Muskelrock 2013

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
SavageGrace

Post by SavageGrace »

This is indeed a very special festival. I hope they keep the lineup hidden every year from now on!
Le fjump

Post by Le fjump »

Yeah...! And I hope they change location every year and dont reveal that either!
My steel isn´t true and that makes me a sad panda...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Bane wrote:Avenger will never understand. He would have to leave his mothers basement and go to an actual festival in order to see what we mean.
Is this supposed to be funny or demoralizing? If it was true it might be but honestly whom are you trying to fool? If you are looking for a pissing contest, I'm willing to bet my standard of living is higher then yours and that I have accomplished more thus far in my life then you have.

Argue with truth not fantasy.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Dark Stranger wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Dark Stranger wrote:
People aren't going to love every single headliner at every single festival. I don't like The Devil's Blood, and they headlined last year. Didn't bother me - I went and drank cans with a bunch of Norwegians.

/Point unproven.
If all you are going for is to drink then you can do that at a bar without having to travel for a lot cheaper. You can’t argue that people attend festivals first and foremost for the music. If the line-up is shit, why bother going? Any other activities can be done elsewhere.

Like I said in the past, it's sad that a festival has to resort to gimmicks and it's even sadder that people support this.
Read my post properly. I would obviously rather go booze than watch a band I don't like. And if you ever bothered to travel to a festival you'd be amazed at the amount of people who do actually go to a festival for the fun and atmosphere and don't even buy a ticket - HOA had to outlaw that this year.
I comprehend your post just fine. You are just failing to see the point I am making. If you are at a MUSIC festival should you not enjoy the MUSIC? How do you know that this will be the case if you do not know who is playing? Do you buy tickets for local gigs as well just to sit around and drink even if the band is complete shit? If not, then why take that risk for this festival?

Regarding HOA, the team behind that festival understands this concept. They only want people there that actually enjoy and would pay for the music.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Bottom line here, you guys are supporting a brand. A brand that can do no wrong in your eyes because you are blinded by loyalty. The organizers of said brand are now using a gimmick regarding the most important aspect of the festival and you can't see past that because you are all apparently too true to care.
GJ

Post by GJ »

...opinions. Each to his own. If the people who buy tickets to Muskelrock won't feel cheated, well then they aren't. As for me, I won't go there under these premises, that's for sure. In the end I might be the one feeling cheated. :wink:
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I'd rather risk going to a so-so festival than risk missing out on a great one. So for me it's quite easy, I'm going. It might be easier for me to take the risk considering I don't have to spend anything to get there, but apparently some people who come from abroad are willing to take the same risks.

If you want to call me a brand supporter and "too true to care", Avenger, go right ahead. Thing is, even if the line up turns out to be a dud, I'll still have fun. To me, festivals are both about music and socializing, and believe it or not - it's like that for a lot of people. I know it doesn't work that way for you, but I hope you can put things in someone else's perspective and realize others might appreciate the things you don't.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
daniel

Post by daniel »

God what a stupid discussion again. I can't afford this festival, and no I don't think it's "cool" they keep the line-up a secret but why I bothered posting was to say of course people go to festivals for more than the fucking music, GOD, is it that hard to comprehend. Sometimes you get to see people you hardly ever do, or for the first time, and for me most bands aren't that interesting anyway so they just become background music to having a good time with nice people. There is nothing similar to sitting in a club paying for expensive drinks when you can be out in the sun chatting to new people drinking your own drinks etc., it's a different experience and sometimes it's just the sort of thing you want one or two times a year(don't visit many outdoor fests).
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

I go to lots of festivals and if I see 25% of the bands, I would call it a success.

I prefer meeting with old friends, making new friends and just having a good time than to see each and every band. So I wouldn't be that put off by a secret bill.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Same here, I attend With Full Force fest every year since 2002 and I don't care about 99% of the bands on the bill !
But I can't miss it ! What a great time I have every year, partying with friends and having fun there !
Dark Stranger

Post by Dark Stranger »

Yep - as said above, festivals are as much about the fun as they are the music. We're obviously not as true as Avenger, who will sit through every single band and not talk to friends.

And we're confident about the hidden lineup because every other incarnation has been a killer lineup. "Loyalty" my arse, "Trust" is what it is. If Muskelrock happened to put together a shit lineup, nobody would ever go back, so if they're confident enough in what they're doing, that's good enough for me.

Out of interest Avenger, what festivals did you hit last year? Or gigs? Obviously your standard of living is much better than mine or Bane's. I hit twelve in total, what about you?
Luis

Post by Luis »

Not only am I waiting for a reply to Dark Stranger's comment above me, tell us, Avenger, just who do you think you are to lecture us on the reasons to attend a festival?

Muskelrock's line ups have shown beyond doubt what they stand for and what they will be delivering this year. You do not have to go, that's fine. You do not even have to like the festival or the way it is run, that's also fine. What you could do, however, is keep your mouth shut rather than spew venom all over the place like the sorry piece of ass you are.

The people who run Muskelrock have proven their worth in past editions, as people have been trying to point out to you, they have organised some of the greatest weekends a lot of us have experienced. It was certainly the case for me last year when I attended it for the first time.

I am still unsure whether you mean what you say at all, or are just trying to rile people up, or even if you have ever even attended any kind of event that required you to be out of reach of a computer to immediately pronounce judgement on it (of course, only after every band had played every note of every song). Internet warriors like you are the plague of forums like these, ready to judge but never anywhere to be seen.

In summary: Avenger, get bent.
xr2m

Post by xr2m »

Here's something I've always wondered about, but this thread is the perfect place to post this. Why do so many people on forums really feel the need to argue and and have the last word just to make themselves feel better about their points of view? Why will some people pathologically argue things just in the lame attempt to convince others of why they can't possibly be right?

Of course it goes on pretty much anywhere on the internet, but if you really think that if you post a million times about how Muskelrock and its supporters aren't on board for the right reasons, that someone willl suddenly react "Wow, I've been wrong all along!" Nope, that will never happen. While I'm not attending Muskelrock myself this year, it sounds pretty fun and like something I'd like to do in the future regardless of the lineup.

I guess this is mostly posted towards Avenger (as most comments have been). Just curious, are you like this in real life, and not just the Internet? If we disagreed on some "cult" record, could you let it go or would you spend all of your time trying to convince me that I'm wrong for not liking it? Because that's what I get from your contributions to this thread, and I'm sure that's what others here are annoyed with.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Dark Stranger wrote:Yep - as said above, festivals are as much about the fun as they are the music. We're obviously not as true as Avenger, who will sit through every single band and not talk to friends.

And we're confident about the hidden lineup because every other incarnation has been a killer lineup. "Loyalty" my arse, "Trust" is what it is. If Muskelrock happened to put together a shit lineup, nobody would ever go back, so if they're confident enough in what they're doing, that's good enough for me.

Out of interest Avenger, what festivals did you hit last year? Or gigs? Obviously your standard of living is much better than mine or Bane's. I hit twelve in total, what about you?
This is part of the problem. You seem to think that "standard of living" implies or is determined entirely by how many gigs one attends. This is irrelevant.

However, to answer your question, 5 or 6 that I could actually justify paying money for which isn't bad based on my geographical location. I don't live in Europe where all the big festivals with worthy bands tour or reunite just to play there and taking a week off and forking out a grand for a flight isn't a viable option. This again brings me back to my original point. If a festival isn’t going to announce a line-up how can one in my situation decide to attend? That would be an economically stupid decision.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Luis wrote:Not only am I waiting for a reply to Dark Stranger's comment above me, tell us, Avenger, just who do you think you are to lecture us on the reasons to attend a festival?

Muskelrock's line ups have shown beyond doubt what they stand for and what they will be delivering this year. You do not have to go, that's fine. You do not even have to like the festival or the way it is run, that's also fine. What you could do, however, is keep your mouth shut rather than spew venom all over the place like the sorry piece of ass you are.

The people who run Muskelrock have proven their worth in past editions, as people have been trying to point out to you, they have organised some of the greatest weekends a lot of us have experienced. It was certainly the case for me last year when I attended it for the first time.

I am still unsure whether you mean what you say at all, or are just trying to rile people up, or even if you have ever even attended any kind of event that required you to be out of reach of a computer to immediately pronounce judgement on it (of course, only after every band had played every note of every song). Internet warriors like you are the plague of forums like these, ready to judge but never anywhere to be seen.

In summary: Avenger, get bent.
News flash, this is a public forum. I can say what ever the hell I want. If what I say offends you then do not read it. It's a simply concept really.