MARQUIS DE SADE-Somewhere Up in the Mountains LP HRR

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
MEXDefenderOfSteel

MARQUIS DE SADE-Somewhere Up in the Mountains LP HRR

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Prayers of steel have been heard! i didnt know about it until a couple of days ago buying some stuff from High Roller website. Like i have stated before,this kind of releases always makes me happy, no reason to pay stupidly high money for this piece of art anymore...ill keep praying for Mendes Prey and Charger ha!

You guys think the price of the original ones will go down?
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

I forgot about this...is it out yet? Absolute must-have.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Dodens Grav wrote:I forgot about this...is it out yet? Absolute must-have.
seems schedule for september
daniel

Post by daniel »

There is already another release of these same tracks on HRR from 2005, which I have. So this just has an insert and different cover, pointless for me to get it. Seeing as the previous issue didn't affect the price why should this, besides it's a 12" compilation.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

daniel wrote:There is already another release of these same tracks on HRR from 2005, which I have. So this just has an insert and different cover, pointless for me to get it. Seeing as the previous issue didn't affect the price why should this, besides it's a 12" compilation.
I have that LP as well. It is a bootleg, so I guess that´s why it is reissued....Don´t think I´ll buy it...
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

Exactly the point...the first MdS release for High Roller was a bootleg. This is official.
daniel

Post by daniel »

That's absurd... So the same company first puts out a bootleg, then later an official version, and some people might buy it a second time because it's now legit and appeals to their sense of "duty"... And the label gets payed again...
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I have to agree with daniel on this one. It's just a sad attempt at a money grab. If the label had any morals they would pay for those that bought the apparent bootleg copies to ship them back and replace them with this new "legit" pressing for free.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

daniel wrote:That's absurd... So the same company first puts out a bootleg, then later an official version, and some people might buy it a second time because it's now legit and appeals to their sense of "duty"... And the label gets payed again...
As far as I know it is not entirely HRR to blame for that bootleg. They had allegedly been told they had the rights to the relase the MdS stuff, and it wasn`t quite so. Joe Pangallo was involved in that release, wasn`t he? I think the similar case was with the first Sparta compilation.
I do not have the bootleg, I will buy that release in the future. Only that those shipping costs from HRR scare me off :?
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

Herkus Monte wrote:
daniel wrote:That's absurd... So the same company first puts out a bootleg, then later an official version, and some people might buy it a second time because it's now legit and appeals to their sense of "duty"... And the label gets payed again...
As far as I know it is not entirely HRR to blame for that bootleg. They had allegedly been told they had the rights to the relase the MdS stuff, and it wasn`t quite so. Joe Pangallo was involved in that release, wasn`t he? I think the similar case was with the first Sparta compilation.

...and the Hell compilation on HRR
MEXDefenderOfSteel

sorry, i didnt know about the boot version,good thing ill only pay once for it :D
GJ

Post by GJ »

Well High Roller did start out somewhat shady. But I belive they learned their lesson and have done well to make amends.

I had to make a list to try and sort things out about their early releases with bands that later have gotten legit releases in different form. Three out of four of these were released on Hades Paradise and distributed by HRR. The info was mostly taken from Musik-Sammler.de. Here it is if anyone's interested:

Marquis De Sade

S/T
Hades Paradise/High Roller Records
HP 004

Somewhere Up In The Mountains
Black Angel
Living In The Ice Age
Welcome To The Graveyard
London Air

High Roller Redords
HRR 242
2012 (to be released in September)

Somewhere up in the Mountains
Black Angel
Welcome to the Graveyard
London Air
Living in the Ice Age
Somewhere up in the Mountains

Sparta

S/T
HP 006

Rock Don't Roll
Boy King
Fast Lane
Angel Of Death
Tonight
Lords Of Time
Fighting To Be Free

Use your weapons well
High Roller Records
HRR 188

Fast Lane
Fighting To Be Free
Angel Of Death
Tonight
Lords Of Time
Rock For You
Gods Of War
Street Walking
Shady Lady
Lady Evil
Hot Rock

Crossfire
In League
Welcome To My Nightmare
Legends
Assassin
Dr. Bill
Lord And Master
Rich Bitch
Wild Touch
Trees And Fields

Rock Don't Roll
Boy King
Fast Lane (Alternate Take)
Tonight (Alternate Take)

Urchin

S/T
High Roller Records
HRR 001

She's A Roller
Long Time No Woman
Black Leather Fantasy
Rock & Roll Woman
See Right Through You
See Right Through You
Walking Out On You
Watch Me Walk Away
The Latest Show
Life Time

High Roller
High Roller Records
HRR 001 (same as above bootleg)

Keeping It Mellow
Life In The City
Watch Me Walk Away
Countdown
Livetime
The Late Show
My Lady
Animals

Get up and get out
High Roller Records
HRR 212

Madman
Need Somebody
Get Up And Get Out
Little Girl
Countdown
Lifetime
Don't Ask Me
Suicide

Black Leather Fantasy
Rock & Roll Woman
She's A Roller
Long Time No Woman

Demon Pact

S/T
HP 005

Waiting For The Lady
Escape
Aint No Woman
Demon Pact
Eaten Alive
Raiders

Released from Hell
High Roller Records
HRR 104

Demon Pact
Raiders
Eaten Alive
Ain't No Woman Made A Fool Out Of Me
Physical Feedback
Escape
Cry Witchcraft
Physical Feedback
No Class
Losing
Sick Child
Ain't No Woman Made A Fool (Remix)
Demon Pact (Remix)
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Uh, my question is how do you not know if you have the rights to release something or not? Do you not have the copyright holder sign a contract with the stipulations?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

So the Hades Paradise one is a bootleg?!?! I never knew that. I'm not buying it again though!!
Professor Black

Post by Professor Black »

Avenger wrote:Uh, my question is how do you not know if you have the rights to release something or not? Do you not have the copyright holder sign a contract with the stipulations?
No idea about this specific case, but all kinds of things can happen. Sometimes one bandmember can mistakenly represent that he is the sole rightsholder. Or sometimes a band can mistakenly assume a label's ownership has expired, etc. Bands do not always understand the contracts they sign. Likewise a lot of people in underground business do not have a good understanding of the laws and principles around copyright when they start out. Some learn and change their ways, some will never care, etc.

Anyway, Mendes Prey have received offers from a number of interested labels but have not chosen to take any action as of yet.

I talked to the HRR guys about some of my wishes, ha, and they were not familiar with Charger. I have tried to contact someone from Charger to ask permission to print some shirts, but no response.

They (HRR) told me about a great NWOBHM item in the pipeline though, a title everyone here knows but with some very tasty extras. I hope it is announced soon because I can't keep it secret forever...