Keep It True 16

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Heavy

Post by Heavy »

Since Rick Anderson (Damien King III from the 1984 demos) is doing the vocs. on the record, wouldn't he be the first choice for the live concerts as well. And speaking of Cans - I actually like his performance on 'Rising Out Of The Ashes'...
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Khnud wrote:I'm pretty sure some incarnation of the Damien King is singing.
Gay Lover King?
mordred

Post by mordred »

I'm sure it will be Damien King III.

Speakin of my gay lover King, minus the accent he sounds just like all the other Warlord singers anyway so it wouldn't make much of a difference. Not to mention he listened to Warlord when most of us were in daipers at best.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Oliver/KIT

Post by Oliver/KIT »

Hi Friends,

You are waiting for the final band confirmation for KEEP IT TRUE 16, right? And it was worth the wait, cause with ANGEL WITCH the billing is now complete. After years of trying we were finally able to book this great NWOBHM act and their comeback album “As Above So Below” turned out really amazing.

We could already sell almost 95% of the tickets for next year, but you can still get the last tickets easily through these mailorders:

http://www.nuclearblast.de

At Nuclear Blast you can get also an exclusive Package with a festival shirt from this years KIT in sizes L or XL. Here are the direct links:

http://www.nuclearblast.de/de/produkte/ ... .2013.html
http://www.nuclearblast.de/de/produkte/ ... .2013.html
And these are the other shops you can buy the tickets:

http://www.hellionrecords.de

http://www.underground-power.de

Here is now the final billing:

KEEP IT TRUE XVI 2013

WARLORD (USA)
LIEGE LORD (USA)
ANGELWITCH (UK)
POSSESSED (USA)
MEDIEVAL STEEL (USA)
(first and exclusive European Show)
HOLOCAUST (UK)
(Special Old School Show)
JACK STARR’s BURNING STARR (USA)
(Special Old School Show)
STEEL PROPHET (USA)
QUARTZ (UK)
MORBID SAINT (USA)
(First German Show)
LEGEND (UK)
(First German show)
OCTOBER 31 (USA)
MIDNIGHT (USA)
(exclusive German Show)
HIGH SPIRITS (USA)
TORANAGA (UK)
RAZORWYRE (NZL)
AIR RAID (SWE)
BORROWED TIME (USA)
ELIMINATOR (UK)
ATTIC (GER)

Tauberfrankenhalle Lauda-Koenigshofen
April 19th./20th 2013
http://www.keep-it-true.de
http://www.facebook.com/keepittruefestival

Metal On,

Oliver + Tarek
Marken

Post by Marken »

Will for sure watch Steel Prophet, Razorwyre and Air Raid.
Probably some Attic, Angel Witch, October 31, Toranaga and Borrowed Time too.

...and Riot is not dead, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for 2014...Riot and Lethal-tribute would be great.

The surviving members of the legendary American hard rock band RIOT have released a statement defending themselves against accusations of "cashing in" on the group's name following the passing of RIOT's founding guitarist, Mark Reale.

Reale died on January 25 in a San Antonio hospital due to complications of Crohn's disease — an ailment he had battled for most of his life. He was 56 years old.

Writing on the official RIOT Facebook page, the band says, "To all the people and other 'so-called' pages that dont know what the real true story is and what's going on with RIOT...

"First off, we are NOT cashing in on the name. RIOT has never really made lots of money, not even Mark. He lived with his parents until the day he passed AND we all have day jobs! We do it for the love of music and have to take time off to play.

"Mark was our brother and he lived with us and we took care of him up until his untimely passing and we are still deeply saddened by the death of a family member.

"[RIOT guitarist] Mike [Flyntz] did ALL the guitar work on the [last RIOT album] 'Immortal Soul' except four rhythm tracks that Mark laid. Because of his illness, [Mark] was too shaky to play [the rest of the tracks] correctly and it did frustate him.

"Don [Van Stavern, bass] wrote most of the songs, like he did on 'Thundersteel' and 'Privilege Of Power', and has been with Mark since he co-wrote songs on 'Restless Breed' and 'Born In America' back in the early '80s.

"Mark was at the studio and was pleased with how it was coming out and was proud to call it a RIOT record.

"This is NOT the 'Rock City' lineup, this is NOT the 'Fire Down Under' lineup; it is the 'Thundersteel' lineup, with the original members of that era.

"We were ALL fans of the early stuff with [late RIOT singers] Guy [Speranza] and Rhett [Forrester].

"Mark and his estate's wishes were us to go on and most people want us to!

"We play songs WE wrote or co-wrote and play a few of Mark's songs in tribute to him and the early years!

"There are bands out there playing songs and performing with ONE original guy in the band and some didnt write any of the music — QUIET RIOT, GUNS N' ROSES, GREAT WHITE now QUEENSRŸCHE! And, of course, THIN LIZZY (well, a couple of guys, but NOT Phil [Lynott]) but people come out to hear songs they love.

"Mike Flyntz has been taking care of Mr. Reale [Mark's father] since Mark's death because [Mike] is like a son to him now.

"Have a little compassion and get the real story before you post anything you have NO clue about! Opinions are welcome, but vicious uneducated posts and comments [on our Facebook page] will NOT be tolerated and will be removed and blocked.

"A press release will be issued soon to let you know what's coming!"
mordred

Post by mordred »

Since when the fuck did Don van Stavern write songs for "Restless Breed" and "Born in America"?
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
humus

Post by humus »

Just ordered my ticket. Will be the first KIT I'll attend since 2009 and fifth in total I think.
Satrapold

Post by Satrapold »

OK so apparently once again I'm attending to KIT since 2009. I simply cannot miss WARLORD!
Lama

Post by Lama »

This is going to be one hell of a party! What a line-up! Time to save up some money.
Kampel Destruction
Ironhead

Post by Ironhead »

Ticket ordered, will be my first time there.
I wonder how Holocaust will be and if they'll play Mavrock and The Nightcomers, two of their best tracks in my books.
The Devil is within us all...
Speedeceiver

Post by Speedeceiver »

Looks like this is sold out now. I can only hope a few of these bands show up at Ragnarok next year.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

someone has spare tix??
daniel

Post by daniel »

Also need a ticket. Fuck it not having the money earlier.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Sammi Curr

Post by Sammi Curr »

OK, seriously, both of yous guys have gotta come. :evil: