New LEGEND (UK) material

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Divine Victim

New LEGEND (UK) material

Post by Divine Victim »

A song from the upcoming LEGEND (Jersey) album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... uSXJINgslE

Utterly bland! Shame given their old stuff has such an original spark to it. Still keen to see what they're like live though.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Pretty good track. I liked the vocals. The arrangements maybe could have been different, but I still like the idea of having another Legend album in my hands. :wink:
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

I really liked the track.
It still has the feel of Legend of olde but with a modern overhaul production-wise.
The main guitar figure is really haunting just like the best of their vintage material.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

The vocals are as great as ever, but the rest is missing some of the energy/sound of their previous material. Hopefully the other tracks will be slighty more impressive.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Bought the album, The Dark Place, at Keep It True and I must say I was taken by storm. This is so breathtakingly brilliant I just don't know what to say except that it is their best one yet (that'll tell you something, right?).

Very few bands manage to mature and become better and more relevant over time, seems Legend is one of them. Humble bows. Buy or...
Divine Victim

Post by Divine Victim »

I was very pleased to have my initial doubts proved wrong when I heard the full album. The vinyl version is out soon, looking forward to getting it!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I have ordered the CD this monday, I have big expectations for this one as well as the SATAN CD "Life Sentence".
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

This sounds great. Didn't pick it up at KIT because I thought it would probably be a disappointment, but with what people are saying here, I'll have to invest in it anyway it seems. What are the strengths of the album? Which of their albums does it compare most favorably to?
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Strenghts: amazing singing and great playing, creative songwriting, beautiful melodies, pretty dark and/or moody even in the more upbeat songs, no fillers... (sounds like a description of their back catalogue haha!)

Still it's a matter of taste of course. I can only say it really struck a chord with me and my current state of mind. There is no such thing as sheer objectivity in my world. :wink:
nabel

Post by nabel »

Divine Victim wrote:I was very pleased to have my initial doubts proved wrong when I heard the full album. The vinyl version is out soon, looking forward to getting it!
Vinyl? Label?

I also bought this at Kit because all the songs played from it sounded really good. But I need to give it more spins to properly say something more about it.
Divine Victim

Post by Divine Victim »

Yes, according to guitarist Pete a vinyl version is coming "soon" on a label, don't know specifics.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

GJ wrote:Strenghts: amazing singing and great playing, creative songwriting, beautiful melodies, pretty dark and/or moody even in the more upbeat songs, no fillers... (sounds like a description of their back catalogue haha!)

Still it's a matter of taste of course. I can only say it really struck a chord with me and my current state of mind. There is no such thing as sheer objectivity in my world. :wink:
I'm with you on this one Goran; This album is absolutely brilliant from start to finish ! Absolutely no fillers and the track "Monster" is incredible !
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

Excellent comeback album for sure! AMAZING singing!
Marken

Post by Marken »

Are there lyrics and pictures printed in the booklet? Or is it even a booklet?
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

No booklet at all. I understand the vinyl will feature the lyrics and stuff....