Vektor

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
daniel

Post by daniel »

Hadn't noticed the two replies above when I posted :)
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

I don't often chip in with my opinions on newish bands as i'm not all that familiar with bands from the last ten years or so.
It's also very rare that i hear something new that really floors me.
Vektor are a rare exception, i love their 3 albums, and have high hopes for them.
Regardless of their influences, (whether they are are apparent or not to you), i think the main strength of Vektor is that they are really good song-writers.
Within their easily identifiable stylistic blueprint they have allowed themselves a great deal of freedom to explore and stretch out where it's necessary or to keep it concise if they want to take the "short, sharp, shock" route.
They are obviously gifted players and have a very strong grasp of dynamics, which in itself gives them a lot of scope and opportunity to go in a variety of directions.
Whilst i can hear some definite influences in their sound, they mix them up in such a way that, to me, they sound like Vektor first & foremost.
Over time, their stylistic influences are likely to coalese more and become less and less apparent.
I'm voting Vektor. :D
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Satrapold

Post by Satrapold »

Helstar wrote:Why it has always to be 100% clone or 100% original with you people :p ?
This I wonder too. Nowadays it seems that if a band has some audible influences from a classic band it is either "total worship" or "complete rip-off". Double guitar harmonies are always Iron Maiden, falsettos are King Diamond etc.
"Planet Earth is great to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there"
MAGIC METAL MYSTICAL EXPERIENCE
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

...And yet when you find a new obscure 80s band that sounds like a carbon copy of Iron Maiden it's "an underground gem" :roll:
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance