KEEP IT TRUE 18 2015 (aftermath...)

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
msp

Re: KEEP IT TRUE 18 2015 ( r o l l c a l l ! )

Post by msp »

Bloody hell... I forget he was the Volcano guy from 2010 :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
theclansman74

Post by theclansman74 »

Lama wrote:
Well, I don't know if you already noticed it after all these years you've been there, but there's a stage in the venue where bands can play. So it must have a purpose as a place for 'live events' :roll:

Did you ever visited a festival (or a normal gig) where the toilets aren't smelly? And by the way, the organisation placed toilets outside. But they are probably also too small for you I guess? Do you suffer from claustrophobia maybe? Man, what do you want? It's a two-day heavy metal festival with +/- 3000 visitors, things are going to get dirty. If you want a clean, and maybe gold-plated toilet hosted by a couple of elves who lick your ass clean, go look elsewhere. Tomorrowland maybe :roll:

I'm a visitor of the festival since 2007, and I've never had to 'fight' to get in or out. Everyone has to pass the security guys, and for good reason too. Sometimes the entrance is a bit crowded yes, but only when a gig starts or finishes. And even then it never takes more than a few minutes. And if you noticed, there were two exits at the back of the venue. Dammit, it's not a stroll through a park man! :roll:

An 'annoying testdrive'?? What annoys you so much about it? On the other side of the venue there's a HUGE campsite and car parking where you have a lot of space to do your thing. Whatever that may be... Or do you suffer from agoraphobia too? :roll:

And why do you even care in the first place? You said that the 2016 line-up didn't impress you, so why are you whining that you didn't score a ticket? If you don't like it : stay away, don't bother! Or maybe try to organize a festival like KIT yourself, since you're so critical towards the KIT-crew.

I conclude with a 2010 quote from yourself : Don't be a dumb.
Wow what a pissed answer ! Who are you the official defender of keep it true festival ? Tauberfrankenhalle was fine for the first editions, now the situation is clearly become chaotic and stressful with all the people who visit the festival, really strange that you would not have noticed, ok there is a space for camping but it seems to me quite badly organized and honestly I do not trust to park the car there, because I always come with a hire car from the airport and do not want to dirty it or ruin it because in that case I should pay fines.
The track driving in front of the building is really ridiculous, for those who park the car next to the football field gets really long exit to the area concert and go to drink something in the car and re-enter in the building, considering the fact that there are only 15 minutes between one group and another ! This is VERY STRESSFULL.
I am one of the few that want to see 90% of the groups and do not interested to stay drunk all the time !
The bathrooms is one of the minor problems, but there are more modern structure that are better equipped in this regard.
About the bill I did not say that is bad , there are many interested bands next year ! (but many i've already seen in other festivals, but that's another story), i said only that there were recycling that I did not like much, as it has been for two years, many of you seem to forget that the Fates Warning with Artch have already played at keep it true 2012 under the name Arch / Matheos.
I think that you have a short memory, it's not a memorable event, is something that has already occurred only three years ago (2012), not a life ago ! , but it seems that everyone in Germany go mad for Fates warning with Arch, which it is still a great group, of course !
So for that reason that i've explained i was initially a bit puzzled about the bill but then I decided to buy the ticket, as every year, hoping that they added then other interesting bands going forward with the months.
Instead, thanks to this absurd policy of the tickets I could not buy a ticket for me, only after 4 hours the festival starts! .... for 2017 i could buy 2000 tickets and do play all the band just for me, it might be an idea !
However it is not a tragedy , there are many other great HM festivals around europe, so life goes on (on and on and on...).
Lama

Post by Lama »

Naaah, I'm not pissed, just a little playful, because you are exaggerating about every little thing possible (and no, this time I won't go into detail again). And it's not the first time you do this...I have a very good memory, you know 8)

I think it's you who's pissed off here, because you didn't score a ticket.
Kampel Destruction
theclansman74

Post by theclansman74 »

Lama wrote:Naaah, I'm not pissed, just a little playful, because you are exaggerating about every little thing possible (and no, this time I won't go into detail again). And it's not the first time you do this...I have a very good memory, you know 8)

I think it's you who's pissed off here, because you didn't score a ticket.
No i'm not really pissed about ticket, i've already see the majority of the bands that will play next year (i'm sad only to miss Thrust, Artch and Iron Cross), of course at this point i really like a new location like stadthalle in Offenbach, but i read at facebook of keep it true that the location will never change...sad new.
theclansman74

Post by theclansman74 »

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Keep-it-True-201 ... 1e9df62dcf

Avoid this bulshits ala AcDc...Let the tauberfrankenhalle empty next year !
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

So, anyways... Had an awesome weekend! The amount of must-see gigs were a bit smaller than usual, but the ones I saw were ranging from Fantastic to Good+

1. EXCITER - This is exactly how I want my reunion shows to play out. Excellent setlist, awesome performance (not even the much too long guitar solo could ruin it!) and good sound. In the all-time KIT Top 5 I think...

2. RIOT V - One of the best cover bands I've ever witnessed and just as great as on HOA the other year. Perfect ending to the festival. Big +: Sound was perfect. Small - : More oldies please!

3. ASHBURY - My doG do I ever love seeing longhaired old farts on stage :D Great atmosphere and all smiles from me.

4. KILLER - Killer band, killer old songs, not so killer new ones. My only regret is they didn't get another 30 min..

5. HEATHENS RAGE - Had high hopes for this one and I really did enjoy it, but the sound on the floor in front of the stage wasn't the best (as usual?).

6. M-PIRE OF EVIL - While I'm no die-hard Venom fan I really did enjoy this one. Cool setlist with some neat oddities like "7 Gates Of Hell", "Prime Evil" and "In Nomine Satanas". The unannounced/unexplained drummer-change was akward tho'...

I also watched most of Uli JR and Mindless Sinner - good shows but I'm no huge fan so I don't feel qualified to rate 'em..

As always the hangout was half the pleasure so a big shout-out to MSP, Andras, Lama, Luis, Josh, Fils du Peter and the rest \,,/
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:A shame lots of people with tix are crowding KIT just to show off their pics in Facepuke with their best pair of spandex while others with a genuine interest in attending the festival will have to stay out.

if someone has footage of Heathen´s Rage or Exciter ,please share
Yeah, more and more people at this festival are concerned with how they look on FB etc then actually listen to the bands. The huge amount of good looking chicks (nothing wrong with but the poser ones) and complete morons is also a sign this festival is gradually deteriorating. I quit this era and patiently wait this crap trend is over.

Now I hope Fates Warning will plan some other dates as well.
Long Live The Loud !!!
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

The Sentinel wrote:
MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:A shame lots of people with tix are crowding KIT just to show off their pics in Facepuke with their best pair of spandex while others with a genuine interest in attending the festival will have to stay out.

if someone has footage of Heathen´s Rage or Exciter ,please share
Yeah, more and more people at this festival are concerned with how they look on FB etc then actually listen to the bands. The huge amount of good looking chicks (nothing wrong with but the poser ones) and complete morons is also a sign this festival is gradually deteriorating. I quit this era and patiently wait this crap trend is over.

Now I hope Fates Warning will plan some other dates as well.
Heard that a lot this year, and I can't say that the feeling isn't mutual. Some things have changed during my KIT visits (2006 - 2015).

As for the bands, I kinda agree with Dan, not so many interesting acts this year, but Exciter annihilated! Heathens Rage were very good too. Hopefully they'll think of something with the ticket situation, fortunately I arrived during Sacral Rage and got my ticket all right ...
humus

Re: KEEP IT TRUE 18 2015 (aftermath...)

Post by humus »

When I first went to KIT I didn't even have a ticket. And I didn't even need one because you could just buy it at the entrance.

In general, I think interest in festivals has risen considerably. You see it with the mainstream festivals (Reading, Werchter, Roskilde), metal festivals (Wacken, Hellfest) and smaller festivals (KIT): they sell-out, despite ticket prices being higher than ever, and some even without announcing the line-up yet. I'm just wondering, where were all those people ten years ago? Not at festivals...

And considering this ticket-fiasco for KIT specifically: I see they try to search for solutions now. But that's just pointless in my opinion. They've stated a few times they won't do personalized tickets. Fair enough. No bigger venue. Fair enough. Allowing people to buy 20 tickets at once. Unacceptable.
The damage is done, and it's the organization who is to blame. You'd think after all these years, and seeing the rush for tickets getting worse every year, they'd have the common sense to limit the amount of tickets. This is not a time-consuming nor a complicated solution. And agreed, it's not watertight either, because some people will just do the line multiple times. But it would have certainly avoided the worst excesses.

Had some good -and drunk- times between KIT VI & KIT XVI. But I doubt I'd still have as much fun.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

humus wrote:I'm just wondering, where were all those people ten years ago?
Probably at their homes listening to St. Anger with a passion and eagerly waiting for the release of Fast and Furious 4. The more underground ones were reading the 11th book of Harry Potter and played RPGs that need a budget of 1000 euros to be played properly.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

haha, epic answer.. i was at the first 6 KITs, already for some time now the whole feeling has TOTALLY.COMPLETELY/utterly changed since, but this is just..wow.not sure i even care anymore,not even with iron cross included..ironically they now totally fit the bill,since the line up is not original anymore *bitter laugh*
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Posers aside, there are plans to remedy the ticket situation, so don't go buying one of those ridiculously overpriced ebay rip offs now, ok?
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
msp

Post by msp »

I wonder what the "remedy" will be? I can't imagine it will be many hundreds of tickets.... Maybe people will get to watch the festival on the big screen in the hall in Dittigheim....
msp

Post by msp »

msp wrote:I wonder what the "remedy" will be? I can't imagine it will be many hundreds of tickets.... Maybe people will get to watch the festival on the big screen in the hall in Dittigheim....
The Metal Market to be moved to an outside tent next year!!
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Yes, and with more space in the venue means more tickets may be sold. Probably the best solution possible, even though it's no longer possible to watch bands and look for records at the same time.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight