amIt's the same spot where I pressed my Offertory EP, did I ever give you that one, it has been so long I can't remember, must've had your name on it... It's lathe cut yes.
Yes, I remember getting that one from you in front of the Mag4. But my memory isn't that good that I remember which bands were playing :D
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

humus wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:06 pm
Zombie Dance wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:53 amIt's the same spot where I pressed my Offertory EP, did I ever give you that one, it has been so long I can't remember, must've had your name on it... It's lathe cut yes.
Yes, I remember getting that one from you in front of the Mag4. But my memory isn't that good that I remember which bands were playing :D
2018 that's the best I can do myself!
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Nonseinormale65 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:09 am
doomedplanet wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:10 pm Can you tell us more about these records, are they really made "on demand" as the orders come in? Inquiring minds want to know.
Yes, copies are pressed after the orders (even if a small run is done in advance for the bands and our entourage),Auarecords has a machine that prints directly onto the vinyl so if a single customer or shops/distributors ask for only one copy or more the label can do it without problems avoiding unsold copies in stock instead; the price for a single item is 25 €uro but for shops and distros we have a special and cheaper price in case of multiple orders, for more details about it shops/distros please contact me via pm or the label at info@auarecords.com

Shipping prices are the following:

12,50 euro for 2 records/copies (including USA,Canada and Japan)

17,50 euro for 3/4 records/copies (USA,Canada and Japan)

22 euro from 5 up to 10 records/copies (USA,Canada and Japan)

unreleased at the time.
Thank you. Another question now that I have: the details. Are the records cut in stereo or mono? I saw that the 7" singles on offer at the website say "7" lo-fi mono single". Does this translate to their 10" cuts or are they using a different stereo cutting head? In the U.S. and elsewhere these lo-fi cuts are done on a clear plastic that is good for only a few plays and have a lot of static, Are these using a better type material? I only have a 3 lathe cuts myself and only in the 7" format, I have not seen a 10" format before.

I'm very interested in the concept, it is really cool but I'm asking because of course I want to listen to these records. Can you post a actual photo of the finished product? Cheers! Some really interesting bands you have announced in the series, makes me wonder if there isn't enough market for some actual lp versions of some of them, say split 12" lps with a demo on each side for example.
Nonseinormale65

All the records of this collection are and will be on stereo,the material is polyvinyl chloride,Auarecords use a different machine (a Neumann) to press these 10" and another one(in mono) for the 7"; about the pictures...i am waiting my copies too :lol:

P.S. some bands will have a release on cd because an EP and even an LP won't be enough to contain all their music :wink: