GOOD YouTube channels?

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
bigfootkit

Re: GOOD YouTube channels?

Post by bigfootkit »

Noisenik wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:04 am Just a reminder: yesterday Alan and co. had another interesting debate.
Thanks for the tip Nenad. It's a safe bet that Alan mentions Charger as soon as he's able. :D
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Marty, Alan and Jürgen have prepared another episode that might be of interest. Summer is coming.

I am ... the One you warned me of
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Hope folks are enjoying some of the heavy Metallurgy and Let's Talk metal video content on Youtube. Special thanks to those of you who have left comments or joined the live chat for some of the streams.
I think some of you will really enjoy last night's stream with Sue Verica. She wrote for Metal Maniacs from 1994-they shut down as 'Sue Nolz'. Last night we discussed the history of Megaforce records and the Zazulas. Sue and her husband met them on several occasions and became friends with them. They also bought a lot of memorabilia when John and Marsha sold many of their personal items. Sue showed some incredibly cool, practically one-of-a-kind items during the show.
Enjoy!
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

nightsblood wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:28 pmHope folks are enjoying some of the heavy Metallurgy and Let's Talk metal video content on Youtube. Special thanks to those of you who have left comments or joined the live chat for some of the streams.
I posted a comment to Summer emission, but it seems it vanished the instant I pressed "Enter".
I am ... the One you warned me of
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Noisenik wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:16 pm
nightsblood wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:28 pmHope folks are enjoying some of the heavy Metallurgy and Let's Talk metal video content on Youtube. Special thanks to those of you who have left comments or joined the live chat for some of the streams.
I posted a comment to Summer emission, but it seems it vanished the instant I pressed "Enter".
Sorry that happened. YT's Coments can be pretty glitchy :(
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

If you've got a couple of hours to kill, today's episode on LET'S TALK METAL features me and Khnud talking about North American singles. Big thanks to Kristian for taking the time to film the episode with me, it was really fun chatting with him!
Links to several Corroseum pages are included in the show notes!

-Becky
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

"He's usually a bit more on the wrathful side, as gods go' :lol: :lol: :lol:
Great line! I nearly choked on a mouthful of tea.
So glad you guys were able to get together to make this. A very absorbing, informative & amusing to & fro from 2 of the most knowledgable & articulate guys you could hope to meet. So many ultra-rare seldom seen items for us mere mortals to drool over in the show & tell section. :shock: I'm hoping that you'll do further dual explorations in this area as there is just so much to explore from this era. Golden shovel awards all round.
Thanks also for the kind words about ye olde blog & as always, you're very welcome/i'm so very sorry. I was just trying to spread some cool largely-unknown music that i enjoyed to a wider audience & had no idea that what i was doing would have any reach.
My sincere apologies to your significant others, children & bank managers. :D
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

That's right 'kit, this is all your fault LOL
Thanks for the kind words and glad you enjoyed the video!
Note- if anyone is wondering why we didn't use peoples' names during the conversation, it's because I try to avoid doing so in videos because some people do not want to be called out that way. I'd rather err on the side of letting folks remain anonymous whenever possible.
-Becky
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I enjoyed this new episode quite a lot. I am annoyed to still be missing some of the selections. Especially one of them is in my top wants still after all these decades! Left a comment on the episode but it never appeared, so I'm commenting again.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Thank you all for the kind words. I just want to repeat how incredibly hard it was to choose between all these great 45s to show on the air. I literally had to choose between hundreds of releases, and I’m sure Alan had the same issues. Who knows, perhaps there will be a volume 2 in the future. Until then, please enjoy the reviews, more will come shortly. I just bought a completely unknown 45 which sounds quite a lot like “Somewhere Up In The Mountains” by MARQUIS DE SADE. 😏
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Oh so you ARE featuring non-YT-celebs on your channel, Alan?? I'm experiencing severe pangs of exclusion :cry:
Joking aside this is a really cool deep-dive into the/our Metal-collector-nerd mindset. So many recognizable tangents, and I'm only half-way through the clip :)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

First album I thought of when you got to the "I REALLY want to fool myself into thinking it's great because I overpaid for it"-section: https://thecorroseum.org/rev/shelder.php
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:25 pm First album I thought of when you got to the "I REALLY want to fool myself into thinking it's great because I overpaid for it"-section: https://thecorroseum.org/rev/shelder.php
I think that's one of your best reviews DaN, i'd read it before but it still made me laugh out loud at points.
Am i alone in thinking that the figure in the centre of the LP cover may have been based on the fella from Manilla Road's 'Mark Of The Beast' cover art (by Jim Fitzpatrick)? Not a straight copy by any means, more like an adaptation or inspiration, but the stance & proportions made me think of 'M.O.T.B.' straight away tonight.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Folks may be interested in the live stream on Heavy Metallurgy coming up on Friday Sep 15:

-Becky
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

nightsblood wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:00 am Folks may be interested in the live stream on Heavy Metallurgy coming up on Friday Sep 15:

YT premier nerves! :|
Napping now and setting the alarm clock to 2:30... Give me Prayers Of Steel :oops: