HELL

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

you think guys i will find the digipak version at the nuclear ass stand at Hell Fest?
Heavy

Post by Heavy »

Well if you're looking for a cheaper way - some ebay sellers have been offering the 2CD jewel case version on ebay - for about 12€ (w. shipping to Mexico). The digipack is being sold for 18€ or more here in 'Yurp'.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HELL-Human-Remain-2 ... 588e4c4ee4
quietus

Post by quietus »

Godamn if this dont rule!!
MEXDefenderOfSteel

its pretty funny how the new wave of hell fan boys start bashing you when you "dare" to critizice the production or the new keyboards in evey place where you can leave comments about the band...whats with all these fans hiding until now? :lol:
mordred

Post by mordred »

Yes, all these new "fans" should tremble before the majesty and wisdom of the true internet metal masters who have been preaching the glorious gospel of HELL ever since finding a bunch of shitty mp3's on a blog way back in 2005!
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
GJ

Post by GJ »

:D
MEXDefenderOfSteel

mordred wrote:Yes, all these new "fans" should tremble before the majesty and wisdom of the true internet metal masters who have been preaching the glorious gospel of HELL ever since finding a bunch of shitty mp3's on a blog way back in 2005!
should i take that also as a negative reaction of whether i like or not the new Hell production?
gosh i hate true internet metal masters
mordred

Post by mordred »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
mordred wrote:Yes, all these new "fans" should tremble before the majesty and wisdom of the true internet metal masters who have been preaching the glorious gospel of HELL ever since finding a bunch of shitty mp3's on a blog way back in 2005!
should i take that also as a negative reaction of whether i like or not the new Hell production?
gosh i hate true internet metal masters
Not really (though I personally love every aspect of the album). Just trying to provide a sound perspective. None of us have been listening to Hell since the 80's, Hell is a relatively new phenomenon even in underground/collector circles and I see no need to make a distinction between people that have discovered the band now with the album and people who have been listening to the old demos for a couple of years. It's only natural people are discovering them now, it's not like they have been around releasing albums and playing shows for years and nobody paid any attention to them until now.

Maybe all their new fans aren't clueless posers who don't know metal ... just sayin'.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

mordred wrote:Maybe all their new fans aren't clueless posers who don't know metal ... just sayin'.
As long as they can tell WASP from real metal than they're okay in my book.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Finally I dare to admit I first heard Iron Maiden in the late summer of 1982... Killers and The Number of the Beast on the same day though.
FuneralCircle

Post by FuneralCircle »

Why should that matter? Production is such a weak reason to hate everything about an album. As for the HELL album, arguably the production couldn't really get any more standard.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

GJ wrote:Finally I dare to admit I first heard Iron Maiden in the late summer of 1982... Killers and The Number of the Beast on the same day though.
Hah, beat you to it :D Remember we were waiting for The Number... to come out and thought it took ages. Seeing as we were about ten, it probably was a few weeks.

About the new Hell; I actually can't decide which versions I like the more: the new recordings or the old demos. Never thought it would come to that :lol: It's actually a brilliant record. I'm looking forward to next thing they'll do.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Jens

Post by Jens »

I wasn't convinced after seeing the videoclip, thought it was horrible.
But happy I bought the album anyway (partially thanks to the advice of incredibly old people like Knuthulhu). It's massive !
Divine Victim

Post by Divine Victim »

Jens wrote:I wasn't convinced after seeing the videoclip, thought it was horrible.
Musically or visually? Because I agree that to some extent their look has an unfortunate similarity to Cradle of Filth etc. etc. these days, even if they set the precedent themselves.

I actually quite enjoy that video though, despite the modern production values - the vocalist in particular gives a really powerful performance.
Jens

Post by Jens »

Divine Victim wrote:
Jens wrote:I wasn't convinced after seeing the videoclip, thought it was horrible.
Musically or visually? Because I agree that to some extent their look has an unfortunate similarity to Cradle of Filth etc. etc. these days, even if they set the precedent themselves.

I actually quite enjoy that video though, despite the modern production values - the vocalist in particular gives a really powerful performance.
Visually, and since I had to listen to it through notebook speakers I couldn't focus on the audio either.

While the live videos looked convincing (the 'act'), it looked to me like they were trying really hard in the videoclip. Cringeworthy.

But the album's huge, let's focus on that!