DUST026 EVIL BLOOD- MIDNIGHT IN SODOM LP

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
malegys

Post by malegys »

that demo is from 1986,not 1983. Great demo, but still from 1986.
"Do you like Wenom?"
quietus

Post by quietus »

Thanks. I will advise the band of this change.
malegys

Post by malegys »

Look, everyone knows that by claiming that a demo of this caliber is from 1983 instead of 1986,will get potential punters much more excited & possibly motivated to purchase this record. I mean, i don't want to interfere with your label & it's business but it's only fair to give the "punters" the right info. I've seen this "re-writing of dates of releases" happening quite alot lately. Even this demo was uploaded in the "poisonoise" section & it said "1986".But NOW for some reason, the title of the thread says "Evil Blood demo 1984-1986" (has the title been edited? hmmmm)...I just dislike this type of bullshit revisionism that is only there to draw in gullible musicfans. Leave that shit to Hellride. Otherwise, i think your label is doing a grand job & releasing great material,but these kind of tactics are low.
"Do you like Wenom?"
quietus

Post by quietus »

I knew due to the ferocity of the material there would be some controversy as to the year of the release. We specifically asked the band (Gabric) when and where this was recorded as we do with all of our releases and we do not question them, simply document it for the release.

Whatever year you think it was recorded is fine, as I agree it is a great demo.

I do however take issue of the label using a "tactic" like falsifying information knowingly to increase sales. That simply would not be done.
malegys

Post by malegys »

Just did some more "research" & found a review in a German zine from 1990, where the magazine claims that this demo is from 1989!!! Now ,online i've found info which claims (by the band themselves no doubt) that the demo was recorded in 1984,but only released in 1989!!! come on, what reasonably intelligent musicfan is gonna believe that? It's an obvious case of self-mythologizing or "Hustling" if you will :-D
Still, i'm sure (& hope) that you'll be able to shift a nice amount of units.

now playing: Metallica rehearsal demo 1978.
"Do you like Wenom?"
Buried By Time and Dust

Post by Buried By Time and Dust »

Don't buy it then.Simple solution

malegys wrote:Just did some more "research" & found a review in a German zine from 1990, where the magazine claims that this demo is from 1989!!! Now ,online i've found info which claims (by the band themselves no doubt) that the demo was recorded in 1984,but only released in 1989!!! come on, what reasonably intelligent musicfan is gonna believe that? It's an obvious case of self-mythologizing or "Hustling" if you will :-D
Still, i'm sure (& hope) that you'll be able to shift a nice amount of units.

now playing: Metallica rehearsal demo 1978.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Whether or not you believe it, whether or not it is true, if the information came from the band then there's no reason to accuse the label of falsifying information to increase sales. BBTAD do not do die-hards, exclusive colors or any of this other nonsense used to push extra records to manic collectors so they are the last ones I would expect to cash in on gimmicks.

Glad this is finally out, can't wait til it's added to US shops.
malegys

Post by malegys »

Fair enough, but i hope for you & your label that this "dubious" info concerning authenticity of the recording doesn't backfire on you.
"Do you like Wenom?"
Buried By Time and Dust

Post by Buried By Time and Dust »

Thanks for your "concern" but we'll be just fine

malegys wrote:Fair enough, but i hope for you & your label that this "dubious" info concerning authenticity of the recording doesn't backfire on you.
malegys

Post by malegys »

perishinflames wrote:Whether or not you believe it, whether or not it is true, if the information came from the band then there's no reason to accuse the label of falsifying information to increase sales. BBTAD do not do die-hards, exclusive colors or any of this other nonsense used to push extra records to manic collectors so they are the last ones I would expect to cash in on gimmicks.

Glad this is finally out, can't wait til it's added to US shops.
Ok, in my eyes it certainly looks like that the band has fed the label with a bunch of bullshit info. As Quietus stated, he also felt that due to the ferocity of the material ( & let's face it, Geographical outpost of Croatia at that time) left him feeling sceptical about the authenticity of their claims. BUT...there is also an advantage NOT to doubt their info, because...YES...1983 will make people take more notice than 1986 (or even 1989 apparently). It's a Metal dilemma of Epic proportions. But i still stick to my claim that their info is more slippery than a load of Sea Eels for sale at Dubrovnic fishmarket.
"Do you like Wenom?"
malegys

Post by malegys »

Buried By Time and Dust wrote:Thanks for your "concern" but we'll be just fine

malegys wrote:Fair enough, but i hope for you & your label that this "dubious" info concerning authenticity of the recording doesn't backfire on you.
I'm sure you will. Because metalheads can be UNBELIEVABLY gullible at times :lol:
"Do you like Wenom?"
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Oh come now. The band's CD-R release from years ago was called "The Best of Djinn 1983-1986". You can't really be accusing BBTAD of trying to "cash in", if anyone's full of shit it is the band. Who gives a fuck about release dates anyway, if the music is good I will buy it.
malegys

Post by malegys »

perishinflames wrote:Oh come now. The band's CD-R release from years ago was called "The Best of Djinn 1983-1986". You can't really be accusing BBTAD of trying to "cash in", if anyone's full of shit it is the band. Who gives a fuck about release dates anyway, if the music is good I will buy it.
Well, i don't know about the cd collectors,but i think you'll find that the anal vinyl collectors of the heavy metal subculture are quite picky when it comes to "mythologizing-revisionism" especially by bands that rely on those kind of tactics to get noticed a bit more in a sea of amateur metal shenanigans. But, yes, in the end..it is only about the music.
Would you buy this if this material was recorded in, say, 1995? you may very well do,but be honest...because it claims to be from so early on the "speedy" metallic sense, it does peak your interest more or not?
"Do you like Wenom?"
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

malegys wrote:Would you buy this if this material was recorded in, say, 1995? you may very well do,but be honest...because it claims to be from so early on the "speedy" metallic sense, it does peak your interest more or not?
Absolutely. 90% of my CD collection is from the 90s, and 90% of my vinyl collection is from the 80s. Good metal is good metal, dates do not interest me one bit.
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

Wow, EVIL BLOOD on Vinyl.
Great!

I remember the band selling some CD-R (different releases) on their Myspace page but when I asked about some months ago they told me the songs are now for "download only" available.

So this is very good news to me seeing this great band to be finally released officially. :D