Rusted Metal (Book) & Heir Apparent - Graceful Inheritance

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
doomedplanet

Re: Rusted Metal (Book) & Heir Apparent - Graceful Inheritance

Post by doomedplanet »

Well I started this thread some time ago and can now report the book is at the printer according to James. 780 Pages!

he has started a Kickstarter for various stuff and I hope some few folks will read through this and support this project in some way:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nw ... sted-metal

If you choose not to click the link you can at least read this portion:

Risks and challenges:
"The Special Signed/Slipcased Hardcover Edition of RUSTED METAL is the only item at risk of not being produced. If nobody purchases it then none will be created. We already have the Trade Paperback Edition and E-Book editions in production and those will be produced and delivered regardless of the campaign results. As will be the LAKE HILLS REVISITED Compilation LP. Those are slated to be completed and on hand at the 2019 NWMF in Seattle, if all goes well, and also we plan to start shipping the rest out in mid-to-late March (except the special HC of Rusted Metal. That will take a bit longer to produce and we anticipate having it completed in May.) NW Metalworx Music has completed and fulfilled 6 albums to date with many happy customers. We could have just launched both the HC and the Lake Hills compilations through our website as usual, but we felt a campaign here would be a fun way to do a pre-order for both the book and album and also offer some very exclusive and limited items and rare collectibles."
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

This book is now out.

Today is the last day for the preorder price.

https://nwmetalworxmusic.com/collection ... worx-music

8 1/2 X 11 and 2 inches thick

904 pages. Over 600 bands. Interviews with bands, labels, venue owners. Concert listings, etc.

post of actual book soon. Epic read.
alien laserblast

Post by alien laserblast »

Thanks for the heads up! Been pumped to read this for a while..
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Would love to get a copy, but the shipping cost is killing me. I hope some European dealer/distro will order qty soon. Might have to ask James if there are any plans for that.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Khnud wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:10 pm Would love to get a copy, but the shipping cost is killing me. I hope some European dealer/distro will order qty soon.
I hit the same problem with their reissues of TKO & Whizkey Stik, i fancied both but it seems they're without Euro distribution.
I couldn't justify the cost of shipping from the U.S.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
GulliverFoyle

Post by GulliverFoyle »

With prices like these (I refuse/resist to pay more than 12-15 euro/dollars for a paperback) I'm thinking about getting my 1st e-book ever.

I wonder though if it's on pdf format, because I don't have a reader anymore (I used to have an old Chinese one bought for 30-35 euro, d/w tons of pdfs, did the job, but alas it was broken(actually I couldn't charge it anymore) and I couldn't find a cheap substitute. :x
Another lonely night, another no name town
it starts to look the same, it starts to bring me down
so many promises you knew I'd never keep
I'll make it up to you, baby, don't give up on me
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Khnud wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:10 pm Would love to get a copy, but the shipping cost is killing me. I hope some European dealer/distro will order qty soon. Might have to ask James if there are any plans for that.
German Amazone had it for sale. Got my copy there for a human postage rate. The book is huge, but with thin paper/cover, they didn't wrap it well at all. :evil: :!:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Prowler wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:35 pm
Khnud wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:10 pm Would love to get a copy, but the shipping cost is killing me. I hope some European dealer/distro will order qty soon. Might have to ask James if there are any plans for that.
German Amazone had it for sale. Got my copy there for a human postage rate. The book is huge, but with thin paper/cover, they didn't wrap it well at all. :evil: :!:
Waddayaknow, Amazon recently opened in Sweden and they still had their "free shipping" offer. So I snagged the last copy they had for sale. Thanks!
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
msp

Post by msp »

Snagged a copy off of Amazon UK for decent price. I am wondering though if this is one of those books that Amazon print and bind themselves?
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

msp wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:57 pm Snagged a copy off of Amazon UK for decent price. I am wondering though if this is one of those books that Amazon print and bind themselves?
Mine apparently came from "Lightning Books UK".
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Kostello

Post by Kostello »

Prowler wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:35 pm
Is the book the real thing or an Amazon printed and binded version?
I was looking to get it from Amazon.de, but instead of NW Metalworx Books, the publisher appears to be Indy Pub (despite having the same ISBN as the "original" book)
Thanks!
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

Today you can find copies in Amazon uk.
Also Underground Power will have copies in time!
I believe in the next days more and more European sellers will have copies and price will unfortunately be around 40€.
GulliverFoyle

Post by GulliverFoyle »

vasilis2112 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:05 pm Today you can find copies in Amazon uk.
I believe in the next days more and more European sellers will have copies and price will unfortunately be around 40€.

Do you know if the e-book is available on pdf format?
Another lonely night, another no name town
it starts to look the same, it starts to bring me down
so many promises you knew I'd never keep
I'll make it up to you, baby, don't give up on me
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

GulliverFoyle wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:10 pm
vasilis2112 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:05 pm Today you can find copies in Amazon uk.

Do you know if the e-book is available on pdf format?
Sorry my friend, I do not know.
But you can easily ask James the author himself. Use this email address: nwmetalworxmusic@gmail.com

I am covered since Helle will have copies.
Support independent heavy metal distros like Underground Power over Amazon!