ALTAR OF OBLIVION - Salvation EP

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Shadow Kingdom

ALTAR OF OBLIVION - Salvation EP

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

Finally, there is something new from Denmark’s Altar Of Oblivion. After their successful first full length record, they have been busy writing this Salvation EP + another full length album to be released later this year. Salvation picks up right where the debut left off only with a much thicker recording and heavier sound. They re-recorded another song from their demo “Threshold To Oblivion (My Wrecked Mind)”. If you were a fan of the debut, this is an absolute must. “Believers In The Mist” is the highlight of this EP with the strongest riffs and most memorable lines on the album.

1. The Narrow Gates Of Emptiness
2. Believers In The Mist
3. Threshold To Oblivion (My Wrecked Mind)
4. Salvation
5. As We Perish

SKR049CD

Coming: Jan 2012
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

Moving this release to early FEB.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

Glad you guys are excited for this! :lol:
Marken

Post by Marken »

I will check out the next fullength, but I have little interest in EPs. Sorry.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

Why, the EP is better?

OUT NOW.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

Why, the EP is better?

OUT NOW.
Marken

Post by Marken »

Shadow Kingdom wrote:Why, the EP is better?
That might be, but I just find EPs unsatisfying. I very rarely buy EPs, demos etc., simply because I prefer fullengths and find much more pleasure in playing them. Might just be me being weird, but that's the way it is for me.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Gonna file an order for this when I figure out what else to order with it.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

Marken wrote:
That might be, but I just find EPs unsatisfying. I very rarely buy EPs, demos etc., simply because I prefer fullengths and find much more pleasure in playing them. Might just be me being weird, but that's the way it is for me.
This album is just as long as some full length albums, they just happen to call it an EP. Do you listen to Savatage - Dungeons? Or is that not in your collection because it's an EP?
Marken

Post by Marken »

Shadow Kingdom wrote:
Marken wrote:
This album is just as long as some full length albums, they just happen to call it an EP. Do you listen to Savatage - Dungeons? Or is that not in your collection because it's an EP?
No, I don't listen to The Dungeons Are Calling, since I have never owned it. I have every Savatage-record from Power Of the Night up until The Wake Of Magellan.
If one of my favorites, old bands or new ones, release an EP, I would for sure buy it to have in my collection. Of course I would play it a couple of times, but I have never played an EP nearly as much as fullength-albums.

I just don't have much interest in buying EPs, live-albums, demos or compilations. Always been like that and probably always will be. I have some releases of stuff like the above-mentioned, but it's not that type of albums I look forward to like I do for "normal" albums.
If I like the next Altar Of Oblivion-fullength very much, I'll go for the EP as well. Time will tell.

Edit: Checked out the titletrack on youtube now. Sounded ok.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

Marken wrote:
Shadow Kingdom wrote:
Marken wrote:
No, I don't listen to The Dungeons Are Calling, since I have never owned it. I have every Savatage-record from Power Of the Night up until The Wake Of Magellan.
Wow, you wasted a bunch of money on full length Savatage albums that suck vs the very best Savatage album - their EP! :lol:

At least download it and hear it, it's CLASSIC CLASSIC metal! You're missing out BIG TIME.
Hellride Mike

Post by Hellride Mike »

Shadow Kingdom wrote:
Marken wrote:
Shadow Kingdom wrote:
Wow, you wasted a bunch of money on full length Savatage albums that suck vs the very best Savatage album - their EP! :lol:

At least download it and hear it, it's CLASSIC CLASSIC metal! You're missing out BIG TIME.
...and for God's sakes get Sirens also...you're missing their best full length too...(don't get me wrong I love Hall and Power also)
Marken

Post by Marken »

Ok, I bought a copy now at Ebay with both of them on one disc. I know there are some good tracks on them, especially Sirens and By the Grace of the Witch, so I guess it was about time to order it.
When it comes down to Savatage, Hall Of the Mountain King is by far my favorite.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Sirens is more like the 9th best Savatage full lenght. :roll:

As for EP's, I like them and wish more bands recorded them these days like back in the 80's. I guess it's not done for financial reasons or whatever. I'm an "album guy" and never want to hear songs taken out of their album context so EP's come in really handy when I only have 20 or 25 minutes before I have to get to work or whatever.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
daniel

Post by daniel »

I rarely listen to any album from start to finish, or at least I don't regularly feel the need to oh listen to that whole LP now, rather just songs I enjoy here and there. EP:s are cool, and a lot of the time it means a condensed quality rather than some filler tracks to "make it an LP", even love the idea and feel of most EP:s. People are different, still it sounds so alien that anyone would not buy an EP simply because they just want to listen to LP:s, errrrrrrrrrrrr, when playing music it's about your favourite tracks most of the time, or are you guys like the most annoying DJ:s ever only playing full albums by bands. :lol: :wink:
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.