The new BLACK HOLE album ("Evil In The Dark")

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
DaN
Administructor

The new BLACK HOLE album ("Evil In The Dark")

Post by DaN »

blackhole3.jpg
blackhole3.jpg (42.65 KiB) Viewed 5584 times
Apparently it was released by Andromeda Relix already a month ago. I don't know if I dare listen to it... What if it's as horrible as "Living Mask"!? Anyone heard it? Should or shouldn't I?
msp

Re: The new BLACK HOLE album ("Evil In The Dark")

Post by msp »

The teaser on youtube really gives an indication... :roll:
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

"Living Mask" is great! Not the same as the classic but still cool.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I really need to hear this one out. Hopefully it'll be in the same vein and quality as Living Mask (to expect another Land of Mystery would be delusional).
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I always thought "Land Of Mystery" belonged to the "Special Metal" categorization only featured on The Corroseum.

Far too many ideas, confused progressions and 70's tinged influences thrown together on this one.

Definitely not my cup of tea.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Avenger wrote:I always thought "Land Of Mystery" belonged to the "Special Metal" categorization only featured on The Corroseum.

Far too many ideas, confused progressions and 70's tinged influences thrown together on this one.

Definitely not my cup of tea.
Well, the thing is that all the things thrown together in Black Hole's albums are things I really like so it's just perfect for me. Even Living Mask, that ditched most of its 70s prog rock influences and went for a more minimalistic/ambient thing is great for me but it's certainly a very peculiar one and not one I'd recomment to just anybody.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Well, I just "previewed" some tracks here https://www.deezer.com/en/artist/1022174 and I'd like to think there's some sort of glitch there or something, because it sounds like Wheelz of Steel kinda awful. Almost as if all the parts of the tracks were mixed off tempo by somebody who didn't even bothered to listen to it before releasing it. If this is really how the album sounds like, I can't believe it got a legit release.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

So, the album was posted complete on youtube and it's as fucking terrible as I feared. I can't believe this got a legitimate release and even positive reviews. I feel like I must be living in some sort of parallel reality because this is in the level of Wheelz of Steel, but without any of the charm of people in wheelchairs. Because of the terrible synthethic sound of the drums and guitars one might be tempted to compare it with the legendary Metal Enterprises sophomore records, but those were done by people that at least had read the instructions leaflet on how to use a drum machine and a synth.
If Mr. Measles got his nick for health reasons, that maybe would explain how his general grasp of the most basic aspects of musical performance have gotten worse and worse with the passage of the years. His poor handling of the rhythmic section (quite surprising for a bass player) was already quite apparent in Living Mask but while that album successfully rode the thin line between ineptitude and unorthodoxy as most enjoyable of the so called "outsider artists" do, this one is just completely off the rails. You can tell that underlying all the absolute dreadful nonsense that got pressed onto disc there's material to make up for songs that could live up to the band's reputation, but without any proper musicians to show him how music is actually done and apparently surrounded by a bunch of yes men (or just people who don't give a shit) the result is something that can't be excused in any shape of form. I couldn't even make it past the second track. Just stay away and do not pay a dime for this, it's a complete ripoff and an abuse of any fans with good faith that would like to support Measles because of his involvement in the legendary 80s output.
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

Wow

Have they been hanging out with John Cyriis?

At least DaN will have a new candidate for another Godawful Metal compilation!
mordred

Post by mordred »

Wow, this might be a more grossly failed attempt at not-sure-what than Mercy’s “Underground”!
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Razanez

Post by Razanez »

Nicko McBuff wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:57 am Wow

Have they been hanging out with John Cyriis?

At least DaN will have a new candidate for another Godawful Metal compilation!
Damn, this really is a tough cookie
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Nice to know I'm not alone. I've read so many reviews treating it as if it were proper music (and quite a few even being positive about it) that I thought I was losing my mind.