Marken wrote:GJ - What a man Part II!
You're much too kind Anders! I'm really just the sjåför. I must say I thoroughly enjoyed being outnumbered by you, Knut, Leif and the entire bunch of Norsemen at the hotel in Beckstein. I definitely wouldn't mind doing it again! You were the kindest, and you made me feel so welcome. Schlusstand: Schweden 1 - Norwegen 9
Also enjoyed seeing and chatting with a few Corroseumeurs.
Special mention: Andreas, who not only provided the best food and drinks at the festival, but also turned out to be a really cool and friendly guy. Cheers! The next sip is on me.
Musical highlights for me:
- Quartz, sounding and playing so damn good.
- Angel Witch, making me cry like a baby during Free Man.
- High Spirits, delivering an alternative to the sometimes - if you excuse me - silly big headed US-metal macho ideals. They're such a nice bunch of guys off stage too! <3
Runner-ups: Legend (a solid but not perfect performance, best part was buying and listening to the new album, absolutely brilliant!),Borrowed Time, Steel Prophet, October 31 (only caught a bit of them, but I enjoyed that) and Evil Invaders
Okidokies: Liege Lord, Medieval Steel (one hit wonder)
Warlord (awful to at best ok sound and a boooooooooring and lifeless singer)
I didn't see Airraid, Eliminator, Midnight (damn!), Jack Starr (2nd damn!), Possessed, Attic, Morbid Saint, Holocaust or Toranaga
Finally a few (good?) ideas to make next year's festival an even better one:
1. Don't spread your piss (and poop, even
) everywhere, use the toilets or at least go someplace where people don't have to step in your unwanted pee. See we don't want it either.
2. Take responsibility of your own garbage. I see no charm in walking around in what looks like a dump.
3. If you can avoid it do not party until you puke, there must be better ways to have fun I'm sure. And it smells.
4. Don't smoke inside the hall.
Edits: Forgot to mention some of the bands at first