"RED, WHITE, and HEAVY" demo series

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Pity that shadow kingdom gets supported because of Iordan's work.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

just ordered DETEST and ISCARIOT along with AIR RAID, not patient enough to wait for CHALICE this time
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

I got all six new releases :P

Hey Stormspell, since Target is sold out now, why don't you repress the first one stand-alone (with the demos of course) ? :D
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

sagrotan wrote:just ordered DETEST and ISCARIOT along with AIR RAID, not patient enough to wait for CHALICE this time
Gregg is a very busy person, and although he told me Chalice would be one of his priorities in the new year, it still could take some time... we all wait.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Helstar wrote:Hey Stormspell, since Target is sold out now, why don't you repress the first one stand-alone (with the demos of course) ? :D
Disregarding the fact it was part of the recently sold-out set, and also the numerous bootlegs floating around. I'm pretty certain I would not be able to sell enough copies to cover for the licensing fees I have to pay to Zardoz.

I'd rather move on and release something else.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I've just being told the US Postal Services will be increasing shipping rates on January 27th. So take advantage of the current sale now, as FREE shipping option on orders of 9 or more CDs could be a history soon...

Major increase in international prices!

Small flat-rate priority box: now is $16.95, after January 27th -> $23.95
Medium flat-rate: now is $47.95 -> $59.95
Large flat-rate box: now is $60.95 -> $77.95

Express EMS flat-rate envelope: $38.00 -> $44.95
Express EMS flat-rate box: $74.95 -> $79.95
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

It seems I will stop buying from US pretty soon.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Herkus Monte wrote:It seems I will stop buying from US pretty soon.
No shit! The forthcoming USPS rate increases on January 27, 2013 are going to SEVERELY impact any U.S. seller that ships internationally. Most low-weight parcel costs are DOUBLING.

First class international rates at low weights are more than doubling.

For example, a compact disc in jewel case in a bubble mailer is normally a 5-ounce parcel. The current international postage cost is $6.12.

As of January 27, the postage cost will be $12.75...

So yeah, the shipping cost on one cd will start at $12.75 and go up from there...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I'll be closing the webstore briefly on January 25th to configure the new shipping rates into the cart. If you planned to buy 1-2 CDs, now is the time.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I've been trying to work the nightmare with the US Postal Office new international shipping prices and here's what I came up to so far. I still like to keep the "buy more, pay less shipping" incentive, so it is preserved, albeit requires bigger quantities to be achieved:

1 CD = $9.45 (with jewel case in bubble envelope, via First Class mail (also known as regular airmail))
2-4 CDs = $12.75 (w/o jewel cases in bubble envelope, via First Class mail)
5-6 CDs = $14.90 (w/o jewel cases in bubble envelope, via First Class mail)
7-8 CDs = $16.75 (w/o jewel cases in cardboard box, via First Class mail)
9 CDs = $18.60 (w/o jewel cases in cardboard box, via First Class mail)
10-16 CDs = $10.00 (w/o jewel cases in cardboard box, via First Class mail)
17 CDs and more = FREE shipping (w/o jewel cases in priority flat-rate envelope)
msp

Post by msp »

Seems USPS are trying to kill their business along with the businesses of others. The ridiculous postage rates are the reason I rarely order anything from the US these days
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Morton

Post by Morton »

msp wrote:Seems USPS are trying to kill their business along with the businesses of others. The ridiculous postage rates are the reason I rarely order anything from the US these days
Dealers outside of the USA will increase the prices for merchandise from the states as well to cover this ridiculous postage rates.

And, finally, who pays the bill? The customers as always.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

GandALF wrote: For example, a compact disc in jewel case in a bubble mailer is normally a 5-ounce parcel. The current international postage cost is $6.12.

As of January 27, the postage cost will be $12.75...
where did you read that 12,75$ price, what service this is?

The problem is that they removed the "parcel" category from First Class Mail International. This will make shipping without cases option popular, as without the jewel case the packaged CD is in the "flat" category (below 3/4” thick), which still is cheap. \

I do hope that the omission of "parcel" from First Class Mail International new pricing is just a mistake and it will be fixed.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Heathen wrote:where did you read that 12,75$ price, what service this is?
It is the price for a 5 oz package shipped via first class mail, which is the average weight of a regular cd with 12-page booklet in bubble envelope.
The problem is that they removed the "parcel" category from First Class Mail International.
Everything up to 64oz (4 lbs / 2kg) is letter post, beyond that is parcel post. They do not overlap anymore.
This will make shipping without cases option popular, as without the jewel case the packaged CD is in the "flat" category (below 3/4” thick), which still is cheap.
Unfortunately this is not true. First of all there is no "flat" category. The thickness defines if the item is considered a "large envelope" (1/4" to 3/4") or package (over 3/4" thick). And yes, technically large envelopes are marginally cheaper than packages, BUT in case of shipping CDs your item cannot be mailed as "large envelope" because it is rigid (unbendable, non machine-processable) and postal regulations clearly state that "Large envelopes that are rigid, nonrectangular, or not uniformly thick pay package prices."

Anyhow, below is the new pricing table. As you can see shipping w/o jewel cases is not savings option anymore, because no matter what you do, you cannot get a single CD w/o jewel cases under 3oz (unless you just drop it naked in a paper envelope and hope it survives...) and as you can see the new mailing price on 3 oz is a whooping $9.45

First-Class Package International Service

"Weight
Ounces" Price
1 oz - $6.55
2 oz - $6.55
3 oz - $9.45
4 oz - $9.45
5 oz - $12.75
6 oz - $12.75
7 oz - $12.75
8 oz - $12.75
12 oz - $14.90
16 oz - $16.75
20 oz - $18.60
24 oz - $20.45
28 oz - $22.30
32 oz - $24.15
36 oz - $26.00
40 oz - $27.85
44 oz - $29.70
48 oz - $31.55
52 oz - $33.40
56 oz - $35.25
60 oz - $37.10
64 oz - $38.95
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I've never had less then 3 CD's shipped without cases. Shipping a single CD without a case is just asking for the contents to get damaged.

Either way, what countries does "international" refer to?

A single CD with a jewel case and bubble mailer to Canada currently costs $3.45. What is it going to be after the price increase?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."