Ragnarokkr Metal Apocalypse-Chicago May-18-19!!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Ragnarokkr Metal Apocalypse-Chicago May-18-19!!

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Its gonna kick so much ass! in my opinion the best festival in the US for this year....oh ,and first time my band will play the States too!

MEXDefenderOfSteel

i guess real metal is real dead in the US? :P :lol:
Zuul

Post by Zuul »

Looking forward to it
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

That line-up is not bad!

What's the story with Brocas Helm? I thought they were breaking up?
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

The timing probably will not work out, but I'm interested in going to this. The line-up looks really good with Pharaoh, Voltax, VS, SkullFist, SX, and BH on board (some of the others I don't know; not a fan of Wizard).

Anyone know how BH and SX sound these days? Are they in top form, or is this one of those 'only the drummer is still around from the old days' situations?

Anyone know how tight the promoters/organization is? I have a record of bad luck when it comes to going to a festival, only to have the management fuck things up/having bands cancel last-second. Since I'd have to fly to Illinois, it could get pricey, and I don't wanna buy plane tix, show tix etc etc just to have all the good bands no-show and be stuck watching Wizard play a double set :(
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Aiden wrote:What's the story with Brocas Helm? I thought they were breaking up?
That's the thing that's kept me from buying a ticket so far. Anyone know what the story is?
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

nightsblood wrote: Anyone know how BH and SX sound these days? Are they in top form, or is this one of those 'only the drummer is still around from the old days' situations?...
I thought Slauter Xstoryes were very good at Keep it True, both the playing and the vocals. Enjoyed it a lot, maybe my fave act from the festival.

Brocas Helm have been good too, though the playing is not as tight as it could be. It's been nothing but a good time though, so I'd say they're still must-see if you're a fan (who isn't?).

I think they're doing a "farewell" show there, but no real certain source for that.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

Yeah, as Knut says, Slauter Xstroyes were excellent at KIT and I thought that Brocas Helm were great too. Slauter Xstroyes were very good at Up The Hammers a few years ago too.

Slauter Xstroyes have played a new song live. Does anyone know if they are close to releasing a new album?
Heavy

Post by Heavy »

At KIT Slauter Xstroyes actually played two previously unreleased songs: 'Living In Peace' and 'Glacier' (the first being from John Stewart era).

There were actually some rumors going around that the band was breaking up, but luckily this isn't the case.

edit: they also played Saint's Revenge - also never officially released(?)
MEXDefenderOfSteel

nightsblood wrote:The timing probably will not work out, but I'm interested in going to this. The line-up looks really good with Pharaoh, Voltax, VS, SkullFist, SX, and BH on board (some of the others I don't know; not a fan of Wizard).

Anyone know how BH and SX sound these days? Are they in top form, or is this one of those 'only the drummer is still around from the old days' situations?

Anyone know how tight the promoters/organization is? I have a record of bad luck when it comes to going to a festival, only to have the management fuck things up/having bands cancel last-second. Since I'd have to fly to Illinois, it could get pricey, and I don't wanna buy plane tix, show tix etc etc just to have all the good bands no-show and be stuck watching Wizard play a double set :(
Alan! lets go! everything is confirmed with the bands...here is a link to an interview with a Brocas Helm member clearing up the disband-last reunion doubt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiLEyIm_ ... e=youtu.be
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Voltax Live at this festival -Acero Inmortal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYXwi5o9 ... re=related
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Bassist on a leash, nice! ;)
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Wish I could have made it to this, but that ended up being the weekend that my wife and I moved, and I don't think she would have appreciated moving all our furniture on her own :)
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky