Muskelrock 2013

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

One of Sweden's greatest (or better say best) are playing there, damn!
Never trust the Goblin King....
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Ironhead wrote:I couldn't watch RAM thanks to the weather, had to run to my sleeping bag and cry myself to sleep. At least now it seems that it'll be much better a spring this year, now just let the rumours about Death SS be true!! When I said that to Tyrant of Nifelheim last week, he looked quite suspicious, like knowing something...! I'm quite sure Solstice is playing, been hoping to see them live.
Solstice would be GREAT!

We have +29° Centigrade here right now, so I'm quite confident it'll be warmer this year.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Luis

Post by Luis »

Ironhead wrote:I couldn't watch RAM thanks to the weather, had to run to my sleeping bag and cry myself to sleep. At least now it seems that it'll be much better a spring this year, now just let the rumours about Death SS be true!! When I said that to Tyrant of Nifelheim last week, he looked quite suspicious, like knowing something...! I'm quite sure Solstice is playing, been hoping to see them live.
I vaguely remember standing in the rain getting drenched during Raven and having a blast, while waiting for RAM to come on stage. Even with the pouring rain, they delivered a monumental performance!

Muskel time is nigh!
scandinavian-assault

Post by scandinavian-assault »

NIFELHEIM are confirmed! It will be nice to see their new line-up! ... and the ever persistent rumour of DEATH SS playing... let's hope they really do come!
Headbanger, Earthdog, Rivet Head, Hell Rat & Metal Maniac!
Ironhead

Post by Ironhead »

My 7th Nifelheim concert to come then, very stoked about this! Their new lineup plays well, the Tormentor addition is just fascinating. The cover they play melts brains, went to see them in Stockholm earlier this month.
I just wonder how they'll fit to the carneval stage at Muskelrock :lol:
The Devil is within us all...
Ieltxumetal

Post by Ieltxumetal »

Bane wrote:Have you ever paid in to see a movie without knowing the plot? Or how it was rated by critics? I'm a big Steven Soderbergh fan and I went to see his most recent movie "Side Effects" without knowing a single thing about it. I decided to take the risk based on the fact that I love his previous movies, and it paid off - I loved it. I feel the same way about Muskelrock. I've enjoyed every year I've been and each line-up has been fantastic so I'm happy to take the risk this year.

I can totally understand the point about it being useful to know what bands are playing in advance so you can do some research on them beforehand. I wouldn't argue against that logic at all. It's not a big issue for me though, as Muskelrock is pretty much the only festival where I end up checking out at least 90% of the bands (regardless of whether I've heard anything by them). It has the perfect environment for this: a great stage area where you can bring in your own beer, sit in the grass, and just chill out.

And really, like people have already said, the atmosphere at Muskelrock is unbeatable and for me it's a great opportunity to meet up with friends I only get to see once per year (if even!). So it's a no-brainer.
The only difference is that a film costs me 10€ and for the trip to Muskelrock I have already spent 400 and I'm still at home...

Anyway, with what I know, it's more than enough
scandinavian-assault

Post by scandinavian-assault »

DEATHSTORM and TYGERS OF PAN TANG are confirmed according to my friend Peter at I Hate headquarters. Also rumours of Jeff Beccerra's POSSESSED.

Soon we'll know for sure!

Can we hope to see Attila joining NIFELHEIM for a few TORMENTOR songs?!
Headbanger, Earthdog, Rivet Head, Hell Rat & Metal Maniac!
TheUnborn

Post by TheUnborn »

Actually never attended Muskelrock before, but this time around I'll give it a shot. Really looking forward to it!
Bane

Post by Bane »

I'll see some of you on Thursday! It's my turn to spoon-feed Dan some food this time...
GJ

Post by GJ »

Have fun, you lucky bastards!
mordred

Post by mordred »

Taking the monstrous half hour drive tomorrow! :D

I hope Aria kicked ass in Finland yesterday and will do so tomorrow as well.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Too many pages to browse, but you'll get to see Zone Zero. Does anyone know if Heavy Load are playing there too?
Never trust the Goblin King....
Ironhead

Post by Ironhead »

ARIA was great yesterday! Must see them at Muskelrock again, soon the trip starts with the newest and finest boat of Viking Line, activating the nasty savage mode.
The Devil is within us all...
Oliver/KIT

Post by Oliver/KIT »

How many people were at the finnish Aria show?
TheUnborn

Post by TheUnborn »

Killer to see that IN SOLITUDE is playing. One of the best livebands these days, will be fantastic to see them again!
Last edited by TheUnborn on Wed May 29, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.