ATLANTEAN KODEX Course of Empires

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
nightsblood

ATLANTEAN KODEX Course of Empires

Post by nightsblood »

Why don't I see a thread for this yet?
As my favorite band of this millennium, I'm gonna let others discuss this before I ramble on forever about it. Also, it's late and I'm sick, so this has to wait for another day. But let's at least get this Ouroboros rolling....
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
GulliverFoyle

Re: ATLANTEAN KODEX Course of Empires

Post by GulliverFoyle »

I have some stuff from them and pagan altar to trade. :D
Another lonely night, another no name town
it starts to look the same, it starts to bring me down
so many promises you knew I'd never keep
I'll make it up to you, baby, don't give up on me
mordred

Post by mordred »

I don't recall there were many fans here even in the forum's heyday. Atlantean Kodex is a "new" band and people just don't care.

But aye, awe inspiring album. Release of the year for sure and, for me, the best metal album since Procession's "To Reap Heavens Apart" in 2013.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

mordred wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:19 am I don't recall there were many fans here even in the forum's heyday. Atlantean Kodex is a "new" band and people just don't care.

But aye, awe inspiring album. Release of the year for sure and, for me, the best metal album since Procession's "To Reap Heavens Apart" in 2013.
Strange then, that it didn't make your "best of the decade"-list.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
mordred

Post by mordred »

Khnud wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:37 pm
mordred wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:19 am I don't recall there were many fans here even in the forum's heyday. Atlantean Kodex is a "new" band and people just don't care.

Strange then, that it didn't make your "best of the decade"-list.
That was because there was another Atlantean Kodex album in the list.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

I loved their EP when it was released. Later, I couldn't feel equally moved and related with their full length albums (though they were actually good), but I believe that their latest effort is indeed their best album to date. It will definitely make it to my top 5 list for 2019 (along with Mystik, amongst the others).
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

got the new album 3 days ago....after a couple of spins, I really like it more than "The White Goddess". "Lion Of Chaldea" and "Chariots" are really superb tracks!
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Quick reply: I really love the new album, perhaps even more than 'The White Goddess'. the new one feels more complete somehow, though it may just be due to the longer track list. Regardless, AK is still my most favorite band of this New Iron Age.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I've finally come around to listen to it. It feels kinda weird to brush off a record sounding like a mix of Bathory and Manowar, but I found it rather bland. The style is great, but the songs themselves are just... lacking. Unsure of what they're lacking at the moment.

It might just be due to the mood I've been in for the last weeks. It might grow on me with a few listens. I don't know. But right now I'm not impressed at all.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Big fan of their first release "The Pnakotic Demos", also saw them at KIT in 2009 but I found their recordings are more interesting than the live act.

I heard half of the new album and I found it great! same formula but way more detailed