MANILLA ROAD - Mysterium

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Shimrod wrote:Are all the SKR versions coming with a too small back insert as thin as cigarette paper and not fitting the case or am i unlucky?
It seems so. My copy has the same problem.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I have the gatefold vinyl version from High Roller. Unfortunately the outside cover is smaller than the inside, so the inside is wobbly and buckled. :-/
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Shimrod

Post by Shimrod »

It looks like a rushed product: manufacturing errors and released before the scheduled date. Now the question is: is the Golden Core edition any better?
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Shimrod wrote:It looks like a rushed product: manufacturing errors and released before the scheduled date. Now the question is: is the Golden Core edition any better?
The Goldencore edition contains a bonus DVD.
Shimrod

Post by Shimrod »

Well, I don't really care about a DVD for 8€ extra, plus it's a digipack version. I thought there was a jewel case version but it looks like it is a promotionnal version in a cardsleeve. I just wanted to know if the finished product is better overall.
mordred

Post by mordred »

ZYX/Golden Core has both a regular jewelcase version and a digipack with the bonus DVD. I have the digipack version and it's gorgeous.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

There's no version CD + DVD with jewel case ?
Shimrod

Post by Shimrod »

It does not seem to exist. I'll try to locate a copy of the Golden Core regular version cheap and resell the other one.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Marken wrote:Thanks a lot, GJ! I'm 37 and a proud Winger-fan.
Ah, you're just a kid then! I'm turning 41 this year. Will I see you at KIT btw? I'm going to share room with Knut at the hotel in Beckstein so you'll have a stupid Swede to bully!
Marken

Post by Marken »

GJ wrote:
Marken wrote:Thanks a lot, GJ! I'm 37 and a proud Winger-fan.
Ah, you're just a kid then! I'm turning 41 this year. Will I see you at KIT btw? I'm going to share room with Knut at the hotel in Beckstein so you'll have a stupid Swede to bully!
Ahh, so you're the lucky dude who gets to share a bed with Knut. Yes, I'll be there at Beckstein, so I guess both you and Knut will come over to our (big) room for some beers and Winger/Crashdiet on the stereo. Looking forward to seeing you there, GJ!
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

I'm listening to the Crystal Logic LP right now, what a perfect freaking record it is... Amazing stuff. But the others I have heard haven't made such impression as this LP at all. Maybe I need to listen to Invasion, Metal, Open the Gates, Mystification etc again.. Of the songs I've heard from this new record, it sounds alright for sure but far from great.
Maybe I should just continue listening to Crystal Logic, drink beer and just fuck off, ha ha.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I'm afraid I can no longer force myself to follow this band since anything I've heard after their reunion was OK at best, while some of that stuff disappointed me greatly. It's kinda cool I guess that they have fans who find the new material amazing and are truly enjoying it, I'll personally stick to the "classic" period i.e. everything up to Courts of Chaos.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
GJ

Post by GJ »

Marken wrote:Ahh, so you're the lucky dude who gets to share a bed with Knut. Yes, I'll be there at Beckstein, so I guess both you and Knut will come over to our (big) room for some beers and Winger/Crashdiet on the stereo. Looking forward to seeing you there, GJ!
I shall watch my Fleksnes dvds daily and only listen to Høst for the next two months... Maybe you could come into our room and put us to sleep? "Grandfather... tell us about Winger."
Marken

Post by Marken »

GJ wrote:
Marken wrote:Ahh, so you're the lucky dude who gets to share a bed with Knut. Yes, I'll be there at Beckstein, so I guess both you and Knut will come over to our (big) room for some beers and Winger/Crashdiet on the stereo. Looking forward to seeing you there, GJ!
I shall watch my Fleksnes dvds daily and only listen to Høst for the next two months... Maybe you could come into our room and put us to sleep? "Grandfather... tell us about Winger."
"Hva skal det være i dette været?" Fleksnes er kongen.

Høst is boring stuff, try some Conception or Tantara instead.
I guess Knut would prefer me to tuck you guys in at night rather than waking you up in the morning. He can tell you all about our morning-ritual, which I think he got a little bored with after a while.
Think I'm gonna play some Kings Of Metal this weekend, thanks for the reminder.

On topic: Randy Foxe's drumming is great.
mordred

Post by mordred »

ION BRITTON wrote:I'm afraid I can no longer force myself to follow this band since anything I've heard after their reunion was OK at best, while some of that stuff disappointed me greatly. It's kinda cool I guess that they have fans who find the new material amazing and are truly enjoying it, I'll personally stick to the "classic" period i.e. everything up to Courts of Chaos.
Do you like Courts of Chaos too? For me it's the weakest MR album along with Invasion, and that includes all the post reformation albums.

I can sort of understand how some people enjoy the old Manilla Road albums but not the newer ones... but that doesn't make it right! 8)
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D