ALTAR OF OBLIVION - Salvation EP

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

mordred wrote:Sirens is more like the 9th best Savatage full lenght. :roll:
Yeah, it has its moments, but it's much farther down my personal SAVA-rankings. Just my opinion (well, mine and Modred's :) )

EPs- I don't mind 'em, but I do not play them as often as other formats. Too long to get a quick 1-2 song fix, too short to sit back and get into. But if it's a band I like or I know it has some good tracks, I will pick 'em up, though I may not run out and get it right away.
I can see someone who's on a tight budget wanting to get a bit more 'bang for their buck'. I think (not sure) shipping 1 cd in the USA is now about $3.50. For a $7-8 EP (avg 4 songs), your total purchase price goes up about 50% due to the shipping :( It makes more sense to wait and do a larger order so you can get a combined shipping rate for multiple items.

AoO is a very good band; I really enjoyed their debut album, and I look forward to the next one. Would I place an order for just this EP right away? Honestly, no. No offense Tim, it's just not a 'must have' for me. Will I probably add it to a SK order once there are a few items in stock that I want and can afford to buy together? Yes. Actually, that's what I did with their demo cd!

Hope that makes sense.

And back to SAVATAGE, 'Mt King' is awesome, but do not forget 'Power of the Night'!!
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Hellride Mike

Post by Hellride Mike »

"Sirens is more like the 9th best Savatage full lenght. Rolling Eyes "

Rating post Chris Oliva Savatage as better than Sirens? Yikes! I can understand love for Hall, Gutter or Streets...but what followed?...just yikes! to each his own though...

...but back on track, I will be picking this up with my next Shadow Kingdom order...I really dug the debut full length....
mordred

Post by mordred »

Hellride Mike wrote:"Sirens is more like the 9th best Savatage full lenght. Rolling Eyes "

Rating post Chris Oliva Savatage as better than Sirens? Yikes! I can understand love for Hall, Gutter or Streets...but what followed?...just yikes! to each his own though...
Savatage is my no 1 favorite band ever. I like everything they've done, but in my opinion they fully sprang into bloom with Hall. My favorite period is 1987-1993 with the immortal albums Hall of the Mountain King, Gutter Ballet, Streets and Edge of Thorns (remember Criss Oliva was on that too). As for the later stuff it was never quite the same without Criss, but all those last four albums still contain awesome song writing and awesome guitar playing too. And yeah, I'd rate all four of them higher than Sirens, which I still like.

BTW, I've ordered the Altar of Oblivion EP now. :wink:
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

This EP is 30 minutes long and captures the feel of a full length. It's as long as some full length albums too.

I'd rather have quality vs quantity any day. There's not a song on this EP worth skipping.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

mordred wrote:
Hellride Mike wrote:"Sirens is more like the 9th best Savatage full lenght. Rolling Eyes "

Savatage is my no 1 favorite band ever. I like everything they've done, but in my opinion they fully sprang into bloom with Hall. My favorite period is 1987-1993 with the immortal albums Hall of the Mountain King, Gutter Ballet, Streets and Edge of Thorns (remember Criss Oliva was on that too). As for the later stuff it was never quite the same without Criss, but all those last four albums still contain awesome song writing and awesome guitar playing too. And yeah, I'd rate all four of them higher than Sirens, which I still like.

BTW, I've ordered the Altar of Oblivion EP now. :wink:
I like SAVATAGE, but I only listen to 4 SAVATAGE albums when I'm in the mood.

SIRENS
DUNGEONS
HALL
GUTTER

Everything else is either hit/miss or just plain sucks.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Shadow Kingdom wrote:I like SAVATAGE, but I only listen to 4 SAVATAGE albums when I'm in the mood.

SIRENS
DUNGEONS
HALL
GUTTER

Everything else is either hit/miss or just plain sucks.
Nope, everything else is grand and the only thing that sucks about Savatage is that they're not doing anything anymore.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
daniel

Post by daniel »

The "Streets" album, what a load of cack with laughable lyrics... :D And who really wants to listen to the whole of "Fight For the Rock".

Like I said, this EP vs LP discussion is stupid, most people listen to songs they like off releases, I can't get it through my head that you'd not buy any EP, with potentially the best songs a band has ever written (in general, not about AoO) simply because extended plays aren't long enough, whatever :/
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

I'm getting close to moving all these out - get it while you can because after this, we're focusing all of our energy on the new full length ALTAR!