Keep It True 16

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Glen

Post by Glen »

I always hear in person or through others about sound issues in KIT/HOD etc. It's high time someone gave the proper attention to such a crucial fact in a music festival.
"Spitting in the face of mainstream music"

Owner of Iron Horde Promotions
Organizer of the Malta Doom Metal Festival
http://www.maltadoom.com
darquos

Post by darquos »

Hi, here some of my impression (sorry, only in french) :

http://leshordesmetalliques.zikforum.co ... t-true-xvi
Pyrenean Metal
humus

Post by humus »

Musically a rather dissapointing edition. Still had loads of fun though. As usual I met nearly nobody from the forum, think I only had a chat with Dan (and at the time I was getting rather intoxicated too...)
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

Yeah, musically it wasn't the best KIT. Still had a great time though.
Enjoyed Midnight the most, which is odd as I don't really rate them but it was excellent live. I think the guitars were too low in the mix for most bands.
Still shattered after it so I can't even post a proper review! I'm getting too old for tents!
Good to meet Matt and Regis from here. We must have a proper chat next time.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

darquos wrote:Hi, here some of my impression (sorry, only in french) :

Very good report !
LaGouille

Post by LaGouille »

Aiden wrote:Good to meet Matt and Regis from here. We must have a proper chat next time.
Nice meeting you Aiden. Too bad the Morbid Saint noise has not allowed us to have a longer chat!

Angel Witch and Liege Lord were the two highlights to me. Also pretty much enjoyed Medieval Steel and Warlord. Would have loved to see Jack Starr but I missed it.

Can't wait to see Jag Panzer at KIT17 8)
Sammi Curr

Post by Sammi Curr »

mordred wrote:I seem to be the only one to think the second half of the Warlord show was much better than the first. Not only did the band seem a lot more shaky in the beginning and not only were the sound problems much more evident, they also ran through all their worst songs (Penny for a Poor Man, Winter Tears, Lost and Lonely Days and Soliloquy). By the time they got to the material off the new album the band sounded much better and more confident and after that they treated us with War in Heaven and Winds of Thor before the amazing encore of Lucifer's Hammer and Achille's Revenge.

Moreover, my most enjoyed show was Jack Starr's Burning Starr. Just pure class right through with a great set list, great sound and great vocals.
Completely agreed up to this point except for any of those songs being bad (all great!)
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

GJ wrote: Medieval Steel
Tstststs.
Medieval Steel is the ONLY band that released ONLY great songs till now ! But obviously this will change in june with the new CD. Still there will be some good songs and 1 really great one on it !

Medieval Steel where great they just played too much new songs.
Same for Warlord, but the old songs are just too great. The sound in the front rows where much better than behind in the hall, but still not very good.
Tsamis did not look motivated at all. The singer had some problems at the end.
For me Angel Witch had the same sound problems like Warlord and so i was very dissapointed.
Holocaust where horrible. Big dissapontement. Mortimer cannot sing anymore and so they play played everything heavier and somehow modern sounding.

Possessed where the big surprise to me. Brutal but still controled.
Also Air Raid where great. Other very good ones where Liege Lord, Evil Invaders, Attic, Steel Prophet, Eliminator and High Spirits.
mordred

Post by mordred »

tbieri wrote:Medieval Steel where great they just played too much new songs.
Same for Warlord,
Warlord played a mere four songs off the new album (one of which originates from the 1981 demo) and they played all the songs they recorded in the 80's. :roll:
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
darquos

Post by darquos »

omen of hate wrote:
darquos wrote:Hi, here some of my impression (sorry, only in french) :

Very good report !
Pyrenean Metal
Marken

Post by Marken »

GJ wrote:
Marken wrote:GJ - What a man Part II!
:) You're much too kind Anders! I'm really just the sjåför. I must say I thoroughly enjoyed being outnumbered by you, Knut, Leif and the entire bunch of Norsemen at the hotel in Beckstein. I definitely wouldn't mind doing it again! You were the kindest, and you made me feel so welcome. Schlusstand: Schweden 1 - Norwegen 9 :wink:
Now you are being much too nice, hehe. Great sjåfør, overall great guy with a nice and warming smile. Let's hope we get to meet again at Becksteiner Rebenhof next year :D

Already looking forward to Lethal. Will probably start crying as soon as they enter the stage.
Lama

Post by Lama »

After missing the 2012 edition it felt great to be back in Lauda. As all other editions I've attented to, this was once again an unforgettable experience. First and foremost because of the music, but also because of the happenings around the festival...too many too mention...

I really enjoyed the performances by High Spirits, Morbid Saint, Medieval Steel (what an atmosphere during THAT song!), Liege Lord, Midnight ("You Can't Stop Steel"...what a hit!), October 31, Legend, Steel - freak cabinet - Prophet (their finale of "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "Strange Encounter" was pure genius!) and Angel Witch (although the same setlist they're playing for a couple of years now, thus again no "Sweet Danger" :evil:, "Extermination Day" or a good newbie like "Geburah").

Biggest disappointments were 'Possessed' (bad sound, a lack of enthousiasm and a drummer who imitated Mike Sus a bit too hard :? ) and Warlord (ultra thin sound, no guitars, zero stage presence, no power and I didn't like the singer's voice).

Thanks - in part - to andreas (who's way more a 'social animal' than me), I met and got to talk to a lot of Corro-members, other 'metal collector mafia'-people and crazy metalheads (including King Fowley - a childhood hero - and beer lover Jim Hunter), who indeed - see GJ's post - all seemed to swarm around our Belgian beer- and food-stuffed vehicle. Really guys, an insane amount of high quality (and sometimes rather expensive) beers were digested by all of you last weekend! You should've seen the trunk Sunday morning...pure decadence! More of the same next year off course!

Already looking forward to Deceased (finally!!), Atlantean Kodex, Lethal, Iron Cross and Jag Panzer!
Kampel Destruction
anthares

Post by anthares »

Lama wrote:
Biggest disappointments were 'Possessed' (bad sound, a lack of enthousiasm and a drummer who imitated Mike Sus a bit too hard :? )
Ha ha! I think totally opposite! :)
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

My highlights were Legend, Possessed and Jack Starr. Too bad I've missed Morbid Saint.

Liege Lord "Master Control" and Steel Prophet is not my kind of music but their perfomances were great.

Medieval Steel was good but I don't like the new tracks; same with Warlord which was ok to my ears, nothing overwhelming.

It was great again meeting some board members from here and I had a big hangover the second day :x
Long Live The Loud !!!
Lama

Post by Lama »

anthares wrote:
Lama wrote:
Biggest disappointments were 'Possessed' (bad sound, a lack of enthousiasm and a drummer who imitated Mike Sus a bit too hard :? )
Ha ha! I think totally opposite! :)
Yeah, I noticed! Maybe I was expecting something completely different from their performance. However, my three comrades also thought it was quite bad, so...

Anyway, good for you! (They're getting a second chance the 4th of May in Belgium)
Kampel Destruction