Keep It True 2023 (formerly known as "KIT 2020")

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Khnud

Re: Keep It True 2020

Post by Khnud »

KIT is postponed until 20-22 August.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Sadly, won't be able to make it in August, so I have a ticket for sale of somebody needs one.
humus

Post by humus »

I'll also have to sell my ticket, same weekend as Metal Méan.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I suggest holding on to them for now. There's no way of knowing if the corona crisis is over in August. Read the Imperial College report (the one that made Boris Johnson change his mind), they suggest a lockdown until a vaccine is in effect, which might take up to 18 months.

Don't want to sound like a drag, but it looks we're in this for a loong time. Keep calm and carry on, wash your hands and stay home if you're sick.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
humus

Post by humus »

Holding on is the only thing you can do at the moment, can't imagine anyone buying a ticket at this moment with so much uncertainty going on.

This will for sure take longer than a few weeks, but on the other hand there's no way they can extend a lockdown to 18 months. And I'm not even speaking from an economic viewpoint, just the general mental health of your population...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I suppose we might as well resurrect this thread, 'cause KIT 2020 is basically KIT 2023. :-)

Who's coming?
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Pavlos

Post by Pavlos »

I'm ready.......INTO BATTLE!!
humus

Post by humus »

humus wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:29 amThis will for sure take longer than a few weeks, but on the other hand there's no way they can extend a lockdown to 18 months. And I'm not even speaking from an economic viewpoint, just the general mental health of your population...
Well these words from 2020 are strange to read again...
Still have my ticket but not going anymore. Cancellation of Sabbat doesn't make it worth the trip anymore.
msp

Post by msp »

I'll be there. Arriving Wednesday afternoon but I don't have a ticket for the warm up. Will go for a nice dinner instead in Bad Mergentheim.
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

msp wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:14 pm I'll be there. Arriving Wednesday afternoon but I don't have a ticket for the warm up. Will go for a nice dinner instead in Bad Mergentheim.
I definitely owe you a beer, once we meet up!
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
malegys

Post by malegys »

Nothing like watching 65 year olds on stage pretending it's still 1984 :-D . I only went to KIT once & that was in 2005 & seeing those old bands (even 18 years ago) was painful & cringe-worthy to see. Reminded me a little too much of those 1970s- 1980s re-united pop bands (the Golden oldies ! ) playing the Nostaligia circuit. To have to witness the beloved HM subculture do the same was a sad eye opener.
"Do you like Wenom?"
DaN
Administructor

Re: Keep It True 2023 (formerly known as "KIT 2020")

Post by DaN »

Got all 3 tickets sorted out and took out a vacation for the whole week, so Armed & Ready! ..with Mordred and Stefan M in tow. Our Umeå friends might bail this year though :(
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

I'll be there! Only Friday and Saturday i think.
I am not too excited by the Lineup, i will probably pass a lot of time at the record fair and at the soccer ground.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

malegys wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:54 pm Nothing like watching 65 year olds on stage pretending it's still 1984 :-D . I only went to KIT once & that was in 2005 & seeing those old bands (even 18 years ago) was painful & cringe-worthy to see. Reminded me a little too much of those 1970s- 1980s re-united pop bands (the Golden oldies ! ) playing the Nostaligia circuit. To have to witness the beloved HM subculture do the same was a sad eye opener.
I hear what you're saying & it's hard to refute your points but regardless, that was hard to read. Unless time travel becomes a reality these type of events are often the only way to see these bands play live & whilst we'd likely all prefer to have done so when they (& we) were at our young vibrant peak, this is the next best thing. They put smiles on faces, get the community together & play a part in driving a lot of those vintage re-releases by proving the audience for them still exists, all undeniable positives even if you never personally go to KIT again.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

DaN wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:44 pm Got all 3 tickets sorted out and took out a vacation for the whole week, so Armed & Ready! ..with Mordred and Stefan M in tow. Our Umeå friends might bail this year though :(
So I've heard, too bad they can't make it. But make sure they sell those Wednesday warm up show tickets to my travel companions!
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight