Cirith Ungol returns!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Avenger

Re: Cirith Ungol returns!

Post by Avenger »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Armored Taint wrote:Take any shit band who only released one album, have High Roller re-press it on limited 200 copies colored vinyl, send them to every "true metal" fest on the planet, and viola - you suddenly have legions of fans who didn't even know who you were 5 minutes ago.
Well, that's Heavy Metal 2017 A.D. :lol:
Unfortunately, yes. :lol:
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Forces of Steel

Post by Forces of Steel »

Khnud wrote:
Armored Taint wrote:Kinda strange how Night Demon is booked on every single show Cirith Ungol plays now...must be a coincidence.
One of the requirements for booking Cirith Ungol is also booking Night Demon. Simple as that.
What I don't get is the habit of traveling all over the world to see the same three bands, when they could also catch them back home a few months later.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

malegys wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:
Armored Taint wrote:Take any shit band who only released one album, have High Roller re-press it on limited 200 copies colored vinyl, send them to every "true metal" fest on the planet, and viola - you suddenly have legions of fans who didn't even know who you were 5 minutes ago.
It's as dead as Dio. It's like the Blues, surviving on festival appearances & dragging out has-beens from the past (no matter how good or bad). Look at most reunion bands that decide to continue recording. Most break up again straight after because their new records don't sell & aren't appreciated/liked. It's a vile retro culture for millenials who wanna belong to this so called "golden age" & for recently-divorced types who wanna relive their youth. It's embarrassing.
Here's one for you then :D

Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
gravesnatcher

Post by gravesnatcher »

ION BRITTON wrote:Without the official announcement of the band lineup, it's not very safe to say anything, but if it's something like the photo of Baker + Garven + 2 night demon guys, it sure as hell doesn't look very promising and, most important, it doesn't feel very Cirith Ungol at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txF-cewTUdM

I think you are being too critical. The night demon guy has the right chops for C.U..
lol
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

msp wrote:Well I'll be there at KIT with half a freshly cut onion so I can be in tears when they take the stage :) :wink:
I probably won't need an onion for that. :lol:

Ok, so Mr. Leatherby used to play in a rhythm and blues band. So what? Do you have to breathe, eat and shit metal 24/7 for your entire life to be tr00 enough to play with CU? :roll:
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
gravesnatcher

Post by gravesnatcher »

It's Mr. Hershey and yes you need to shit metal to play in CU. Absolutely.

Ok, so Mr. Leatherby used to play in a rhythm and blues band. So what? Do you have to breathe, eat and shit metal 24/7 for your entire life to be tr00 enough to play with CU? :roll:[/quote]
Armored Taint

Post by Armored Taint »

Just for the record, Jarvis is the biggest piece of shit I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with in the metal scene. He's the biggest phony I've ever met in my life. He's constantly fucked up on coke, makes promises and never follows through with them or forgets what he said entirely, has a total undeserved rockstar atitude, totally fucked my band on more than one occasion. I had to be pulled away from knocking his stupid drugged-out ass off the stage last year. That's on top of his band being overrated derivative garbage. A friend of mine tried to get him to sign a CD at a show recently, he was so fucked up that he just moved the pen around in circles like 5 inches over the CD and never actually signed it. He's a fucking idiot and a massive poser.
Forces of Steel

Post by Forces of Steel »

ION BRITTON wrote:Here's one for you then :D

That rules.
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

malegys wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:
It's as dead as Dio. It's like the Blues, surviving on festival appearances & dragging out has-beens from the past (no matter how good or bad). Look at most reunion bands that decide to continue recording. Most break up again straight after because their new records don't sell & aren't appreciated/liked. It's a vile retro culture for millenials who wanna belong to this so called "golden age" & for recently-divorced types who wanna relive their youth. It's embarrassing.
So why are you still here then?
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

malegys wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:
So why are you still here then?

gravesnatcher wrote:It's Mr. Hershey and yes you need to shit metal to play in CU. Absolutely.

Ok, so Mr. Leatherby used to play in a rhythm and blues band. So what? Do you have to breathe, eat and shit metal 24/7 for your entire life to be tr00 enough to play with CU? :roll:

:lol: :lol:
malegys

Post by malegys »

So why are you still here then?[/quote]

I mainly post my rips & remasters of my tapes. Just sharing the good stuff.
"Do you like Wenom?"
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I doubt that most of the registered people are here because they follow every shitty new metal release like mad. And anyway, forget the forum, just look at the reviews and the features that are uploaded on the main site. Hardly what you'd call 'recent stuff'.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

This thread has really lost it's way, and i hold my hands up that i was one of those who derailed it originally a few pages back.
Disappointing that a thread on The Corroseum about Cirith Ungol reforming should descend into petty bickering and negativity.
Not seen the likes of this since the (whisper it) great WASP debate/debacle of 2012 (or thereabouts).
I remember when this was all green fields...
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
msp

Post by msp »

bigfootkit wrote:This thread has really lost it's way, and i hold my hands up that i was one of those who derailed it originally a few pages back.
Disappointing that a thread on The Corroseum about Cirith Ungol reforming should descend into petty bickering and negativity.
Not seen the likes of this since the (whisper it) great WASP debate/debacle of 2012 (or thereabouts).
Was it ever established if WASP were posers / false metal or not?
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

msp wrote:
bigfootkit wrote:This thread has really lost it's way, and i hold my hands up that i was one of those who derailed it originally a few pages back.
Was it ever established if WASP were posers / false metal or not?
Apparently not

http://thecorroseum.org/forum/viewtopic ... real+metal