Aria reissues on LP

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Destrozer

Aria reissues on LP

Post by Destrozer »

Not sure if this is the right place but what the hell. All Aria albums will be reissued on vinyl. More details here:
www.metalrus.ru
Le fjump

Post by Le fjump »

I would of course like the first 2 albums on vinyl.
My steel isn´t true and that makes me a sad panda...
Le fjump

Post by Le fjump »

Where can they be bought?
Can someone in russia help buy a few copies if they dont send internationally?
My steel isn´t true and that makes me a sad panda...
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

Will check that.
Btw, the hero of the speedway album will be reissued by Melodia:
http://www.metalrus.ru/groups/18/post-view/24814
Preorders can be made here:
http://www.melody.su/events/1286/
49 more albums will be reissued and all of them with a special surprise included.
Melodia are celebrting their 50th aniversary and are reissuing 50 of their best albums.
Hero of the speedway is the first vinyl they issue in 22 years.
For more info use google transator, Im too lazy. :D
mordred

Post by mordred »

Cool news. I have the three existing Aria vinyl records and all other albums on cd. I don't normally buy the same album on several formats but I think I will go for these for a number of reasons. It's an incredibly cool band, it would kick ass to have the entire discography on vinyl, and most of the cd editions frankly look quite unsexy, at least the ones I have. I hope the packaging will be good for these. Megalomania, Whom Are You With, Night Is Shorter Than Day, Christening by Fire, Armageddon... love all those albums. The only one that's truly lame in my opinion is Chimera. Also, the latest album Phoenix seems to be missing from the list?
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Melodia are greedy, they ask 25EUR for "Hero of the Speedway", shipping not included

Mirumir ain't much cheaper either...
mordred

Post by mordred »

I hope it will be possible to get these editions despite undecipherable cyrillic letters and the general Russian inclination to not care one bit if people outside Russia can participate or not. :(

Maybe Deztroser will have to import piles of them to Sweden. :D
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

The band reported that Melodia has pre-sold the entire pressing of "Hero of the Speedway" LP within a week... it is not clear if there will be further pressings

Apparently 25 EUR per pop is not a problem for Russian vinyl collectors...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Browsing through Mirumir Records website it looks like a small label which presses their vinyl at GZ in Czech Republic... so do not expect outstanding packaging quality

No real distribution outside Russia either. Some private dealers may ship abroad, but their prices are around 30EUR per pop...

Some tasty LPs on that label never the less:

But again 25-30EUR plus shipping... its grossly overpriced, compared to 15-17EUR average retail price other labels charge for their stock (also pressed at GZ in limited quantities)

mordred

Post by mordred »

Yeah I heard Hero of Asphalt already sold out on preorder. I don't need that since I already have it on vinyl, same with Playing With Fire and Blood for Blood. As for the others I don't have on vinyl... 25-30 euros per piece is grossly overpriced that's right, but I think I would still pay up. :shock:
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

But the originals are cheaper than that, Blood for Blood excluded! Is there anything special about them?
Never trust the Goblin King....
mordred

Post by mordred »

Trigger wrote:But the originals are cheaper than that, Blood for Blood excluded! Is there anything special about them?
There are no originals, that's the thing. Only Hero of Asphalt, Playing With Fire and Blood for Blood, not the eight other studio albums which are the ones I want on vinyl.
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

mordred wrote:
Trigger wrote:But the originals are cheaper than that, Blood for Blood excluded! Is there anything special about them?
There are no originals, that's the thing. Only Hero of Asphalt, Playing With Fire and Blood for Blood, not the eight other studio albums which are the ones I want on vinyl.
Yes, I was talking about those 3.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Trigger wrote:
mordred wrote:
Yes, I was talking about those 3, why buy them again when the original is cheap? ,Anther question is, how can I be sure that they will print a proper jacket for the vinyls to make them worth buying?
I won't buy the three I already have on vinyl, only the others. As for the quality of the packaging that remains to be seen of course but they should at least be able to match up to the quality of a 1980's Melodia LP. :wink:
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

mordred wrote:
Trigger wrote:
mordred wrote: There are no originals, that's the thing. Only Hero of Asphalt, Playing With Fire and Blood for Blood, not the eight other studio albums which are the ones I want on vinyl.
Yes, I was talking about those 3, why buy them again when the original is cheap? ,Anther question is, how can I be sure that they will print a proper jacket for the vinyls to make them worth buying?
I won't buy the three I already have on vinyl, only the others. As for the quality of the packaging that remains to be seen of course but they should at least be able to match up to the quality of a 1980's Melodia LP. :wink:
haha, ok but please don't take these as personal references, i do that for debate's sake.