Great news for us CCCP/Russian Metal fans!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
DaN
Administructor

Great news for us CCCP/Russian Metal fans!

Post by DaN »

Russia's #1 Metal site metalrus.ru just started up an English-language subforum for foreign CCCP-Steel fans:
http://metalrus.ru/forum/index.php?board=32.0

I took the first step of starting an introduction thread - let battle commence and get this thing going! This could be a great opportunity to really dig deep and learn more about the olde Russki Metal scene right from the source..
Acke

Post by Acke »

Great! I'll register right away.
Glen

Post by Glen »

Cheers for the heads-up. Will register asap!
"Spitting in the face of mainstream music"

Owner of Iron Horde Promotions
Organizer of the Malta Doom Metal Festival
http://www.maltadoom.com
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

:(
I always liked the what the hell am I doing? how did I get here? Wow, great music! Now what the hell is this band called? approach.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Black Axe wrote::(
I always liked the what the hell am I doing? how did I get here? Wow, great music! Now what the hell is this band called? approach.
I sort of get what you mean, but the "mystery"-angle is already ruined by the fact that most band-trivia can be found on the web elsewhere if you bother to look around. What I personally is looking to gain from this is info about vinyls and recordings I might have missed and CCCP Metal Tales Of Yore in general...

Btw, those of you frequenting other forums should spread that link - it would be nice to see that subforum grow...
msp

Post by msp »

I'm interested. How do you go about registering? My Ruskie is non-existent!
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

DaN wrote:
I sort of get what you mean, but the "mystery"-angle is already ruined by the fact that most band-trivia can be found on the web elsewhere if you bother to look around. What I personally is looking to gain from this is info about vinyls and recordings I might have missed and CCCP Metal Tales Of Yore in general...

Btw, those of you frequenting other forums should spread that link - it would be nice to see that subforum grow...
Most of it for the known bands. There are plenty left with very little info on the internet. Or at least taking hours of research to find.

But if the forum does deliver what you'd like it will be worth it ofcourse. Firstly getting all Russians on the site who read&write English to post there seems paramount. And to keep dropping the name of this forum and lure 'em all over like you planned from the beginning... :twisted:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Black Axe wrote:
DaN wrote:

Most of it for the known bands. There are plenty left with very little info on the internet. Or at least taking hours of research to find.

But if the forum does deliver what you'd like it will be worth it ofcourse. Firstly getting all Russians on the site who read&write English to post there seems paramount. And to keep dropping the name of this forum and lure 'em all over like you planned from the beginning... :twisted:
I think fixing this site first is paramount.

I invited a friend to join a while back but when trying to register the site went down and he said "fuck it" and never returned.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

I just hope they will call russian bands with their true name, like Chenryii Kofe instead of Black Coffee or Tyazhelyii Den instead of Heavy Day or Skoraya Pomosh instead of First Aid....translating from cyrillic to latin alphabet is ok, but it is completely senseless to translate also the meaning of the name...

it's like we're going to talk about "Strange Factory" instead of Strana Officina or Red Baron instead of Baron Rojo.....

then, more than welcome a sub forum in english!!!! I am considering myself one of the most interested fan in russian metal in Europe and I have a really huge collection of russkyii rok, but sharing opinions with russian metalheads can bring more and more news and surprises

horosho!
:wink:
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

I joined up and posted finally.

I agree with you jnfernal. I'm only looking at the band names in Cyrillic now. I too would like to learn Russian.