PERPETRATÖR - New Thrash band from Portugal

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Rick

PERPETRATÖR - New Thrash band from Portugal

Post by Rick »

Hello people! Long time no see.
I hardly have time for forums these days, but I have a new Thrash project and I'd really like to have the opinions of the people in this particular one. They will be appreciated. Currently we are looking for a label willing to release a mini CD or something.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4smm8cfTVbs

Thanks and hail Metal!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Not really a fan of this. First the modern production, then the guitar tone, then the vocal effects and then the lack of a bass drum which instead sounds like a typewriter.

The song also sounds rushed and unfinished. How about an intro or something?

Pretty much everything I don't like about modern "Thrash" right there.

Take a few hints from these guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfI4yEisug4
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Rob

Post by Rob »

Avenger wrote: Pretty much everything I don't like about modern "Thrash" right there.

You're serious?? Algebra are pretty much weak modern thrash band.

That's cool if you don't like it but, if your idea of new thrash is Testament styled of thrash metal with crappy mainstream production, don't impose that same idea unto others, it's clear that the purpose os this new band is not to have that type of sound nor production, which is pretty much close to NO-Metal poduction.
6is9
Ironhead

Post by Ironhead »

The umlaut is already a big "NOPE" for me.
The Devil is within us all...
daniel

Post by daniel »

I wasn't going to comment, but seeing that "Algebra is weak modern Thrash" post, well, that's just bullshit. There's good Thrash of both the more raw and the more clean styles, not some tired old "only this or that sound is REAL". Why do people bring up Testament a lot anyway as an example of bad Thrash, not many bands wrote riffs as good as those found on "Curse of the Legions of Death" or "Do Or Die"... braaaaap.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Well,

I do get some opinions from people who are more exclusively into dirtier sounds that the production is too good/professional/modern. But what vocal effects? There's only some reverb and stuff. And typewriter bass drums are indeed an awful trend, but I definitely fail to hear them in our recording.

Algebra sound ok to me, but not really that oldschool to be honest. And different from the style of Thrash of Perpetratör, which I think is more rooted in Destruction, Kreator and stuff like that. Algebra's riffing reminds me of Metallica meets some sort of Crossover with a vocalist vaguely similar to Max Cavalera perhaps.

As for the umlaut, Infernäl Mäjesty had umlauts and that's good enough for me (not to mention Motörhead and many others of course). I understand it may have become a sign for modern retro-Thrash kid bands. It takes more than that for me to catalogue a band, but that's me of course.

And as for production, I absolutely love albums like 'Obsessed by Cruelty' (European version) and 'Infernal Overkill', but truth is I also love stuff like 'All Hell Breaks Loose' and 'Violent Revolution', even if eventually these bands decayed into mediocrity. And I am a great, great fan of Testament!

I appreciate your opinions and suggestions and thank you all for taking the time to hear the track and write something.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Rob wrote:
Avenger wrote: Pretty much everything I don't like about modern "Thrash" right there.

You're serious?? Algebra are pretty much weak modern thrash band.

That's cool if you don't like it but, if your idea of new thrash is Testament styled of thrash metal with crappy mainstream production, don't impose that same idea unto others, it's clear that the purpose os this new band is not to have that type of sound nor production, which is pretty much close to NO-Metal poduction.
So any band that has time changes, a bit of complexity, isn't watered down to the point of endless repetition and stupid vocal effects with a production where you can actually hear different pieces of the instruments is trying to be Testament? Riiiiiiiiiiiight.....

Testament very well could be one of their influences but I hear a lot more then that. Someone needs to play their Forbidden records again.

Also, obviously not all Thrash does or should sound the same. I was simply providing an example from which I think another modern day Thrash band is doing the right thing.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
thrashidolatry

Post by thrashidolatry »

As for myself I really enjoyed this, very fast and chaotic. Though I have to agree with Avenger that a intro maybe would have created a more interesting atmosphere like for example in Protector's Mortuary Nightmare.
Vocals kinda remind me of Coroner which is definitely not a bad thing :D
Rob

Post by Rob »

Avenger wrote:I was simply providing an example from which I think another modern day Thrash band is doing the right thing.
Next time remember adding the "according to me" bit, makes the difference on a statement.
6is9
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Rob wrote:
Avenger wrote:I was simply providing an example from which I think another modern day Thrash band is doing the right thing.
Next time remember adding the "according to me" bit, makes the difference on a statement.
Unnecessary. Obviously this is my opinion because I am posting it under my username. I can't speak on behalf of others...
Speedeceiver

Post by Speedeceiver »

Not terrible, I can tell it is a rough version of whats to come, just something to test the waters i take it. This could benefit from different production/drum sound, something that fits the riffs better.

Something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLSCygOakOA

I'm sure you'll find your own sound, though there are tons of bands doing thrash right now and only a few worth listening to.
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

1 track of the CD "Thermonuclear Epiphany" soon to be released by Stormspell on YT :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ95BOlbz5Q