SATAN/WITCHFYNDE/DARK FOREST/ELIMINATOR - London, 1/10/11

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Divine Victim

Post by Divine Victim »

Chafe wrote:Any video of those new songs? were they good?
Also, did they played anything from the Michael Jackson era?
Haven't seen any footage yet of the two newies, but they were genuinely brilliant, basically could have been on Court in the Act.

Here's the mighty Break Free though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX_iqMovAuk

Only Brian Ross era material played, like KIT.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Chafe wrote:Any video of those new songs? were they good?
Someone uploaded them on NWN, but the video has been made private.

They were pretty brilliant, imo. Very rarely do I anticipate "re-union" releases, but I'm foaming at the mouth for new Satan.
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

perishinflames wrote:Someone uploaded them on NWN, but the video has been made private
Could you give me the links?, maybe I could download them with JDownloader.
Divine Victim wrote:Haven't seen any footage yet of the two newies, but they were genuinely brilliant, basically could have been on Court in the Act.
Great to read that, never hoped they wrote songs again, and less that those will be in the same vein of Court in the Act.
Also, the video sounds great, and Russ Tippins hits every note perfectly!
Divine Victim wrote: Only Brian Ross era material played, like KIT.
Too bad. Ice Man, Key to Oblivion, Avalanche of a Million Hearts, Who Dies Wins or Calculated Executions are truly brilliant songs and deserve to be played.
Divine Victim

Post by Divine Victim »

Fully agree mate, I'd love to see Ice Man live!

Talking to the two guitarists afterwards they both said they regard Into the Future as their best release. It's definitely got the best production, and those songs are really great.

Another thing I don't think I knew before was that there was an earlier (and in their opinion better) mix of Court in the Act, but Neat Records re-mastered it and put too much reverb on the guitars. I guess the original is long gone now though.

Tippins/Ramsay are easily one of the greatest NWOBHM axe partnerships.
Last edited by Divine Victim on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Chafe wrote:Could you give me the links?, maybe I could download them with JDownloader.
Sure, this was it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NftmWY8gnM8

If you manage to grab it please send it to me, I'd like to hear them again.
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

And they didn't had that master of Court in the Act themselves?, it would be interesting to hear that.
Also, I couldn't download the video. Let's just hope another guy (not that exclusive) upload the new songs as well so we all can hear'em.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I wish they can get M. Jackson for an ultimate Suspended Sentence / Into the Future show!
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

stormspell wrote:I wish they can get M. Jackson for an ultimate Suspended Sentence / Into the Future show!
A show with both vocalists and playing every song they have would be the ultimate KIT headliner.
Divine Victim

Post by Divine Victim »

Here's another nice clip!

http://www.vimeo.com/29945653
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Awesome evening!! Great to meet The_elite there too.

By the way, anyone know who was in the Satan merchandise stand? I bought 2 shirts and into the fire LP, and the guy kept the stuff for me with a note inside the plastic sleeve with my name on it (patrik) during the evening so I could pick it up when they closed, and of course I forgot to. :( anyone knows who to contact so I maybe could get my stuff back? :/
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

What sort of merch did they have available..??
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
akira

Post by akira »

Blind Fury set would be great also. Shame it's underrated. Lou Taylor is awesome vocalist. I never liked M. Jackson, he's terrible IMO.
Divine Victim

Post by Divine Victim »

Dirty Rocker wrote:Awesome evening!! Great to meet The_elite there too.

By the way, anyone know who was in the Satan merchandise stand? I bought 2 shirts and into the fire LP, and the guy kept the stuff for me with a note inside the plastic sleeve with my name on it (patrik) during the evening so I could pick it up when they closed, and of course I forgot to. :( anyone knows who to contact so I maybe could get my stuff back? :/
I will forward your question to the band.

I like Jackson's voice personally, it's got a nice husky attitude. There's no beating Brian Ross though.
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

I'm interested in the merch as well. Which Vinyls/CD's and Shirts were available?
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Divine Victim wrote:
Dirty Rocker wrote:Awesome evening!! Great to meet The_elite there too.

I will forward your question to the band.

I like Jackson's voice personally, it's got a nice husky attitude. There's no beating Brian Ross though.
Thanks alot! All the stuff i bought (into the fire LP + 7", Satan court in the act shirt and witchfynde give em hell shirt) was put inside the plastic protective sleeve of the Satan LP and he wrote Patrik on a paper and put inside too.
Here's my email adress: ready_to_deliver(AT)hotmail.com
Again, thanks alot for helping me!
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL