New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
daniel

Post by daniel »

Some of the things people were saying about it warrants it being labelled overrated, 'album of the year' and all that noise.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Just 21 CD's/Records from 2011 on my collection,but I'll try to post at least TOP 5.

PORTRAIT - Crimen Laesae Majestatis Divinae
SINISTER REALM - The Crystal Eye
HELL - Human Remains
RIOT - Immortal Soul
AGINCOURT - Angels of Mons
Kostello

Post by Kostello »

With random order, some of my 2011 favorites would be:

Hell - Human Remains (One of the best Classic Metal albums of the last few years, i understand people not getting into the sound/production from the start but the music slays)
Portrait - Laesae Crimen Majestatis Divinae (Yes, too many KD/MF references, but this is a killer album from start to finish)
In Solitude - The world the Flesh the Devil (Very good, inferior to Portrait)
Primordial - Redemption at the Puritans Hand (Great, has one-two more typical songs, a highlight for 2011)
Validor - IN Blood in Battle CD (I didnt get into it at first, i guess Ironsword and Epic Metal fans will like this one, more variety in the songs than the Portugese barbariana though)
Black Sword Thunder Attack - In Hells Reign demo tape (Great Greek newcomer like Warlord/Lordian Guard...)
Wrathblade - Reins of Doom demo-CD (For me THE best Epic Power Metal band nowadays, check it out...)
Revenge - Metal is addiction and Obsession CD (I havent heard their earlier stuff, more thrash metal i have read, this new one is great speed metal)
Split Heaven - Street Law CD
Cage - Steel Supremacy CD
Darkest Era - The Last caress of Light (Epic Doom Metal, vey good, most songs come from their demo and mini-CD)
Deceptor - Soothsayer (Another surprise for me, i am not so much into thrashier stuff, this has great guitars, a Coroner and Deah mix maybe??)
Elvenpath - Elvenpath (Underrated band, ok, they are not Power Metal like Jag Panzer lets say, Euro influences are VERY intense, but the result is very good, NOT another Helloween/Smurf-mtal band...)
Jag Panzer - The last scourge of the Light (very good, but no very memorable songs i would say)
Midnight Priest - Midnight Priest (Better than the mini-CD, less-but still obvious Maiden references, great LP imo)
Stonewall - Victims of Evil (Italian newcomer, a mix of Omen and more melodic Euro-Power Metal-the old way!!!!, great)

And a few others like Wolfs Gang, Sanctuaire, Wolf, Spellcaster, Sinister Realm, Krux

Most disapointing releases:
Manilla Road, Damien Thorne, Witchhammer
Marken

Post by Marken »

Kostas_Kailiazis wrote: Revenge - Metal is addiction and Obsession CD (I havent heard their earlier stuff, more thrash metal i have read, this new one is great speed metal)
Do you know any distros who has this one in stock? I've been searching for it each day the last couple of weeks.
The earlier stuff is brilliant, especially Death Sentence. Not thrash metal at all, just a great mix of heavy/speed metal.
Kostello

Post by Kostello »

Marken wrote:
Kostas_Kailiazis wrote: Revenge - Metal is addiction and Obsession CD (I havent heard their earlier stuff, more thrash metal i have read, this new one is great speed metal)
Do you know any distros who has this one in stock? I've been searching for it each day the last couple of weeks.
The earlier stuff is brilliant, especially Death Sentence. Not thrash metal at all, just a great mix of heavy/speed metal.
Thanks for the tip, will search for them...

I mailed the band recently, will mail you if i have more info...Rainer Krukenberg didnt have copies in his latest list...
Marken

Post by Marken »

Kostas_Kailiazis wrote:
Marken wrote:
Thanks for the tip, will search for them...

I mailed the band recently, will mail you if i have more info...Rainer Krukenberg didnt have copies in his latest list...
I have also mailed both the band, Rainer and some other shops.
Rock Stakk Records in Japan ordered 30 copies of the cd, but I was too late. It was sold out when I tried to order, but they have ordered more copies, so hopefully they will have it back in stock soon. The problem seems to be that the band are in no hurry to send out the package.
The cd will also be released by a label from Brazil (Kill Again Records) in the first quarter of 2012.

And yes, the Witchhammer-album released in 2011 was a big letdown.
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

From the few LPs I`ve heard I loved PORTRAIT`s album the most. To me the best album I heard in a long time. Also SIGN OF THE JACKAL`s MLP is a killer, much superior than their great 7"....
I was quite disappointed with the new IN SOLITUDE and TWISTED TOWER DIRE. Seeing it mentioned quite often as one of the highlights of last year, I probably need to give them a spin again....
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

One release from 2011 that i've really been getting into over the last few weeks is VEKTOR's "Outer Isolation", it's very good stuff indeed.
Reminds me of VOIVOD and CORONER at times.
Give it a listen, you can stream the whole album here:
http://heavyartillery.bandcamp.com/albu ... -isolation
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.