New Satan track.

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Sounds great!
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Black Axe wrote:I won't listen to the samples, I'll just get the album. But if the whole album is suffering from annoying drum parts that will impact my enjoyment quite a lot.
I cant find any bad detail in the drums sound, on the contrary,for being a 2013 production it lacks of the real annoying modern triggered drums (see Hell-Human Remians for exmaple) it sounds quiet natural and gives a feeling an actual human is playing it :D
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

It's not a problem with the sound actually but with the drum parts... with a GOOD drummer this album would be almost as good as "CITA"..wait until you will hear "incantations", "another universe" or "Time to die"...there's like 2 fillers on this album..the rest is pure raging rifferama and incredibly great vocal work...
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

So good.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

I'm dazzled!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

Can't wait for this. Really liking the artwork too.
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Sa ... nce/367468
BroUKPromotions

Post by BroUKPromotions »

big mouth wrote:with a GOOD drummer this album would be almost as good as "CITA".
its the same drummer. so are the drum parts rubbish on CITA too?
Marken

Post by Marken »

BroUKPromotions wrote:
big mouth wrote:with a GOOD drummer this album would be almost as good as "CITA".
its the same drummer. so are the drum parts rubbish on CITA too?
30 years is a long time...

I have only heard four tracks from the new one. Not as brilliant as Pariah, but good stuff indeed.
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

Sean did a good job on "CITA" I mean it worked out great on it.... but somehow to me it's obvious while listening to this new album that something is wrong with his parts.... I don't know.... you'll see by yourselves.
Oliver/KIT

Post by Oliver/KIT »

In my opinion this album is perfect in every aspect...
BroUKPromotions

Post by BroUKPromotions »

big mouth wrote:Sean did a good job on "CITA" I mean it worked out great on it.... but somehow to me it's obvious while listening to this new album that something is wrong with his parts.... I don't know.... you'll see by yourselves.
i think its more to do with the fact its not over produced, more raw sounding. which is what makes it sound a bit different, im sick of hearing the same drum sound all ever album i buy these days.
leifkr

Post by leifkr »

Speedeceiver

Post by Speedeceiver »

leifkr wrote:Long interview with Steve:

http://metalsquadron.com/2013/04/14/sat ... -beginning
Very cool read. I was wondering myself if any of the songs on Life Sentence would be from around the CITA days, but i guess not. Good to hear that they wrote the album as if it was meant to be the album right after CITA though.

If anyone hasn't heard the other track posted from the album, check it out here:

"Testimony"
https://soundcloud.com/brooklynvegan/satan-testimony
leifkr

Post by leifkr »

Thank you!
Divine Victim

Post by Divine Victim »

BroUKPromotions wrote:
big mouth wrote:Sean did a good job on "CITA" I mean it worked out great on it.... but somehow to me it's obvious while listening to this new album that something is wrong with his parts.... I don't know.... you'll see by yourselves.
i think its more to do with the fact its not over produced, more raw sounding. which is what makes it sound a bit different, im sick of hearing the same drum sound all ever album i buy these days.
I think it's nothing more than the drums being a bit too high in the mix. I like the rawness, but the volume of the drums is a bit overpowering given their simple (but effective) nature.