Muskelrock 2013

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Ieltxumetal

Post by Ieltxumetal »

Oliver/KIT wrote:
mordred wrote:
Oliver/KIT wrote:Sometimes I think you guys have never been at shows in the 80ies and early 90ies...
So you're implying a fair bit of KIT attendants and/or forum regulars are not in their 40's but actually younger than that... yeah, that's probably something you can safely assume. :D
No, I just wanted to point out that the situations at concerts nowadays are like paradise compared to the ones in the prime time of metal. Back then you did not need any surroundings..just metal... :D
And I'm sure if we go back to the 70's the sound was horrible 90% of the times, but we are lucky that things improve among the years
Divine Victim

Post by Divine Victim »

daniel wrote:? I was just being utterly realistic about the situation. You think I'd actually borrow money just to see him after all these years?
It just seemed a really redundant thing to throw into a conversation about a music festival - why would anyone care about this unaffordable strategy of yours?

Back on topic I agree with Oliver that a fest should be judged on bands first and atmosphere second, and this year's billing was perhaps a bit thin on the ground. I was impressed with the overall package though - a good festival has to be more than just an appetizing list of bands on a poster after all.
daniel

Post by daniel »

I'm so surprised you picked up on it, being in the band and all. I wonder if the people currently in Solstice ever get embarrassed by the shit Rich talks, though granted, he's been pretty quiet online lately.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Bane

Post by Bane »

Muskelrock was amazing fun. It wasn't the best Muskelrock line-up I've been to but this years KIT wasn't the best either (for me) so.. ?? Who gives a shit. There was PLENTY of quality bands.

Some of the standout were Dark Quarterer, Procession, Jex Thoth, Aria, Vampire (!!), Dead Lord, Witch Cross, Solstice, Zone Zero, Quartz.. all great. Vampire impressed the hell out of me in particular.

Like it or not, there's more to a festival than just watching bands for most people. It's a huge social gathering. In a perfect world you would watch every band you wanted to see, drink enough beer but not enough that you would forget anything, speak to everyone you wanted to meet & speak to, eat the right amount of meat + vegetables, have regular bowel movements...

This isn't a perfect world.

I love KIT but Muskelrock is a completely different festival in many ways. Stage set-up, crowd, atmosphere, booze policy (being able to bring your own booze into the stage area is fantastic)...

Different is nice.
anthares

Post by anthares »

Bane wrote:Vampire impressed the hell out of me in particular.
It was pretty good. Like it was in Belo Horizonte -87 or something.
Also Deathstorm was good. Sounded pretty much like Merciless.
Ironhead

Post by Ironhead »

Really regret my drinking frenzy on Thursday now... Only saw Aria and don't remember that well enough. Should have checked Vampire and definitely Procession but no can do. I want to obtain some Dark Quarterer now!
Personal highlights for me were, naturally, Nifelheim and Solstice.
The Devil is within us all...