Muskelrock 2013

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

mordred wrote:I know it's a fair point, but maybe we all just need to man up, grab a drink and go watch a few songs from a band we've never heard of instead of just being negative in advance.
Sure. But I still miss just ONE good reason for having a secret line-up?

The audience think it's stupid, those bands I know think it's stupid. It seems like everyone besides the organisers thinks it's a stupid idea.

I just don't get it.

And I don't get why we are not allowed to express our oppinion about this?
Satrapold

Post by Satrapold »

snaps666 wrote:And I don't get why we are not allowed to express our oppinion about this?
Where is this specifically denied, and are there penalties involved?
"Planet Earth is great to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there"
MAGIC METAL MYSTICAL EXPERIENCE
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

snaps666 wrote:just ONE good reason for having a secret line-up
I've still yet to find one after 9 pages...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

People are obviously having a good time there regardless of the line-up, so, secret one or not, most of them will probably support the festival and whatever the organizers decide.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

But there are other festivals that actually announce the lineup.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Bane

Post by Bane »

Have you ever paid in to see a movie without knowing the plot? Or how it was rated by critics? I'm a big Steven Soderbergh fan and I went to see his most recent movie "Side Effects" without knowing a single thing about it. I decided to take the risk based on the fact that I love his previous movies, and it paid off - I loved it. I feel the same way about Muskelrock. I've enjoyed every year I've been and each line-up has been fantastic so I'm happy to take the risk this year.

I can totally understand the point about it being useful to know what bands are playing in advance so you can do some research on them beforehand. I wouldn't argue against that logic at all. It's not a big issue for me though, as Muskelrock is pretty much the only festival where I end up checking out at least 90% of the bands (regardless of whether I've heard anything by them). It has the perfect environment for this: a great stage area where you can bring in your own beer, sit in the grass, and just chill out.

And really, like people have already said, the atmosphere at Muskelrock is unbeatable and for me it's a great opportunity to meet up with friends I only get to see once per year (if even!). So it's a no-brainer.
Le fjump

Post by Le fjump »

The more I listen to the negative critic the more exited I get about the festival.

I have been there all 4 years and think it is THE best festival in Sweden without any competition.

Really looking forward to the festival now!
My steel isn´t true and that makes me a sad panda...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

As long as it isn't as cold as last year, I'm sure I'll be happy.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
GJ

Post by GJ »

This festival is purely for Cliff Richards anal excavation tour travellers.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Getting hot Fjumpster?
Bane

Post by Bane »

Le fjump wrote:The more I listen to the negative critic the more exited I get about the festival.

I have been there all 4 years and think it is THE best festival in Sweden without any competition.

Really looking forward to the festival now!
It's not only the best festival in Sweden but I regard it as the second best underground festival in the whole of Europe!! (Hells Pleasure holds the number one position for me)
Le fjump

Post by Le fjump »

GJ wrote:Getting hot Fjumpster?
My Crystal ball tells me I will be living in a camping car far away from the whinings of mr Khnud with friends.
My steel isn´t true and that makes me a sad panda...
Ironhead

Post by Ironhead »

Muskelrock 2013 seems to be pissing more people off than Euronymous.
The Devil is within us all...
daniel

Post by daniel »

I don't see what it matters to you if you're going. The people annoyed about the withheld lineup have a valid point, as valid a point as the people who say they are going because they trust the organisers and will enjoy it for the usual crowd anyway.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Bane wrote:Have you ever paid in to see a movie without knowing the plot? Or how it was rated by critics? I'm a big Steven Soderbergh fan and I went to see his most recent movie "Side Effects" without knowing a single thing about it. I decided to take the risk based on the fact that I love his previous movies, and it paid off - I loved it. I feel the same way about Muskelrock. I've enjoyed every year I've been and each line-up has been fantastic so I'm happy to take the risk this year.
This is not comparable, as you still know WHAT movie you are going to see.