Snakepit issue 21

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

Thanks guys... Thanks for the support. Don't hesirtatye to join the page www.facebook.com/snakepitmagazinefans and share the news about issue 21 everywhere, on other pages, on forums etc... that's the only way to promote it in a good way. Fact is I got informed by Yosuke that only 600 copies of issue 20 got sold, 4000 remaining, a bunch of money not here so it was a problem printing issue 21... if the proiblem continue with so and so sales things might get worse... I know I always sound pessimist in my editois and shit but that's the realoity in this world and age where most of the so called metalheads wants everything free.
As for postage costs. just check the facebook page, it's all explained.
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

big mouth wrote:Thanks guys... Thanks for the support. Don't hesirtatye to join the page www.facebook.com/snakepitmagazinefans and share the news about issue 21 everywhere, on other pages, on forums etc... that's the only way to promote it in a good way. Fact is I got informed by Yosuke that only 600 copies of issue 20 got sold, 4000 remaining, a bunch of money not here so it was a problem printing issue 21... if the proiblem continue with so and so sales things might get worse... I know I always sound pessimist in my editois and shit but that's the realoity in this world and age where most of the so called metalheads wants everything free.
As for postage costs. just check the facebook page, it's all explained.
Sorry for this, you know your business better, but isn't a 4,000 print very big?
Maybe (and again sorry for giving you advise) a run of 2,000 would me more realistic?
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

4000 remain? 4600 printrun! whow massive, where can those all sell?
big mouth wrote:T Fact is I got informed by Yosuke that only 600 copies of issue 20 got sold, 4000 remaining, a bunch of money not here so it was a problem printing issue 21...
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

WHAT??????????? What's this??????? From where those unrealistic numbers come from? This is a fuckin' 1000 print like it always has been the case since issue 9 or so....
Element0s

Post by Element0s »

big mouth wrote:WHAT??????????? What's this??????? From where those unrealistic numbers come from? This is a fuckin' 1000 print like it always has been the case since issue 9 or so....
you typed one too many zero's in your last post
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

Oh shit...forgive me...my fault. Yeah 400 copies remaining or so then.
scandinavian-assault

Post by scandinavian-assault »

big mouth wrote:Oh shit...forgive me...my fault. Yeah 400 copies remaining or so then.
I'm not that frequent here, and might have missed it, but you are Laurent Ramadier, right?

I bought my first issue (#3) in 1997, and it is surely a highlight everytime a new issue is out, that's for sure!

I don't have facebook, so I'll post my views and comments here.
Headbanger, Earthdog, Rivet Head, Hell Rat & Metal Maniac!
GJ

Post by GJ »

Pestkrieg wrote:
GJ wrote:Ordered the one with the 12" from HRR the other day. Should go well with a glass of Brakspear Triple on the porch, whilst welcoming the arrival of fall.

(not forgetting a few extra blankets and a pair of long johns)
The greatest beer on the planet!!! Explains your godly voice haha!
:)
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

I'm not that frequent here, and might have missed it, but you are Laurent Ramadier, right?
That is correct.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Just ordered one from Iron Bonehead w/ 12", looking forward to read more historic interviews :) What was the original price for copy w/ 12" at NWN distro? I got it now from ebay.de for 25€ + 7€ shipping, which is probably about the same the total cost w/ US shipping costs would be anyhow ...
scandinavian-assault

Post by scandinavian-assault »

sovdat wrote:Just ordered one from Iron Bonehead w/ 12", looking forward to read more historic interviews :) What was the original price for copy w/ 12" at NWN distro? I got it now from ebay.de for 25€ + 7€ shipping, which is probably about the same the total cost w/ US shipping costs would be anyhow ...
I think it was $20 + $20 shipping, so it's about the same from the US and Europe. I ordered some other CD's at the same time, NWN charges $5/CD, which is very cheap!
Headbanger, Earthdog, Rivet Head, Hell Rat & Metal Maniac!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I ordered it from HRR along with a few more things and it cost me around 24.5 euros, that is approx. $32-33.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Astra Wally

Post by Astra Wally »

Very nice issue once again and the Oblivion demo is fantastic !!

On a negative note: The RITUAL interview sucks...not your fault Laurent of course...it's just that those guys are just lazy impolite cunts. I don't think we will ever see a RITUAL reissue one day. Shame.
Heaven is yours, Hell is mine
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

Yeah as I stated it in the RITUAL interview ...it sucks..... I guess they're ashamed lilke many of those so called Metallers to have played Metal one day, or they just don't give a plain shit about interviews.... I could have chosen to not publish it but hell at least that shows the respect they have for their fans.... as I'm just a fan and no fuckin' journalist.... it rarely happen to be that worse... I wish Eddy could have done it...not sure it would have changed something. i recall interviewing face to face Algy Ward for issue 4.... by e mail with frank it sucked and mine sucked as well. You have some people who just terrible sometimes.... terrioble.
As for the reissue...I heard from somebody recently that it's worked on right now.... can't recall who told me they were doing it this said....
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I think you are in a line of people that had bad experiences with this band. I had mine back longer than 10 years ago when I was still running my label, it just lead to a dead end..I'll never talk about the specifics again. I was just a fan too wanting to see their music reach a slightly larger audience, here is to hoping someone else can pull it off somehow, would be a minor miracle...
big mouth wrote:Yeah as I stated it in the RITUAL interview ...it sucks..... I guess they're ashamed lilke many of those so called Metallers to have played Metal one day, or they just don't give a plain shit about interviews.... I could have chosen to not publish it but hell at least that shows the respect they have for their fans.... as I'm just a fan and no fuckin' journalist.... it rarely happen to be that worse... I wish Eddy could have done it...not sure it would have changed something. i recall interviewing face to face Algy Ward for issue 4.... by e mail with frank it sucked and mine sucked as well. You have some people who just terrible sometimes.... terrioble.
As for the reissue...I heard from somebody recently that it's worked on right now.... can't recall who told me they were doing it this said....