SOLSTICE - Death's Crown Is Victory

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Buried By Time and Dust

SOLSTICE - Death's Crown Is Victory

Post by Buried By Time and Dust »

New Release coming soon.Can't wait to hear more.
Element0s

Post by Element0s »

Can't fucking wait for this.
Divine Victim

SOLSTICE - I Am The Hunter

Post by Divine Victim »

Element0s

Post by Element0s »

Rules. Great to hear new studio tracks from Solstice.

Only comment would be that intro to the song drags compared to how you guys play it live on the clips I've heard, but fuck it
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Great !!!
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Cool stuff!! However, the singer is good but not top-notch. Another thing to notice is that i.m.o. it sounds closer to Isen Torr than old Solstice (which is not a bad thing at all).
This song made me realise how many later bands have been influenced by Solstice. Very promising!
Lama

Post by Lama »

Indeed, the singing is not the best.
Kampel Destruction
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

I love it !
mordred

Post by mordred »

Love it. If I'm not mistaken this was originally an Isen Torr song planned for the second EP that never happened. This version however bears the sound of Solstice in my opinion. Just what I wanted, something in the vein of New Dark Age. Looking forward to the release. Already heard Death's Crown Is Victory played live and can't wait to hear a studio version.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Luis

Post by Luis »

Vocals are killer, the song is killer, the sound is killer and it is 100% Solstice, exactly as they should be: raw, heavy and filled with glorious guitars!

I hear you mordred, Death's Crown Is Victory was very good live, it should cause a few ripples on record! Can't wait to get this EP. It's been 15 years since Solstice last put out the mettle law, 10 since the Isen Torr EP... Too long, but worth the wait it seems!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The new vocalist didn't impress me and his vocal lines do not leave something truly memorable on the whole. Too bad, the title track was pretty good musically.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Element0s

Post by Element0s »

I like the vocal melodies on the title-track a lot but it's likely not his best performance. Despite the flaws, I've found it to have near-endless replay value for my tastes :)
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I think the vocals sound much improved from the early things I heard and are now really good. This is going to be in my top releases of the year list, just don't know where it will rank right now
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
daniel

Post by daniel »

I still like some old Solstice. This new material, no.
They never did have a truly strong vocalist but the past singers still had some charm I could get into. This new guy is awful on the ears, especially the incredibly dull melodies. Also don't think it especially "sounds like Solstice", the overall sound of just about everything is different. Whatever, I've listened to the new songs a few times, not going to waste any more time on them.

Isen Torr was supposed to be really separate from Solstice, then an Isen Torr song is used as a Solstice song. What.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
mordred

Post by mordred »

daniel wrote: Isen Torr was supposed to be really separate from Solstice, then an Isen Torr song is used as a Solstice song. What.
In all fairness it was the other way round too. "Mighty and superior" had been demoed by Solstice before it was released as an Isen Torr song.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D