Shadow Kingdom Store 2012 - TONS added

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I really have nothing else to add here. I just can't get past how ridiculous trying to defend selling bootlegs is. Ripping off fans has no justification.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
otcmetal

Post by otcmetal »

Avenger, what I don't understand is how you can really say anything about buying or selling bootlegs, when you yourself sold a load of them on this very forum a few years back. I bought several of them, and many other members of the forum did too. You sold them cheap, but you had to get them somewhere, and you obviously sold them. So, how do you justify that?
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

And here comes the cavalry !

Hey, what about me ? Nothing to say ? And please think something smarter than "oh but you're italian ... shut up, mafia !" :lol:
otcmetal

Post by otcmetal »

Helstar wrote:And here comes the cavalry !

Hey, what about me ? Nothing to say ? And please think something smarter than "oh but you're italian ... shut up, mafia !" :lol:
Hey, you're Italian!...shut up, mafia!!! :lol: I'm not trying to justify selling bootlegs, it's just funny that a war has been waged, when the person who seems to have the biggest stick in the pot also was selling bootlegs that he owned. If your stance is that hardcore about bootlegs, why ever own them in the first place...and why sell them. He even says he still HAS them. Why not just chuck 'em in a barrel and burn them? I have nothing against Avenger. I've bought from him a few times, and he was always good to deal with. Just seems like the guy is kind of self-righteous, and loves to stir things up. I never thought Tim would sell boots, either. Just seems to be a certain amount of hypocrisy going on here.
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

I do believe that at the very least distros that conscientiously sell bootlegged releases need to be upfront and mark those items as bootlegs in their listings. Hell's Headbangers was recently criticized for its part in distributing bootlegs, and since then they've been much more thorough in specifying certain items as bootlegs. Nuclear War Now! is also pretty consistent in marking bootlegs as such.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

otcmetal wrote:Avenger, what I don't understand is how you can really say anything about buying or selling bootlegs, when you yourself sold a load of them on this very forum a few years back. I bought several of them, and many other members of the forum did too. You sold them cheap, but you had to get them somewhere, and you obviously sold them. So, how do you justify that?
I sold them for $1.00-2.00 each to cover the packing materials. I made zero profit on them. In fact, many of them I ended up giving away for free in some of the packages. These were accumulated from many sources and I openly stated that they were bootlegs and didn't try to disguise them in any way.

I just wanted to get rid of them.

Sure, I could have thrown them in the garbage but some people may still appreciate the music in hard copy form.

I don't see the problem here.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."