Rusted Metal (Book) & Heir Apparent - Graceful Inheritance

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
nightsblood

Re: Rusted Metal (Book) & Heir Apparent - Graceful Inheritance

Post by nightsblood »

Sounds interesting. Been reading ore than listening lately (kids go to bed early, darn them!). Just finished "We Got The Neutron Bomb" (70s LA punk scene) and now working on "Rip It Up and Start Over" (the postpunk scene on both sides of The Pond).

Re: the Pacific NW term: I've never lived in that area, but I have heard Vancouver lumped into "the Pacific Northwest" when discussing music scenes/tour routes before, specifically in reference to hardcore outfit D.O.A. and the early 80s hardcore bands from Seattle, Portland, and thereabouts (ref. 'American Hardcore' by Steven Blush). Sorry if that offends some Canadian Corro members, but you bacon-loving beaver-huggers should know by now that we Americans suck at geography and pretty much consider you part of our country anyway, so we can lump your 'Van-coover' into our Pacific Northwest if we want to :P :D
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Talked with James yesterday about this book. He worked on it for 5 years, obviously with a lifetime of immersion in the music. Book will have a regular and deluxe limited edition. He mention a preorder campaign coming up for the limited, will post more details when I know them. Should be a great read, looking forward to it.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Does sound like a potentially fascinating read but i fear the cost will be prohibitive once international p & p is added.
Is there an existing thread about music books on the forum or am i just terrible at using the Corro-search function?
If not p'raps we should have one, as there are a lot of tomes on Hard n Heavy music around these days but it's often hard to sort the wheat from the chaff. I'm far more likely to trust the opinion of a member here than any amazon review.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Just started reading Goblin "Seven Notes in Red" last night and i'm enjoying it. First chapter is a mini crash course in Italian prog, so got out Sirio 2222 while reading it.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

nightsblood wrote:Sounds interesting. Been reading ore than listening lately (kids go to bed early, darn them!). Just finished "We Got The Neutron Bomb" (70s LA punk scene) and now working on "Rip It Up and Start Over" (the postpunk scene on both sides of The Pond).

Re: the Pacific NW term: I've never lived in that area, but I have heard Vancouver lumped into "the Pacific Northwest" when discussing music scenes/tour routes before, specifically in reference to hardcore outfit D.O.A. and the early 80s hardcore bands from Seattle, Portland, and thereabouts (ref. 'American Hardcore' by Steven Blush). Sorry if that offends some Canadian Corro members, but you bacon-loving beaver-huggers should know by now that we Americans suck at geography and pretty much consider you part of our country anyway, so we can lump your 'Van-coover' into our Pacific Northwest if we want to :P :D
The funny thing is I lived in Vancouver for 8 years and you would never in a million years hear a Canadian refer to any part of this country as the "pacific northwest". So again, I'll fall back into that being an american term.

Regarding being part of the US, that's a huge "hell no". As awful as trudeau is he's only a fraction as terrible as trump and we can only watch from above as the world burns from his incompetence down there :P
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

:lol:
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Avenger wrote:
nightsblood wrote:Regarding being part of the US, that's a huge "hell no". As awful as trudeau is he's only a fraction as terrible as trump and we can only watch from above as the world burns from his incompetence down there :P
Sounds like you'd like to build a wall.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Avenger wrote:
nightsblood wrote:As awful as trudeau is he's only a fraction as terrible as trump and we can only watch from above as the world burns from his incompetence down there :P
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

bigfootkit wrote:
Avenger wrote:
nightsblood wrote:As awful as trudeau is he's only a fraction as terrible as trump and we can only watch from above as the world burns from his incompetence down there :P
And USA's gonna pay for it!
:-D
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Khnud wrote:
bigfootkit wrote:Sounds like you'd like to build a wall.
How does trump being the most awful president in history turn into me apparently wanting a wall between countries?

Actually now that I think about it, trump should build a wall. Around himself at the bottom of the ocean 8)
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Avenger wrote:
Khnud wrote:
bigfootkit wrote:Sounds like you'd like to build a wall.
How does trump being the most awful president in history turn into me apparently wanting a wall between countries?

Actually now that I think about it, trump should build a wall. Around himself at the bottom of the ocean 8)
Hey, I'd pay for that! :-)
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

So is this still the Corroseum or is it twatter now? :lol: :roll:
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Twattroseum!

:D
I am ... the One you warned me of
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

Good interview with James here. I think it could be an excellent read so hopefully it works out.
https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2018/01 ... mes-beach/
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

Any more news on the book? Very much looking forward to (hopefully) read it some day.