GOOD YouTube channels?

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Nicko McBuff

Re: GOOD YouTube channels?

Post by Nicko McBuff »

All for Youtube, but the thing that makes me cringe the most is the constant begging for "like and subscribe". If I like it I'll do it, otherwise fuck off. 8)
Andika

Post by Andika »

I dont know if recommending our own youtube channel can be konsidered as good or bad. but heres my youtube channel, I do reviews and infographic for malaysian 80s to early 90s heavy metal / extreme metal bands and scene, but of course its in malay, even so some videos i put english subtitle for broader view, u can check it out :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDM5pW ... HYoTOhWJBw

Heres one with english subtitle, for anyone interested to know about malaysian early extreme metal scene (1984-1990) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxso6CPQWU0&t=16s
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Finally came around to adding the most essential YT channels to a new section in the LINKS-dept:

https://thecorroseum.org/links/index.php#youtube

More/new tips are always appreciated. For the moment I won't list pure upload-channels since great as they may be, you'll run into those anyways while searching the songs/artists.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Folks might enjoy HEAVY METALLURGY episode #84 (Friday, Dec 9, 2022). It talks about oddball collectibles and holy grails. 'Holy Grail' was defined differently by some of the folks, so many of the items are just cool things it took the a long time to find rather than $10,000 one-of-a-kind type items. Still some neat items shown during the stream:

"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

nightsblood wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:48 pm Folks might enjoy HEAVY METALLURGY episode #84 (Friday, Dec 9, 2022). It talks about oddball collectibles and holy grails. 'Holy Grail' was defined differently by some of the folks, so many of the items are just cool things it took the a long time to find rather than $10,000 one-of-a-kind type items. Still some neat items shown during the stream.
Dammit Alan, I thought i'd watch a half hour of this then get on with some domestic stuff i'd been putting off & now it's 3 hours later and i'm still sat here ooh-ing & ahh-ing. And there's still another 1 and a half hours of this to watch!? Thank you/curse you in equal measure. :D
As an early xmas gift here's a screencap i grabbed of the moment when your guest held up one of his grail items at just the right distance & angle to make it look as if his head belonged on the torso on the cover of the 1st X Japan LP.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Apologies to lazerrus.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

nightsblood wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:48 pm Folks might enjoy HEAVY METALLURGY episode #84 (Friday, Dec 9, 2022). It talks about oddball collectibles and holy grails. 'Holy Grail' was defined differently by some of the folks, so many of the items are just cool things it took the a long time to find rather than $10,000 one-of-a-kind type items. Still some neat items shown during the stream:

...and I had made such great, productive plans this weekend - all ruined! :evil:
Seriously though, this was another unpausable (yes, that's a word now) piece of content from the YT True Steel elite. Too many familiar moments to mention.. I'm still tempted to start a crappy Corroseum YT channel just so I'll have an excuse to invite myself to future sessions.

Btw, maybe the Lazerrus guy could solve the mystery of this odd "Deliver Us" version once and for all?
https://www.popsike.com/Warlord-Deliver ... 17841.html

..oh and as always thanx for the Corro-plugs, Alan!

..and also :lol: :lol: for kit's perfect screengrab. A meme waiting to happen.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Accidental double post. Please delete. :oops:
Last edited by bigfootkit on Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:07 am :lol: :lol: for kit's perfect screengrab. A meme waiting to happen.
I can't take all the credit, it's Alan & Marty's facial 'reactions' that really make it funny.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

DaN wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:07 am

Btw, maybe the Lazerrus guy could solve the mystery of this odd "Deliver Us" version once and for all?
https://www.popsike.com/Warlord-Deliver ... 17841.html

Do you mean the "lyric" insert? No mystery. Or is it the color of the label?

deliver.jpg
deliver.jpg (35.55 KiB) Viewed 2422 times
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

doomedplanet wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:03 pm Do you mean the "lyric" insert? No mystery. Or is it the color of the label?
I was referring to the inverted colors of the label. Only pic I ever saw out of dozens of regular ones when I was doing some heavy MBR-research for the site a few years ago..
humus

Post by humus »

Marty worm is the guy that did Worm gear zine? I still have a few of those.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Kit- that screen grab..... timing is everything! LOL

DaN- I'll ask Duane about the Warlord labels and let you know if he has any input.

Humus- Yes, Marty Worm used to do Worm Gear zine. He also wrote for Metal Maniacs around the turn of the century. He currently runs Bindrune Records (atmospheric black metal label; Panopticon is the best known band on the label) and he plays guitar in THE GLORIOUS DEAD (oldschool death metal band).

Glad folks enjoyed the episode. Here are a couple of other episodes that may appeal to folks hereabouts. #67 features Aaron, who haunts the corroseum from time to time. Apologies if I posted links to either of these episodes previously.

"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

A dad who collected "Crimson Ghost" reels!?!? :shock:
Never in my life have I felt so underprivileged :cry:
No-one in my close family had any reasonable music- or sub-cultural connections what so ever, bar the odd Kiss-fan uncle...

*continues watching :shock: *

Edit:
Alan's heartwarming rant on his dad = our offspring's rant on us a few decades from now, we hope.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Many thanks to Rob for flagging up that Alan's posted the promised video about Metal 45s that was partly inspired by a debate we had recently on this here website. For the sake of Khnud's sanity i thought it best to repost that link in this thread so that the US Metal 45s thread doesn't get further derailed by any more off-topic chatter that the video may geenerate. Another mighty fine watch from Mr Nightsblood:

Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Just a reminder: yesterday Alan and co. had another interesting debate.

I am ... the One you warned me of