Snakepit # 22

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
ION BRITTON

Re: Snakepit # 22

Post by ION BRITTON »

While it may be extremely interesting for some people, the length of the interviews and the font size used has become very discouraging for me. Last issue I bought was #20 and honestly I don't think I managed to finish any of them. I am not against more info in general, but this is becoming kinda ridiculous now. Come on, 15 pages of Aska??? The minute I saw its length, I abandoned every thought of even starting it... I don't give a shit about Aska anyway but usually I don't mind reading a couple of pages for bands that I don't like. This was just too much though.

I know it's the mighty Snakepit and stuff, but I really had to get this thing off my chest.

Anyway, good luck with the new issue, I hope it sells well.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Lama

Post by Lama »

I'm sorry to say, but I feel the same way. Some bands aren't just interesting enough to have such lengthy interviews. And I'm not hitting on Aska in particular here, and certainly not because they are a 'newer' band. I was a first-day buyer of the mag back in the late nineties, but somewhere along the line they lost me due to these kind of inties, and some other stuff that started to irritate me. But I must stress : I get irritated rather fast :?.
Kampel Destruction
otcmetal

Post by otcmetal »

Got mine from Nuclear War Now in the mail yesterday, with yellow Malediction 7". Absolutely incredible issue, with great layout and glossy paper!!! Definitely worth the wait. Thank you Laurent!!!
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

Thank you guys for the feedback....
Ion Britton, sorry to hear you've leaving the boat.... I should maybe quit it as well as it seems I eventually lost the original spirit that Frank had created..I recall hearing the same thing from a few others in that forum. Maybe it's time to hang up. after all I'm so disguted by some aspects of this actual 'scene' that I don't recognize myself in it anymore as well with the crap trends and shit around done to revive the 80s spirit they say. So yeah maybe it would be best for me to quit the boat. There's tons other killer zines around to enjoy.
Last edited by big mouth on Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I posted a comments in the NWN thread, I guess I'll repeat it here:

Excellent new issue, nice upgraded production values. Best value for the $$. Just started dipping in, THE BEAST interview was great! Completely unpretentious and honest too. Some interviews (in any magazine covering vintage stuff) suck over the years when you can tell the band member isn't necessarily too excited to talk about the history of the their band. This THE BEAST interview the exact opposite.

Buy it. Would love to see a live album come out with the MALEDICTION set we are teased with on the b-side of the single.
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

Well Rob, glad you like it.... as for MALEDICTION, Itested the water but the guys are not interested at all in doing a live album. there's recordings but.... BTW did you get my recent e mails??? Never got any answer...
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

No emails at all. I've got the same email address since 1999 so something weird going on.
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

PM sent Rob
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

Lama wrote:I'm sorry to say, but I feel the same way. Some bands aren't just interesting enough to have such lengthy interviews. And I'm not hitting on Aska in particular here, and certainly not because they are a 'newer' band. I was a first-day buyer of the mag back in the late nineties, but somewhere along the line they lost me due to these kind of inties, and some other stuff that started to irritate me. But I must stress : I get irritated rather fast :?.
PM sent. I'm curious.
Lama

Post by Lama »

big mouth wrote:
Lama wrote:I'm sorry to say, but I feel the same way. Some bands aren't just interesting enough to have such lengthy interviews. And I'm not hitting on Aska in particular here, and certainly not because they are a 'newer' band. I was a first-day buyer of the mag back in the late nineties, but somewhere along the line they lost me due to these kind of inties, and some other stuff that started to irritate me. But I must stress : I get irritated rather fast :?.
PM sent. I'm curious.
You've got PM.
Kampel Destruction
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

didn't get that PM
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I am reading the new issue now. Have to say, I'm very happy with it all. I agree that some interviews are rather long when it's bands I am not that interested in, but I usually skim those and read properly those I am interested in.

The Slayer feature was great BTW. Steven Craig does not strike me as reliable, but interesting and fun all the same.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

big mouth wrote:didn't get that PM
There are currently no known bugs with the PM system. Have you checked if your inbox is full? There's space for 100 messages.
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

Well I finally got the PM, don't know what went wrong when Lama sent it...
Lama

Post by Lama »

big mouth wrote:Well I finally got the PM, don't know what went wrong when Lama sent it...
It was probably my fault, no worries.
Kampel Destruction