NOTHING SACRED Deathwish/Let Us Prey Official CD!!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Korgüll

NOTHING SACRED Deathwish/Let Us Prey Official CD!!

Post by Korgüll »

Finally an official pressing on CD!

*** Free Shipping Worldwide ***

http://bluefreya.com/store/product_info ... ucts_id=61
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

it will be available at the gig I assume?!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Good news !!
I'll order one soon !
thrashbutcher

Re: NOTHING SACRED Deathwish/Let Us Prey Official CD!!

Post by thrashbutcher »

Korgüll wrote:Finally an official pressing on CD!

*** Free Shipping Worldwide ***

http://bluefreya.com/store/product_info ... ucts_id=61
Does anyone have bought this CD?
I have two questions....

1)in the description on the website in tracklist no one song-Freddy Kruger...it really?

2)What sound quality?do not want to buy mp3s with good cover-art :D

Thanx in advance
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

thrashbutcher wrote:1)in the description on the website in tracklist no one song-Freddy Kruger...it really?
What?

I received a copy a month or two ago and the back insert was damaged. I complained and received a second copy but haven't had an opportunity to sit down and listen to it yet since I've been busy with work. I'll let you know about the sound quality when I have.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

I got a copy recently too, and it looks like a damn CD-R..???? Avenger, what do you think?
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

I was thinking of buying this because I recently got to hear the EP and I like it a lot.

Korgull, can you scan the CD center + matrix area for me? (It will tell me if it's a CD-R or not)
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

The playing surface of the disc is blue, and there are tiny numbers in the matrix: 80 PG7677

I was a bit disappointed with the quality to be honest, considering this release is coming from a close source to the band..
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Sounds a lot like a CD-R matrix and color, but I cannot be 100% until I actually see the area. (I am about 95% certain it's a CD-R at this point)

Really disappointed, I was looking forward to buying it :( I'll just wait for a new reissue or try for the original vinyls instead.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

So it's a CDr....etter finding the old bootleg made some years ago. At least it was on a real silver printed CD....
thrashbutcher

Post by thrashbutcher »

maybe someone will make the spectrs from this reissue...soon we will see the source....transcoded from mp3 or not....
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Damn, this is really embarassing from them :oops:
thrashbutcher

Post by thrashbutcher »

Korgüll wrote:The playing surface of the disc is blue, and there are tiny numbers in the matrix: 80 PG7677
still it seems cd-r.....a little searching on the Internet shows some stuff released on cd-r with same Matrix / Runout: 80 PG7677...
for example....

http://www.discogs.com/Foo-Fighters-Rop ... se/3226609
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Here's a reply I got from the bass player Karl, who released it:

"Yes, you’ve got the right disc. It is a CD-R, it’s created via a ‘burn-on-demand’ process from a US company. Although this means a lower quality compared to replicated discs, this is the only way we can offer the Sacred tracks. Minimum runs for replication are 500 units, and as much as I wish it was different the fact is that there simply is nowhere near that level of demand. CD sales are falling anyway, and I doubt we’ll ever see a replicated Sacred disc (never say never but it’snot likely). We really only had 3 choices – offer nothing, offer the ‘burn-on-demand, or “leave it to the bootleggers”.

I can’t speak for the quality for any bootleg you’ve previously purchased. I’ve seen Sacred bootlegs over the years, they have all been CD-R and of dubious quality. None have been in anyway official, and all have been simple audio-rips from vinyl. The CD you have is the first official remaster of the audio, and the sound quality (IMO) is superior to any bootleg copies previously available. Your opinion may differ I guess.

The burn of demand process gave us no real ability to deliver ‘extra’ content like bio, lyrics, etc. An 8 page booklet would have been great, and I may still look at offering something like that as a downloadable PDF. We aren’t there yet though. The main reason for this release is to get the ‘real’ audio out there, and offer a legitimate alternative to the bootleggers."

And this from the guy who remastered it:

"My involvement with the Sacred CD was instrumented by Karl Lean, and had to do with the digital transfer and mastering. I was originally given the multi track tapes of the EP (one song was missing) and the 1/2 inch master tapes of the album. The idea was that I would transfer the EP and Remix it, and transfer the already mixed album and master it. (or vice versa - I can't remember!)
Alas, there was not cheap option to do this as most studios I'm associated with have not got multi track machines any more.
I sought out studios that can do this and the fee is astronomical... many thousands of dollars.
So, the cheap option was to do a digital transfer from the actual vinyl to digital using high quality gear to do so. This was all recorded pre DAT, unfortunately.
The EP was something I actually did a few years back, simply because I wanted a digital copy for myself. Karl was very interested in this method when he found out about what I'd done, so I remastered that again for this release.
Then I did the same thing for the Let us Prey album.
The remastering was pretty simple and consisted of doing it track by track because every song seemed to have a different mix with widely different guitar tones. While it does sound superior to the vinyl, it's not ideal - it would have been nice to be able to access the master tapes. Maybe one day."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Korgüll wrote:I got a copy recently too, and it looks like a damn CD-R..???? Avenger, what do you think?
This is indeed a CD-R. If I had known this I wouldn't have forked out the full silver pressed CD price that they were asking for a copy. The sound quality ain't bad but I'm really getting tired of these shitty CD-R's that a lot of bands are going with these days.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."