HELL

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
otakon

Post by otakon »

Black Axe wrote:Oh god no. Please do not let this happen. Unless they can travel back in time and resurrect Dave.
or possibly worse, Andy Sneap's production!
DMR

Post by DMR »

Ugh. I don't like the idea of re-recording Hell material either. Especially since it will result in the box set being further delayed!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I won't buy re-recorded HELL material. Period.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

BAD NEWS indeed :x don't they realize that the only thing people want is the HELL box. Plus I try to avoid Andy Sneap productions like malignant diseases...
Long Live The Loud !!!
boris

Post by boris »

Didn't expect such a negative reaction to this. Of course it would've been better if Dave was amongst the living and singing again, but these guys are really excited about this, and that's what they want to do at this point.
Don't know why everyone hates Andy so much, I just hope he does a good job on this and that's all.
Kev would like to see "a compilation of the best of the old and new stuff out at some point" regarding my question about the Miskatonic project's future.

By the way, this week they've found a recording no one heard for about 10 years, with an unknown song "Guilty as Charged".
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

I would never like to see a compilation of the best new and old stuff.

I would like to see the boxset next year. They can worry about new stuff noone else but them cares about later.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Black Axe wrote:I would never like to see a compilation of the best new and old stuff.

I would like to see the boxset next year. They can worry about new stuff noone else but them cares about later.
Indeed!! First the boxset with all the old stuff and after that the new stuff, could be ok, don't know

I don't hate Andy, I hate his clean, modern production jobs.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

As long as we're getting the old recordings...... :wink:
DMR

Post by DMR »

It just seems like a really bad idea to reform a band whose most important member is dead. Imagine if Lemmy died and Motorhead tried to keep going without him. That would be ridiculous! I wouldn't be so against this if it wasn't interfering with the release of the box set.
Keir

Post by Keir »

Yeah, I wish they would just release the box set first. Then they can do whatever they want!
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

DMR wrote:It just seems like a really bad idea to reform a band whose most important member is dead. Imagine if Lemmy died and Motorhead tried to keep going without him. That would be ridiculous! I wouldn't be so against this if it wasn't interfering with the release of the box set.
Imagine if Phil Lynott died, and Thin Lizzy reformed without him... :evil:
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

great_knuthulhu wrote:
DMR wrote:It just seems like a really bad idea to reform a band whose most important member is dead. Imagine if Lemmy died and Motorhead tried to keep going without him. That would be ridiculous! I wouldn't be so against this if it wasn't interfering with the release of the box set.
Imagine if Phil Lynott died, and Thin Lizzy reformed without him... :evil:
But they're not so stupid to record new material.
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

I somehow feel it's a possibility they might, They've been getting a little too comfortable playing live over the past few years.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Nightlock wrote:I somehow feel it's a possibility they might, They've been getting a little too comfortable playing live over the past few years.
They have always said they will never record a new album without Phil. And they won't 'cause they would get killed by the Lizzy fans.

They are the official tribute band, nothing more, anymore.
boris

Post by boris »

Rich Walker has placed a statement on the Miskatonic forum regarding the future of the Hell, DA and Scarab releases. He supports what Hell are doing right now on the way to a new album, and hopes, as well as me, that a collection of the archived material will be possible sometime in the future.

Either way, right now the band spands a lot of time in the studio and rehearsal room getting it all together. From what I've heard so far the result is absolutely crushing !
The vocals used will be part Kev's, part Dave's original recordings and part a third vocalist from what I've been told.