"RED, WHITE, and HEAVY" demo series

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Ninja´s Invincible?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:Ninja´s Invincible?
All good Ninjas are pretty invincible, unless they fight against Chuck Norris of course! Then they die! :lol:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I noticed these releases listed on your site a while back. Needless to say that I am quite pleased and really looking forward to them.

Hopefully it's not a premature announcement as I was a little let down in the past with the mention of a few other bands re-issues that never saw the light of day. A certain 1992 Thrash demo comes to mind. :(
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

If some release didn't transpire, usually there is a good reason for it, in most cases not due lack of trying on our part. Just saying you know.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:If some release didn't transpire, usually there is a good reason for it, in most cases not due lack of trying on our part. Just saying you know.
I say you rekindle the flame.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

First 3 volumes of our RWH arcane demo collector series coming out on November 1st 2011:

Volume 1: AERIAN RAGE - Fist of Steel CD
Classic US heavy/power metal from South California. This is compilation of all demos recorded between 1983 to 1985, which should appeal to fans of Ruthless, Thrust, early Leatherwolf, Omen, Dark Age, Shok Paris, etc.

Volume 2: BATTLECRY - Cry of the Warrior CD
The cult 1985 demo by the Belgian metal masters. For fans of Crossfire, Killer, Ostrogoth, etc.

Volume 3: MAX PLÄNCK - Kill The Pain CD
Arcane true underground demo monster from 1985. Trully one of a kind for fans of Manilla Road, Cirith Ungol, early Scorpions, etc.

All volumes limited to 500 hand-numbered copies, with custom cover artwork and classic oldschool red-white-black booklet layouts.

Avenger

Post by Avenger »

You can count on at least one order for the three from me. :)
FRANKL

Post by FRANKL »

Some ideas for future releases. There are many more of course!

Black Eden- c'mon take a bite 1988 demo
Strychnine -3 demos 1984/no escape 1985/pull the plug 1987
Deafen Force-Children Of The Sea 1987 demo
Evil Power/First Invasion 1987
Bad Heaven/crystal dagger 1985/dragonlord 1987
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Thanks, but please limit ideas only if you can get me in contact with the bands. Else it is sort of wishful thinking...

I'm already working on next 3 volumes. Although working on such projects is tricky and sometimes they do not transpire. Keep that in mind please - all info is tentative and subject to change without notice:

OPPRESSION (FIN) - all work on this is done, however the band is stern and have different visions regarding artwork, so the outcome is uncertain at this point

CHEMIKILL - Demos 89-92 - this one seems to hit the wall with the audio masters, hope it will unfold.

COLD STEEL - Demos 88-90 - work in progress.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:Thanks, but please limit ideas only if you can get me in contact with the bands. Else it is sort of wishful thinking...

I'm already working on next 3 volumes. Although working on such projects is tricky and sometimes they do not transpire. Keep that in mind please - all info is tentative and subject to change without notice:

OPPRESSION (FIN) - all work on this is done, however the band is stern and have different visions regarding artwork, so the outcome is uncertain at this point

CHEMIKILL - Demos 89-92 - this one seems to hit the wall with the audio masters, hope it will unfold.

COLD STEEL - Demos 88-90 - work in progress.
Which Chemikill is this? The one from Baltimore?

If it is, there was a re-issue of the demo material announced a couple years back and then nothing came from it. I really hope this works out this time. I've never heard any of the Cold Steel demos although the album is pretty decent. Cool picks for sure.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

If it doesn't happen, we'll find something else, no worries.

Cold Steel demos are a lot better than the album, in my opinion anyway.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Q: will the Max Planck cD have any tracks/liner notes that were not on the LP?
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Nope, we are using the same materials from the vinyl production.
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

stormspell wrote:First 3 volumes of our RWH arcane demo collector series coming out on November 1st 2011:

Volume 1: AERIAN RAGE - Fist of Steel CD
Classic US heavy/power metal from South California. This is compilation of all demos recorded between 1983 to 1985, which should appeal to fans of Ruthless, Thrust, early Leatherwolf, Omen, Dark Age, Shok Paris, etc.

Volume 2: BATTLECRY - Cry of the Warrior CD
The cult 1985 demo by the Belgian metal masters. For fans of Crossfire, Killer, Ostrogoth, etc.

Volume 3: MAX PLÄNCK - Kill The Pain CD
Arcane true underground demo monster from 1985. Trully one of a kind for fans of Manilla Road, Cirith Ungol, early Scorpions, etc.

All volumes limited to 500 hand-numbered copies, with custom cover artwork and classic oldschool red-white-black booklet layouts.

MAX PLANCK is a must-buy. Limited to a mere 500 copies so any chances other labels/distros will be carrying this or it's strictly only buy-direct-from-label? BTW, you managed to find CD plant that willing to do 500 printings? :wink:
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

mega_lodon wrote:MAX PLANCK is a must-buy. Limited to a mere 500 copies so any chances other labels/distros will be carrying this or it's strictly only buy-direct-from-label?
We never had "buy-direct-from-the-label" release so far. Any label/distro/dealer interested in whole-buying and carrying it is welcome. Until supplies last of course.
BTW, you managed to find CD plant that willing to do 500 printings? :wink:
Pressing 500 copies has no real price-break and still costs close to making 1000. However, I got tired of sitting on piles of unsold cds, and storage space is dire, so I suck it up and press 500. Desperate economy requires desperate measures.