Keep It True 17

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Marken wrote:
The Sentinel wrote:
msp wrote:I must be the only person who found Lethal to be disappointing as I thought the vocals were all over the place...
I just can't believe they didn't play "Arrival"; one of the best songs from the US and they just didn't play it :cry: Instead, they started with a crap song I've never heard.
I think Arrival was the only song from "Programmed" they didn't play at KIT some seven years ago, and after that show I asked Mallicoat the reason why. He said that they didn't think it worked out well at the rehearsel, so they dropped it. Brilliant song.
Ahh, that's too bad. The others songs from "Programmed" were great though.

I was surprised by Deceased. I've never could get into the albums but somehow this performance worked very well; I heard some great weird riffage and enjoyed them very much. So, I think it's time to give the albums another chance.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Lama

Post by Lama »

The Sentinel wrote:
Marken wrote:
The Sentinel wrote:
I just can't believe they didn't play "Arrival"; one of the best songs from the US and they just didn't play it :cry: Instead, they started with a crap song I've never heard.
I think Arrival was the only song from "Programmed" they didn't play at KIT some seven years ago, and after that show I asked Mallicoat the reason why. He said that they didn't think it worked out well at the rehearsel, so they dropped it. Brilliant song.
Ahh, that's too bad. The others songs from "Programmed" were great though.

I was surprised by Deceased. I've never could get into the albums but somehow this performance worked very well; I heard some great weird riffage and enjoyed them very much. So, I think it's time to give the albums another chance.
Start with "Fearless Undead Machines", "Supernatural Addiction", "The Thirteen Frightened Souls" and "Luck Of The Corpse".

Had a great time at KIT as Always. Highlights were Ranger, Deceased, Atlantean Kodex and Jag Panzer (but indeed, that colossal show at KIT 2008 is unforgettable).

I was dead tired during F&J and fell asleep on the ground at the second floor...

Seen okay shows from Stallion, Toxik (a bit disappointing indeed, too much new songs, and promoting a download card is just gay) and Metal Church (old songs were magic, but as soon as new songs were played, the atmosphere was gone).

Thumbs up to Finger Of Scorn for bringing the Cirith Ungol-hits to the live environment! I enjoyed it, although being dead exhausted.

Vardis : good show, but waaaay too much jamming.

I'm sorry, I missed Hexx, Warrior and Lethal (seen them the previous time, which was superb!).

Bought way too much LP's and CD's, and enjoyed lots of quality beerz, cheese and other delicacies.
Last edited by Lama on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kampel Destruction
mordred

Post by mordred »

Another great visit to KIT but as always too little time to hang out with people due to watching shows, record browsing and boozing in the rental car. Much better shows in general than last year for me.

The highlight was finally seeing Atlantean Kodex who put on an excellent performance to an enthusiastic response. Metal Church were brilliant, such a powerhouse live band it's incredible. I actually enjoyed this show more than the one at HOA this summer although they did play the whole first album that time. Lethal were very good although I was deeply disappointed they didn't play "Arrival" which is their best song. Tom Mallicoat was a bit out of time but his voice sounded great. Jag Panzer were great although it didn't quite measure up to their show at the 2008 edition but how could it? Also enjoyed Hexx very much. I'm happy they did several songs off the second album which is my favorite release of theirs and the singer from the first album sounded good on those tracks as well.

Unfortunately I was too drunk, tired, hungry and in need of several cups of coffee to enjoy Flotsam and Jetsam. Only caught a couple of songs. I watched half of Toxik but thought they sucked. I fairly enjoy the albums but their performance gave me nothing.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D