Jewels of Gwahlur - new demo series

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Stormspell

Jewels of Gwahlur - new demo series

Post by Stormspell »

Last edited by Stormspell on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

First two volumes shape up to be GRAVEN RITE and DEMON BITCH. More to follow.

If you know bands which could fit, please encourage them to get in touch, thanks!
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

CDs or tapes?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Dodens Grav wrote:CDs or tapes?
CDs, both bands have released tapes on their own already (or will release them very shortly)
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Cover-artwork for the upcoming "Jewels of Gwahlur" cd series, dedicated to current demo bands playing in the vein of the olde.

Come, Thulsa Doom awaits thee on the Stygian shore...

Upcoming volumes:
Volume 1: DEMON BITCH - occult heavy metal from Detroit, Michigan
Volume 2: GRAVEN RITE - arcane heavy metal from Austin, Texas

Bands interested to participate, get in touch: metal@stormspell.com

Serous bands only, playing classic 80s heavy/power/speed/epic doom metal please!
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Looking forward to Graven Rite.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I'm going to launch the JoG series next. It's been awhile and its time to get all volumes out of the way altogether, provided I can get all materials ready in time. Expected release date is end of March, so I can ship some boxes to Helle Mueller and have them available at KIT.

To battle insane usps shipping costs and make 'em a bit more unique and collectible, I'm going to make those in a special slim poly durable packaging, emulating ancient tome book on the outside, and having a regular booklet insert with actual demo artwork and cds on the inside.

Strictly limited to 500 hand-numbered copies, retail price would be $5.99

So far I have the following in the works. Hopefully we can get all of those out in this batch:

Volume 1: DEMON BITCH - occult heavy metal from Detroit, Michigan
Volume 2: GRAVEN RITE - arcane heavy metal from Austin, Texas
Volume 3: BATTLESCARS - epic raw heavy metal for Ironsword and Motorhead worshippers
Volume 4: VIGILANCE - heavy/speed NWOBHM influenced metal for early Iron Maiden fans (Dianno era)
Volume 5: VISIGOTH - melodic metal extravaganza for Dokken and Fifth Angel Fans
Volume 6: WILDHUNT - Teutonic 80's heavy/power madness for Drifter, Risk, Paradox, S.D.I. fans
Shimrod

Post by Shimrod »

GandALF wrote: To battle insane usps shipping costs and make 'em a bit more unique and collectible, I'm going to make those in a special slim poly durable packaging, emulating ancient tome book on the outside, and having a regular booklet insert with actual demo artwork and cds on the inside.
I don't see how it would look like. Any pictures to give an idea?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Pictures as soon as the products are manufactured
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Is this going to be like a mini digi-book?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I'm happy to announce I've added another killer volume to the series: the mighty TERMINUS from Belfast. You can check their entire demo here: http://terminusni.bandcamp.com/
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Terminus is sounding really good.

Do you have any plans in attempting to sign Illegal Bodies for this series?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Not at the moment. I shall decide if I want to pursue this further once I see how the first batch fares. I do have a foot-long list already, in case the series took off and recoup enough investments to be carried on.

Some great lo-fi stuff on that list too which easily blows IB out of the water, in my personal opinion of course.
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

GandALF wrote:I'm happy to announce I've added another killer volume to the series: the mighty TERMINUS from Belfast. You can check their entire demo here: http://terminusni.bandcamp.com/
Great! I guess they won't be out with the first wave of releases, will they?
By the way, the release date (end of March) of the first six is still valid?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Presently I'm working on 4 regular thrash releases to get out first: REIGN OF FURY, STEEL AGGRESSOR II, TRAITOR, ALGEBRA

I got the last materials I needed for those yesterday, so all that is left is to make the layouts and send to pressing plant. I'd say those will be out "fairly soon"

Then I'll crank a JoG batch. I haven't decided yet how many volumes I'll do, it all depends of how much funds I'll have at my disposal at the time, plus I don't want to spread myself too thin as I would like to have next RWH batch in time for HOA and I'll need at least another $5K to see to that...

Therefore, I'll probably do 3 to 6 volumes to start with. I already got everything required from the following bands: GRAVEN RITE, WILDHUNT, GLADIUS, TERMINUS. I hope to add to that list VIGILANCE and DEMON BITCH, if those bands manage to hook me up with the materials in time. I'd say those would be released sometime "soon-ish", fate permitting of course