Jewels of Gwahlur - new demo series

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

GandALF wrote:Not at the moment. I shall decide if I want to pursue this further once I see how the first batch fares. I do have a foot-long list already, in case the series took off and recoup enough investments to be carried on.

Some great lo-fi stuff on that list too which easily blows IB out of the water, in my personal opinion of course.
Fair enough. Hopefully I will have the economy to order most of these upcoming ones, they look really tasty.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Thanks, at $5.99 retail price I hope more people would be able to afford those. As far as the series sell enough to recoup, I'll keep it going and eventually may get to the Illegal Bodies too (unless some fellow label beats me up to it). Personally I don't think it is that good, but it certainly will fit on the series quite well.
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

I don't want to influence your plans about Illegal Bodies, but the band had a self made CDr (with a cover) for sale that covered in an extent the demand and might affect the number of sales if you choose to release it. As a matter of fact I bought it myself for 6 $ and despite of being total cheap and shitty, it's unlikely to replace it even for a superior in quality edition (like yours).
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Priamos wrote:I don't want to influence your plans about Illegal Bodies, but the band had a self made CDr (with a cover) for sale that covered in an extent the demand and might affect the number of sales if you choose to release it. As a matter of fact I bought it myself for 6 $ and despite of being total cheap and shitty, it's unlikely to replace it even for a superior in quality edition (like yours).
Well, that sucks. I know I for one would buy the silver pressed CD even if I had the CD-R. But I can see how this would affect the market in a bad way as a whole.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I've listen to the whole serie a few days ago.
Congrats for the great work ! 5 bands are great !
TERMINUS and GRAVEN RITE blew my mind !!
Did you plan to release a full length of those bands on Stormspell Records ?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Never say never, although at the moment I do not have further plans for JoG. Or at least not in the current format as it seems too many people are shunning them for not being a regular jewel case releases...

GRAVEN RITE is no more as far as I know, but I'd love to release full lengths from ETERNAL CHAMPION and/or TERMINUS, should the bands opt to continue working with me.

Having said that, we are going to release the upcoming full-length of GLADIUS, titled "Age of Barbarism."

I'm waiting on the upcoming international shipping price increase by USPS (announced to take effect on January 26th, but the actual prices are not yet revealed...) to figure out if I will be able to sell to overseas at all, and what my schedule would be according to that.
mordred

Post by mordred »

The prices you offer for international shipping today are amazingly low so another price hike shouldn't ruin the possibilities of business. The fact you are selling your cd's so cheap also compensates. I mean, in your last distro update I ordered the new releases of Rocka Rollas, Blazon Stone and Mortyr and despite the shipping I still got the package significantly cheaper than if I had ordered the discs straight from the band even though I live in Sweden like them. They still sold the cd's VERY cheap by Swedish standards but not nearly as cheap as you.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
leifkr

Post by leifkr »

Agreed, and I think your point is valid for most of Stormspell's customers in Scandinavian countries.
Shimrod

Post by Shimrod »

Agreed too and I pay for registered shipping on top of that. It's still way cheaper than buying from German distros for instance.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I'm with all the recent posters, your prices are well competitive. And if you release any Eternal Champion or Terminus material, just put them aside for me right now. Excellent bands.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

The thing with the current affordable shipping is I do absorb the actual shipping costs and any further increase, regardless how small, would break the proverbial camel back... I'm spread so thin, I'm practically working for the postal office as it is...

I do appreciate all good words and all the support! It's what keeps this label alive!

On a better unrelated news, speaking about bands like Terminus, I just inked a deal with a very promising local band - HOTFOG, a NWOBHM worship via San Francisco. Will release their new album "Secret Phantasies of the Dragon Sun" on cd.

Check their album here: http://hotfog.bandcamp.com/album/secret ... agon-sun-2
Speedeceiver

Post by Speedeceiver »

HOTFOG sound pretty cool! The NWOBHM influence is not very present, not complaining though, there is enough of that around.
Shimrod

Post by Shimrod »

Are the new releases (Paradox, Crusader and Owl) already out? If so, they will not be available in your shop before the 26th?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Yes, sorry, I'm mega-busy with other things right now and will update the store and start selling new releases in 2-3 weeks or thereabouts