Keep It True 2023 (formerly known as "KIT 2020")

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Khnud

Re: Keep It True 2023 (formerly known as "KIT 2020")

Post by Khnud »

malegys wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:38 pm
Khnud wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:41 pm The Market might be thin this year.
Unlike most of the audience :-D
Hey, don't look at me, I'm still skinny as fuck. :?
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Khnud wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:00 pm
Khnud wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:41 pm The Market might be thin this year.
I can confirm this. Khnud is Slenderman in human form.

Instead of the long band-by-band review (because lazy) I'll just post The Highlight here:

...including the shortie, balding, Кредо-T-shirt-wearing aDmiNistructor having a religious breakdown in the front row.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

DaN wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:13 pm I can confirm this. Khnud is Slenderman in human form.
I prefer "Khnud Ramone", thank you very much. At least I still look reasonably young at 45 years old. :mrgreen:

Seen here with Mr. Fjump and Nwobhm Gary, as he's called on Facebook, not sure if he's a registered member here.
Attachments
slenderman.jpg
slenderman.jpg (127.5 KiB) Viewed 3040 times
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
MercenaryÖfMetal

Post by MercenaryÖfMetal »

DaN wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:13 pm
Khnud wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:00 pm

I can confirm this. Khnud is Slenderman in human form.

Instead of the long band-by-band review (because lazy) I'll just post The Highlight here:

...including the shortie, balding, Кредо-T-shirt-wearing aDmiNistructor having a religious breakdown in the front row.
Definitely agree with the highlight!. It was incredible that before it, was Trespass and then Messian Force
3 bands in a row that crushed. The best.

I was the crazy one also enjoying almost in the front row with tröjan shirt :)
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

MercenaryÖfMetal wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:30 am I was the crazy one also enjoying almost in the front row with tröjan shirt :)
Yes! I saw you in that shirt. Funny thing is that Tröjan in Swedish literally means "The Shirt".
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Khnud wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 11:13 am Funny thing is that Tröjan in Swedish literally means "The Shirt".
That is fantastic. :lol: :lol:
So what is the secret of your time-defying svelteness Khnud? Pact with Satan? Tapeworm? :lol:
I was always fairly slim, but over the last ten years i'm packing extra balast round my middle courtesy of the slowing metabolism or 'middle age spread'. As a vegetarian for 30+ years and a teetotaller since the mid-90s there's nothing else i can realistically cut out. As exercise holds no appeal i guess i'm stuck with my new shape and it's probably time to retire a few old band shirts for the sake of decency.
Something for all you waifish youngsters on the forum to look forward to. :D
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

bigfootkit wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 5:29 am So what is the secret of your time-defying svelteness Khnud? Pact with Satan? Tapeworm? :lol:
Genetics, most likely. 189 cm and around 70 kilograms, since 1993.
No grey hairs yet, my wife is quite jealous. :-)
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Khnud wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:42 am No grey hairs yet, my wife is quite jealous. :-)
Oh, you really shouldn't have said that, you've gone & tempted fate now. :D
I was taken aback by how quickly it took place. Over 6-9 months last year i went from having dark hair with the odd stray gray to it being almost entirely white with the only dark hair left being at the nape of the neck. I don't mind the hair too much, but the bright white sideburns freak me right out. :shock:
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

bigfootkit wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 5:29 amSo what is the secret of your time-defying svelteness Khnud? Pact with Satan? Tapeworm? :lol:
I was always fairly slim, but over the last ten years i'm packing extra balast round my middle courtesy of the slowing metabolism or 'middle age spread'. As a vegetarian for 30+ years and a teetotaller since the mid-90s there's nothing else i can realistically cut out. As exercise holds no appeal i guess i'm stuck with my new shape and it's probably time to retire a few old band shirts for the sake of decency.
Graham, you shouldn't ponder cutting but replacing, if possible. In my experience, the challenge are the products that contain gluten, as it seems to have nasty characteristic of gluing fats everywhere where there's not their place to be. That sez guy with 15+ years of battle with gluten intolerance, and believe me, he looks like he's hosting a tapeworm. Try to replace the usual bakery and pasta with non-glutenous products step by step, and some gym would do the thing, slowly.
I am ... the One you warned me of
malegys

Post by malegys »

Noisenik wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:38 pm
bigfootkit wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 5:29 amSo what is the secret of your time-defying svelteness Khnud? Pact with Satan? Tapeworm? :lol:
Graham, you shouldn't ponder cutting but replacing, if possible. In my experience, the challenge are the products that contain gluten, as it seems to have nasty characteristic of gluing fats everywhere where there's not their place to be. That sez guy with 15+ years of battle with gluten intolerance, and believe me, he looks like he's hosting a tapeworm. Try to replace the usual bakery and pasta with non-glutenous products step by step, and some gym would do the thing, slowly.
I concur, cut out all carbs if you can & "normal" sugar ofcourse. Stick to healthy proteins (beef (grass fed), organic salmon,Sashimi, tuna, organic Chicken/Turkey), if veggie/Vegan, try & use organic whole foods as much as poss. For fats, use (organic) Coconut butter/oil, advocados, Cashew nuts. Also lemon juice &/or apple cider vinegar in warm/hot water really helps too. Keep an eye on your caffeine intake aswell. But black coffee (before 4pm) & Herbal teas are grand. Good luck.
"Do you like Wenom?"
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

malegys wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:03 am
Noisenik wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:38 pm
I appreciate the concern & advice fellas, that was nice of you both. I will try & look into some of the things you talked about just from a general health point of view, but i'm honestly not that concerned at carrying a few extra pounds. I'm not very vain and at 53 i figure it just goes with the territory. I think the kids nowadays call that 'body positivity', but in my case it's more of a fatalist/realist/lazy combo. If 'the body is a temple' then mine's a ruin that's been overtaken by vines and monkeys. :lol:
I'd actually tried a bunch of gluten-free things a while back purely because they were veggie & noticed an immediate improvement in my digestion & i shed a little weight too, but the nearest supermarket stopped carrying that whole line of dishes almost as soon as i'd discovered them. Infuriating timing. I must check out some of the other local supermarkets now i'm reminded of how much i enjoyed that stuff.
Sorry to hear you suffer from gluten intolerance Nenad, i know a few people who have it or related conditions like Crohns disease & Irritable Bowel Syndrome and have seen what a struggle it can be for them. I know there's a bit of a strange fad at the moment for people to claim they have a gluten problem for some reason, (which in turn causes a lot of other people to dismiss it as if it were a 'made up' affliction), but i've sympathy aplenty for those who genuinely do suffer from it. Hope you're able to manage it effectively & the episodes are few & far between.
To get back on-topic i watched Cirith Ungol's epic set from KIT on YT the other night and really enjoyed it. I'm blown away by how well they've been able to awaken the olde beast from it's slumber as if no time has passed.
Tim's singing so great & i love his odd but endearing bopping about during the instrumental sections. The Lindstrom/Barraza guitar team keeps getting better & better & Robert looks like he's having a ball beating his kit into submission.
Impressive how they keep changing up the set list too rather than playing it safe with a greatest hits selection, though the absence of 'Finger Of Scorn' did disappoint a little. The newer material fits in seamlessly, though playing 3 or 4 from 'Forever Black' back to back seemed a bit of an odd choice. Would have been nice to hear 'The Fire Divine' or 'Witches Game' played live too, but maybe they'll feature in future sets.
Hopefully they'll get the chance to get out & do some proper touring this time when their new LP drops in October, the new song they previewed at KIT sounded really good so i'm really looking forward to getting the album.

Khnud

Post by Khnud »

That scream at the end of "King of the Dead". :shock: How the hell can Tim still sound like that?! Amazing!
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Khnud wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:30 pm That scream at the end of "King of the Dead". :shock: How the hell can Tim still sound like that?! Amazing!
Absolutely. Tim's voice was an incredible & unique sound when he was a young man, but if anything, it actually sounds stronger now than before. Happily, almost eveything about CU defies conventional logic.