COLDSTEEL - 20 Years NY Thrash: The Demo Anthology (RWH #4)

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Avenger

Post#16 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:43 am

Prowler wrote:And yezz, there are sooooooo many 80's corpses to dig out, why the hell Coldsteel? Why why why?
Go to the Rabid (Can) myspace site if you want to play Samarithan and release their demos on CD! Then at least a band that deserved it gets a re-release, but not crap like Coldsteel ... :lol:
I'm not sure how the Coldsteel contract came to be but I know that Iordan has said in the past that bands also contact him looking to release their material. Perhaps this was the case? Either way, I have seen many people recommend that Iordan release XYZ band on his label but ultimately it comes down many factors. Not every band can be contacted and a deal signed at the drop of a hat.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

Oliver/KIT

Post#17 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:32 pm

Cold Steel may be not the best planet on the earth, but for sure its not crap. Especially their demos are great power thrash. The album was mediocre. I really dig this release a lot.

Stormspell

Post#18 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:23 am

It all goes down to the fact that I like Coldsteel demos. And if I have learned anything in this business, Coldsteel will be one of the top sellers in this batch. Mark my words.

Shadow Kingdom

Post#19 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:33 pm

GandALF wrote:It all goes down to the fact that I like Coldsteel demos. And if I have learned anything in this business, Coldsteel will be one of the top sellers in this batch. Mark my words.
Definitely. Nobody buys good releases like Xinr, they'll buy the crap ones instead (not saying this is crap, never heard them before). :lol:

Avenger

Post#20 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:59 am

Xinr's biggest fan base is probably here on the Corroseum which is a shame.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."