Razorwyre - Another Dimension

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Marken

Razorwyre - Another Dimension

Post by Marken »

New band from New Zealand playing great 80's style heavy/speed metal. I received the cd from Inferno Records some days ago, and it really impressed me.
Watching them at the Keep It True-festival next year will hopefully be the highlight, along with the mighty Steel Prophet.

Check it out!

The Infinite/Desert Inferno:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMhkkvcB ... ure=relmfu

Nightblade:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3viVVc68 ... re=related

Trigger

Post by Trigger »

This band will become great if they keep on working, one of the very best albums this year, not old school but based on the tried and true recipe and ingredients. I hope their live performance is as strong as I imagine it to be.
Never trust the Goblin King....
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

The vinyl by Underground Power is awesome too. I was just lucky enough to grab a copy before the first pressing sold out. Kiwi metal reigns supreme!
Shimrod

Post by Shimrod »

Nice artwork. Who did it?
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Shimrod wrote:Nice artwork. Who did it?
Nick Keller
daniel

Post by daniel »

Don't see what sets them apart from any other newer bands... In one ear out the other I'm afraid.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Marken

Post by Marken »

daniel wrote:Don't see what sets them apart from any other newer bands... In one ear out the other I'm afraid.
I agree that they are not original, special or anything like that. In my opinion it's simply put great heavy/speed metal with good songs, like many other new bands. Just out of curiosity, which newer bands do you prefer?
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Who cares original or not, if this was all about, you would only listen to 10 bands and after a while no more metal. The matter is if they could write good songs and perform them appropriately. More than half of the album is top notch in their case, while the rest are great catchy and enjoyable songs. Now one ear in out the other, I'd like to know what stays in, out of curiosity again.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Originality, that's not a requirement and didn't mention it. Thing is there are plenty bands to listen to without even caring about any new ones, and more old bands to discover, I don't need a contemporary band to be a fan of to make my life complete, but I'm not averse to liking anything just because it's new either. In short about these guys, to me it's a big so what if they do things well, they just try to sound like older bands that do it better, granted this is also a "mood" thing because sometimes I might enjoy such for a while you know, but not in general, and it's strange people think you "should". It isn't necessarily very logical.

Not sure about new bands... I like Borrowed Time... bunch of others, sorry can't recall much right now my head isn't too clear :?
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Speedeceiver

Post by Speedeceiver »

I really enjoyed this album. My favorite of the year thus far. Ton's of great vocal melodies and hooky riffs under a powerful sounding production.

Although i would give the award for most original album so far this year to Wrathblade. Such a barbaric sounding album.
Marken

Post by Marken »

Yes, the Wrathblade-album is also one of many great releases this year.
Dying Victims Prod

Post by Dying Victims Prod »

not really sure if they mean the band seriously given the previous name of the band, but i was pleasently surprised when i played that album. good stuff!
www.dyingvictims.com

Thrash Attack zine
Dying Victims Productions
Demonic_Crossfire

Post by Demonic_Crossfire »

Killer album, the vinyl version sold out in no time. Great live band also.
Hells Vomit Productions - New Zealand - www.facebook.com/hvp666
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

They used to be called Gaywyre and released an EP called Coming Out... :?

I agree with daniel, nothing that really sticks or sets tham apart from similar bands.