CONFESSOR (NZ) The Anthology '85-'93 CD Release!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I've received the CONFESSOR anthology today. Very fast shipping from the label ! Will listen to it later today.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

I received the CDs today

The Confessor anthology looks like a pro printed CDR, but I'm not 100% sure

The double CD compilation is on a silver printed CD
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

I also noticed that the tracklist of the first CD in the compilation basically comprehends the "Attack from downunda" Lp compilation execpt for 2 songs:

-Stonehenge: Warlords
-Stormbringer: Self destruct

Moreover:

-Tokyo: here there are both songs taken from their only Ep. One of them is featured also on the "Attack from downunda" Compilation

-Stonehenge: there are 2 (of 3) tracks from their "Wings of steel" Ep. Only the title track is missing as well as one (of 2) song from "Attack from downunda", "Warlords"

-Blitz: only the track from "Attack from down unda" is featured while the b/side off their only single ("On the run") is missing

-Knightshade: There are the two original songs recorded specially for the compilation "Attack from downunda"

-Confessor: 2 songs from their "First sin" Ep. One of them also on the compilation

-Strikemaster: Both songs are featured on "Attack from downunda"

-Lionheart: taken from "Running free" Lp

-Stormbringer: the song "Bridge crusher" is featured on "Attack from downunda" but the other track ("Self destruct") is not present on this CD. Both tracks listed here are taken from their "Life sentence" Lp anyway

Mah....it was nice if they could include the B/Side of Blitz and the two missing songs from "Attack from down unda" as well as the other missing song from Stonehenge's "Wings of steel" Ep....replacing the Confessor song not present on the original compilation and eventually the Stormbringer song taken from their debut Lp.

Jayrem told me they're going to re-release 2-3 more metal CD in 2012....we'll see...hope to see those missing songs and hope it will be the beginning of a policy of re-printing old NZ metal.
Basically these songs are not bad....Confessor and Strimekaster are pretty ok while other bands do not shine for great originality but it's worth listening except for those Tokyo songs :D

Need to know if the Confessor CD is really a silver printed/factory pressed CD or a pro printed CDr....bar code is missing and the surface looks a bit darker compared to the double CD compilation. Moreover there's a printed writing all around the central hole that make me seriously think it's a cdr.
I also wonder why they didn't included the full "Metal beyond madness" Demo 1988 as 4 tracks (1 live) are missing without any reason. In the booklet the singer says clearly it was a 8-tracks live recordings. At this point I wonder also if the Demo 1990 is full....or this is just a "best of" instead of the "complete discography" announced everywhere.

Mmm....could be done a bit better and could be paid a bit more attention but, considering this is the first attempt to re-release old NZ 80's metal, well.....better this than nothing
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Got the Confessor anthology today.. It does look a bit weird indeed. Do not think it's a CDR though. There's a barcode etched in the plastic piece at the center and as fas as I can see it says E4014716 01781 17. The booklet which is in thick glossy paper includes pictures and the bio of the band. The demo is not included in its entirety. Can't listen to it right now to make a comment on the sound quality.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Give me a scan of the CD surface and I can have a look, I've handled enough CDRs to identify most of them.
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

There's a bunch of unreleased Blitz stuff on youtube uploaded by the bassist http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxrGcadp13Y

I remembered I had contact with the guitarist on another board. Refering to Key to your heart... "That was like our commercial attempt at the time and we were a bad but funny band."
He also said "TOKYO were another great band live with an awesome vocalist called Charie Shultz who unfortunately took his own life when living in Melbourne. He had the potential to become a vocal God." Here's his current band if anyone's interested..

http://www.reverbnation.com/ofsoski
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

http://www.jayrem.co.nz/product_info.ph ... cts_id=354

This band plays an interesting Punk style with a few doomy parts on one of the 2 EP's that they put out in the very early 80's. I got both here but like the other Jayrem stuff not that easy to find so for those into that style it's surely interesting.
Live your life by your will, learn to be an animal ...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

jnfernal wrote:Moreover there's a printed writing all around the central hole that make me seriously think it's a cdr.
Most probably cdr
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

I need to scan the CD but I don't know how to put the image here :oops:
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

jnfernal wrote:I need to scan the CD but I don't know how to put the image here :oops:

Code: Select all

[img]http://path.to/image.jpg[/img]
You can upload the image to for example ImageShack.US or Tinypic.com.