HELL

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Keir

HELL

Post by Keir »

Does anyone know what is happening with Miskatonic's Hell compilation? I've been anticipating it for a year now, and I'm sure others have been waiting much longer.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The DESOLATION ANGELS box is amost finished as far as I know, after that Richard promised to start working on the HELL box. I think a new addition to the Walker family a while back might have something to do w/ the delay :wink:
mordred

Post by mordred »

It would be realistic to believe that the HELL box will be out maybe two years from now... After all, the Desolation Angels box were supposed to be out early 2005, and it's still "almost ready". These things aren't made in the blink of an eye.

I for one wish that Rich Walker had rather focused on recording the two remaining ISEN TORR EP's and then roll on the fourth SOLSTICE album. As cool as a HELL box set would be, I prefer new smashing metal over old chestnuts in fancy packaging.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
steelegacy

Post by steelegacy »

Cant wait for that release...one of my best fromtaht movement!!!!please hurry!!!!
DMR

Post by DMR »

mordred wrote:It would be realistic to believe that the HELL box will be out maybe two years from now... After all, the Desolation Angels box were supposed to be out early 2005, and it's still "almost ready". These things aren't made in the blink of an eye.

I for one wish that Rich Walker had rather focused on recording the two remaining ISEN TORR EP's and then roll on the fourth SOLSTICE album. As cool as a HELL box set would be, I prefer new smashing metal over old chestnuts in fancy packaging.
I've only heard the two songs from their single, so when the box set comes out, it will be new smashing metal for me. I can hardly wait!
LuciferSteele

Post by LuciferSteele »

mordred wrote:fourth SOLSTICE album
nuff said
FINAL AXE
TYRANT
CROSS
ZIONS ABYSS
STEEL PROPHET
SALEM SPADE
KINGS RANSOM
and the story continues...
www.steel-legacy.com
humus

Post by humus »

While everybody and their mothers praise their single as diviner-than-god-himself, I don't like it. Not even an 'ok'-single, really don't like it.
This made me think that I might have gotten something mislabelled, so if anybody wants to upload it.
steelegacy

Post by steelegacy »

HELL demo tracks are way better than the single
LuciferSteele

Post by LuciferSteele »

steelegacy wrote:HELL demo tracks are way better than the single
i second that
FINAL AXE
TYRANT
CROSS
ZIONS ABYSS
STEEL PROPHET
SALEM SPADE
KINGS RANSOM
and the story continues...
www.steel-legacy.com
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

I do have some HELL demo stuff, which is great, but a lot of recording Ive gotten sound really bad (like one rip of the "Scheming Demons" rehearsal). I heard from Jay Robohn a few months ago that he was contacted by someone with a copy of the rehearsal that sounds perfect. I havent heard from Jay in a long time, and I dont know who it was he was contacted by. Does anyone here have this rip or know someone that does? Id really like to hear this, especially because I havent heard so many of the songs.
Pestkrieg

Post by Pestkrieg »

The Hell single is great, and the music on the S/T demo is great, but the vocals annoy me a little at times - am I the only one? Only heard those two releases by the band.
Gabhair

Post by Gabhair »

Been up on Good Bad Music for a while.

Pretty good site. Mainly Punk and Old HC, but theres some quality metal on it too

http://www.goodbadmusic.com/2007/06/21/ ... n-uk-1983/
steelegacy

Post by steelegacy »

can anyone remind me in which demo the "Judas" track of Hell is included?i just thought of this song how great it is and to be honest i dont have that song on any Hell demos (maybe i miss one of their demos) but i have heard this from a live show of the band ...the performance thrills you,a very theatrical performance with men walking half naked having themselves tortured with whips...haunting screams and then the song!!excellent song!!!
boris

Post by boris »

HELL NEWS / INFO :

From an email I got from Kev Bower (Hell guitarist) :

1. The boxset will probably be postponed due to a Hell project they are working on together with Andy Sneap. We're talking about NEW recordings of about 6 Hell / RAT songs. The work is in progress as we speak (I've heard a proof of this!). Can't reveal any more right now because they're not sure about it yet. Another reason are some serious personal problems from the last year.

2. Regarding all the mix ups with the recordings and to answer previous questions from this thread - Hell has a massive archive of recorded material, most of it rehearsals, which is located at Andy Sneap's house. Everything we have are just random rehearsal tapes, not intended demos. They probably got out because they were given to some fans or friends at some point to have a listen to. The only real demo I know of is Square Dance which got the Mausoleum contract. No demo was ever called Scheming Demons as far as Kev can remember, it's just one of many random tapes. The demo you all know as the self titled demo with the crappy sound was actually recorded at a very high quality (I have 3 excellent songs from this session) and I believe it might be the Square Dance session, not sure though. the 2 track demo is just a part of an early 1982-1983 rehearsal. The 1986 'demo' is some late 1985-1986 rehearsal, probably without Kev Bower (maybe with Sean Kellen). As for the song Judas, it was recorded at the Save Us... session. The video tape (Deathsquad clip + live footage) was something Dave compiled to promote himself after the disbanded. I think that's all I have for now.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

boris wrote:HELL NEWS / INFO :

From an email I got from Kev Bower (Hell guitarist) :

1. The boxset will probably be postponed due to a Hell project they are working on together with Andy Sneap. We're talking about NEW recordings of about 6 Hell / RAT songs. The work is in progress as we speak (I've heard a proof of this!). Can't reveal any more right now because they're not sure about it yet. Another reason are some serious personal problems from the last year.
Oh god no. Please do not let this happen. Unless they can travel back in time and resurrect Dave.